When repairing the ceiling is often the question arises: How to make training material and how best to make the finish?The article described how pokleit fiberglass ceiling, followed by painting or fiberglass putty and care, benefits, and characteristics of the material.
description of the material characteristics, advantages
One of the most common materials for finishing as the ceiling and walls, is fiberglass.Fiberglass (fiberglass) - a web, which is made of glass filaments and impregnated with modified starch.
specifications, features, advantages of the material
- Fire properties ;
- In the manufacture of this material are used only natural ingredients - environmental ;
- high strength characteristics ;
- Durability ;
- Fiberglass does not accumulate static electricity (the dust does not stick);
- Fiberglass allows the surface to "breathe» , which, in turn, eliminates the appearance of mold and mildew;
- Cost-effective coverage.
Surface preparation for pasting glass-
Before gluing fiberglass ceiling, make sure the integrity of the surface (do not check whether there is no plaster, etc.).In the presence of large cracks have to be deleted.
This can be done using the starting putty or cement-sand mortar (depending on the old coating).Small cracks are eliminated by using a grid-serpyanka and putty.
proshpaklevat Next, the entire ceiling putty mixtures.After drying, the surface should be sanded with emery paper or a special net.Prepared surface must be covered with primer deep penetration.It is necessary to improve the adhesion and bonding of construction dust.
Preparation of adhesive for wallpaper
Following the acquisition of glass fiber is necessary to choose the glue.For this kind of wallpaper has a special glue.You can also use glue for heavy or non-woven wallpaper.Glue is prepared immediately before the fiberglass stick.
Important!The adhesive composition is necessary to prepare, just follow the manufacturer's instructions.The required amount of warm water is poured dry adhesive mixture and well stirred.Ready adhesive should stand for about 10-15 minutes for swelling.Thereafter, the adhesive must stir again.
You can also buy ready-made glue for fiberglass.
technology papering the ceiling with glass
for high-quality finishing of the ceiling is necessary to select a material of high density.Wallpaper on the basis of fiberglass usually used for pasting places with high traffic, because of its high strength and durability, and are intended for painting or subsequent finish plaster as a base for finishing material.They can also be used in residential areas.As fiberglass stick to the ceiling can be found in the instructions to the web.
Tools and materials required for pasting glass-ceiling
- high density fiberglass;
- adhesive fiberglass;
- priming emulsion;
- Brush primer emulsion;
- Brush glue;
- rubber roller for rolling the web;
- plastic spatula for wallpaper;
- Building a knife;
process of pasting steklooboyami
- Glass fiber glued to the ceiling should be at room temperature (18-25 degrees) and humidity (no more than 70-75%).The room should not be a draft.
- Remember that glass fiber, in contrast to conventional wallpaper, always facing the front side facing the roll.
- Glass fiber glued to the ceiling must be together, as one person at a time will be hard to hold the fabric and smooth out the surface.
- fiberglass glued to the ceiling, on a pre-prepared and pre-soaked in primer deep penetration of the surface.(Priming emulsion is completely dry).
- Covering Cloths cut to the required size with a small margin (about 5-10 cm) to fit the billing.
- Pasting should start on the opposite side of the door (parallel to the door).
- for smooth and proper pasting must be applied to the surface of the line with the level.Along this line, the first band is glued glass fiber.
- adhesive is applied only on the surface of the ceiling , because he impregnated fiberglass modified starch (the substance is also part of the glue).On the glass fiber fabric adhesive composition can not be applied.
- fiberglass should be tightly pressed against the surface of the ceiling and to expel the air with a special tool - plastic spatula (you can use a clean, soft cloth).
- After the fiberglass stick to the ceiling, it is necessary to pass a special rubber roller joints for better adhesion to the edges of the canvas surface.
- fiberglass ceiling must be glued back to back.
- After pasting wallpaper surface covered with a layer of thick glue.It is necessary for the subsequent uniform staining.(Fiberglass strongly absorbs the paint, causing uneven color may be).
- Covering Drying should take place under natural conditions (18-25 degrees).Do not allow excess moisture.
pokleit fiberglass ceiling and can overlap, but then you need to level with the help of a sharp blade and cut in the middle of overlap, and to remove the excess wallpaper.The joint should be to push the squeegee.
Important!It is impossible to further include heaters for fast drying glass fiber.
The painting is glass fiber must be done in two layers, the first layer is applied after drying the surface, but not earlier than 24 hours after pasting and .Second - 12 hours after the first coat.For smooth paint over latex paint should be diluted with water.
If the ceiling is colored, the water-based paint should be added to the dye and stir thoroughly.You can also buy ready-made paint in the desired color.Read more about how to paint the ceiling, see the article How to paint the ceiling latex paint.
Important!For coloring glass fiber paint should be used only water-based high-quality (you can use the facade).
After painting on canvas textured pattern clearly expressed.Repainting can be performed to the extent of fading of paint on the surface (one time on 2-3 years).
If fiberglass is used as a reinforcement and consolidation of the surface after gluing fiberglass putty is necessary.
order to achieve a perfectly flat surface, the surface must be primed and glued cover layer finishing putty.This base is also perfectly suitable for further finishing Venetian plaster or wallpapering.Spackling made with a spatula and quality finishing putty.
putty mixture should be cooked, just follow the manufacturer's instructions.You can also buy ready-made plaster finish.Caulking is applied to fine and smooth movements with a thin layer.If you have any scratches need to be proshpaklevat again.
After drying, the entire surface of the ceiling grid to be treated for grouting or sandpaper and cover with a layer of primer emulsion.After the primer has dried surface is ready for further finishing.If you have experience in this kind of construction works can be produced independently.
Care ceiling, glass-sticked
Due to physical and chemical parameters, this material is not the dust settles.This greatly facilitates maintenance.To maintain the purity enough once or twice a quarter wiped with a damp cloth pasted over the entire surface of the ceiling.It is also possible to carry out dry cleaning with a vacuum cleaner.