papered ceiling wallpaper began long ago.However, this idea remains popular to this day.
wallpapering the ceiling you will not only decorate your room, make it original, but still decide some problems with the surface.Since the wallpaper for the ceiling denser and thicker than the wall, with their help, smooth out any unevenness, roughness, pits, cracks.
Set wallpaper depends on your taste and opportunities.Great demand for wallpaper based on vinyl or non-woven.
Some like liquid wallpaper.Be sure to read the instructions on the package.
From it you will find out what the wallpaper is best suited to your apartment, some adhesive to glue them.
Tools for wallpapering the ceiling
How pokleit wallpaper on the ceiling?This work, you can perform with your own hands, following these instructions.
To do this, you should prepare such tools:
- a sharp knife;
- measuring tape for marking;
- roller or brush to apply a primer and adhesive;
- cotton rags and a large sponge;
- putty knife to remove old paint and moil;
- primer, acrylic better;
- ladder or table.
Prior to, if possible, remove all the furniture from the room.Close all windows and vents, turn off the air conditioning and fan.
The room should not be a draft.If the air is too dry, put in the corners of the buckets of water.
Switch off the power and remove the chandelier.
Preparation ceiling to wallpapering
How to ceiling wallpaper glue.
The first stage is to prepare the surface:
- remove old paint and moil;
- putty align the slope plane
- after drying putty must be thoroughly sanded surface, in this case, it is very beautiful fall wallpaper;
- gruntuem ceiling acrylic primer dries quickly and it is airtight;
As ceiling wallpaper glue right.
At the second stage layout:
- carefully mark and plot the border bands;
- markup do along the short wall;
- need to start gluing on the wall opposite the door;
- Apply glue and immediately impose a strip adhering strictly to the marking lines.
This should be done without delay, as the adhesive dries quickly.If you choose a non-woven wallpaper, the adhesive should be applied only to the ceiling, and if the paper, you should soak and glue.
glue non-woven wallpaper
As wallpaper glue right to the ceiling.Fleece wallpaper can be glued on their own, as the adhesive is applied only on the ceiling.
Before gluing the floor close newspapers and close the doors and windows to avoid drafts.So
- gluing it is necessary to start from the window ;
- cut into strips of wallpaper on the walls of short length;
- displace the cut strips into rolls;
- Apply glue to the strip width along the short wall, it will facilitate the work;
- press the edge of the wallpaper to the surface and gradually untwist the roll, with roller smoothes strip or brush from the middle to the edges of the strip to leave no air bubble;
After gluing Avoid direct sunlight on the wallpaper, and the room should be no drafts.This is done for uniform drying glue.
advantages of non-woven wallpaper
Non-woven wallpaper has a number of advantages over paper-based wallpaper:
- they are made from natural cellulose and textile fibers with the addition of binding polymers;
- free flowing of air, ie, "breathe";
- wallpaper made from completely harmless to human material;
- they are durable, easy to glue;
- withstand up to 15 cycles of painting;
- fire-safe, because it does not support combustion.
glue paper wallpaper on the ceiling
How to hang wallpaper on the ceiling.
Paper wallpaper has its advantages:
- because it was cheaper, they are accessible to all;
- work with paper wallpaper easily and at a certain skill you can do the job with their own hands;
- glue paper wallpaper can be in any room where humidity in the range of 40 - 60%;
- abundance of colors and different designs to suit every taste;
Negative characteristics include:
- Paper wallpaper are short-lived;
- They burn out quickly;
- They are durable and therefore can not be painted;Under
- paper wallpaper surface should be carefully prepared so there was not a pit or protuberance, or after the glue has dried they are manifest.
- paper wallpaper pasting the ceiling should be the best two or three people.This is due to the fact that glue must be applied on the ceiling and on the wallpaper.
Paper wallpaper is very fragile and can break.So helpers will be needed.
- If the room is a ceiling cornice, then paste it at first, and then the wallpaper.
- strip wallpaper should be flush draw to the plinth and carefully cut with a sharp knife.
Scissors in this case can not be used as they can crush edge.
After gluing need the same precautions as with Non-woven wallpaper .Avoid drafts and direct sunlight on the wallpaper.
If you are good at drawing on a combination of different bands of wallpaper, you can select the wallpaper with the original pattern.It is better to choose wallpaper without edges.
prettier and easier to glue wallpaper butt.
How to apply liquid wallpaper on the ceiling
How pokleit wallpaper on the ceiling (liquid wallpaper).Relatively recently entered our life is such a thing as liquid wallpaper.
But it is not uncommon to see a liquid wallpaper is not only on the walls but also on the ceiling.The liquid they are called because they are diluted before use with water and applied with a spatula or stiff brush.
liquid wallpaper have several advantages:
- they are durable;
- hide all minor irregularities;
- after applying the turns smooth surface with no seams;
- easy to apply;
- extensive range of colors;
- not fade from sunlight;
- not fall off at high humidity;
- made from environmentally friendly material.
For applying liquid wallpaper tools required:
- spatula wide and narrow;
- acrylic primer;
- rollers of different sizes;
- stiff brush;
- electric drill with a device of the "mixer".
offers three types of liquid wallpaper:
- liquid wallpaper, ready to use, in plastic buckets;
- dry mixture containing the dye;
- dry mixture without the dye, you add it on your own.
Prepare the ceiling as well as for other types of gluing wallpaper.Only after stripping the surface it is applied to a layer of acrylic primer.
It will provide high adhesion to the final coating.Liquid wall
diluted with water according to instructions on the package and allowed to swell for 12 hours.After this time add more 0.5 - 1 liter of water and mix again.
Liquid wallpaper applied to the ceiling with a spatula or stiff brush.After spatula or brush the surface of the ceiling is obtained smooth and textured ceiling to get, you have 5 hours to walk on the ceiling structural roller.
But if you want to immediately get the required texture, apply liquid wallpaper structural roller.This will save you time.
In conclusion, it is necessary to properly dry the ceiling.It takes 48 hours.At this time, it is necessary to exclude drafts in the room.
retail prices of materials and the cost of works:
- liquid wallpaper (1 package 3 - 4 m²) - from 250 to 850 p.1 package
- nonwoven wallpaper 1.06 x 25 m - from 765 p.1 roll of paper wallpaper
- 0.5 x 10 m - from 720 p.1 roll
- Removing old wallpaper - 70 p.1 m²
- applying liquid wallpaper - 300 p.for 1m²
- sticky non-woven wallpaper on the ceiling - 250 p.for 1m²
- putty ceiling under the wallpaper - 250 p.for 1m²
- primer for wallpaper - 50 p.for 1m²
Prices for materials and prices are given for the work of the Moscow region.
Just on our website you can find out how to glue steklohlst ceiling.