In the process of repairing the apartment, various kinds of finishing, the selection of which is limited only by imagination of the owners, as well as the cost of materials.For example, popular ceilings may simply be unaffordable.However
suspended structures there is a great alternative - a ceiling wallpaper.
Modern industry produces wallpaper of different textures and colors.Very popular among consumers enjoy ceiling glass wall, which is made from natural raw materials.
- Steklooboi are rolled material, the production of which is carried out on special looms. feedstock used glass fiber of different density and thickness.
- At the final stage of production of finished fabric is impregnated with a chemical composition whereby the wallpaper acquire high density and specific characteristics.
- history of production fiberglass got its start in the pre-war Germany in 1931.The first samples were produced on a single enterprise of colored glass threads.
- Widespread use of fiberglass begins with the 50-ies of the XX century, after Switzerland, with financial support of the American concern JohnsManville was built factory for the production of glass fiber wallpaper.
production technology and characteristics
- For release steklopolotna use special glass, which is melted at a temperature of 1200oC to a liquid state.
- Then the mass of a special technology is pulled thread.
- Next they twist in the fiber and textile machinery using produce fiberglass.
Here it is material for the production of fiberglass.
Currently, the industry produces two types of fiberglass - "matting" and "cobweb» , last got its name, thanks to the distinctive designs.Mat is coated with the usual texture.
This category enjoys quite a high popularity and is characterized by a broad enough range of the color palette, in addition, the price of the material is distinguished by its accessibility.
- Glass is a non-combustible material that is virtually impossible to burn.
- Like glass, wallpaper fiberglass not exposed to a variety of aggressive chemicals and are not afraid of moisture.
- possess amazing strength, so taping the ceiling with glass can perfectly replace the strengthening of sophisticated coating reinforcing materials.They are used where necessary to close small cracks, as well as for thermal insulation of the ceiling.
- Through the use for the production of linen natural materials such as dolomite, limestone, soda, silica sand, almost completely eliminates the possibility of the appearance of colonies on the surface of the wallpaper various insect pests.
- material is completely harmless to health due to its production not using any toxic raw materials, causing a variety of human allergic reactions.
- Unlike synthetic materials, with glass ceiling does not accumulate static electricity.In addition, due to the unique structure of the web, there is unhindered diffusion of steam.
fiberglass Disadvantages include the need for multiple painting surface, beneath which disappears almost completely cover the invoice.
Where to apply fiberglass
their field of application is so broad, that to describe require a separate article. Briefly we can say: fiberglass ceiling is used for decoration of apartments and rooms in public buildings, such as the medical and child care.
Quite often they are used to decorate the rooms of cafes and restaurants.
How stick fiberglass ceiling
You will need:
- soft paint rollers;
- set of metal spatulas;
- brush wash whitewash;
- a sharp knife;
- ladder of medium height;
- paint cord for marking;
- pencil or marker;
- water tank;
- tray for glue.
glue glass fiber ceiling starts with surface preparation, as wallpaper are finishing materials for which a maximum flat and smooth base.
Tip!Do not count on the fact that, because of its density, glass can disguise serious defects ceiling: deep cracks and significant differences surface.
- preparation begins with a tour of the ceiling, which allows to determine the place with the greatest damage: chipped or peeling plaster or whitewash.If not repaired, then the old finish can fall off with the wallpaper.
- The deterioration of whitewash can be assessed visually or, running a hand through her.If hands remain white marks mean surface needs to be cleaned.
For this purpose, a variety of washes or warm soapy water.Wash the lime with a soft brush and cloth (see: How do wash whitewash from the ceiling with the least effort).
- Perennial detachment previously sprayed with water and removed with a sharp metal spatula.Various grease stains and traces of soot is washed off with water, with the addition of standard detergent, that allows higher quality fiberglass stick to the ceiling.
- to level the surface, it is recommended to fully proshpaklevat.Before that, the ceiling using a soft roller applied primer.Once the plaster dries, the entire area should be sanded and cleaned from dust.
- Repeated soil layer is applied directly before stick fiberglass ceiling.You can use almost any primer designed for decorating.
As a tool used maklavitsu or conventional paint roller: Foam or wool.
Tip!To pasting ceiling steklooboyami passed without any problems, the primer is completely dry.Because of this, on the surface it will turn a solid foundation.
If the ceiling is finished with plasterboard or foam, then before pasting fiberglass ceiling, all the joints between the slabs must be sealed filler and sanded with sandpaper.
- be recalled that the pasting of glass-ceiling windows with their hands should be at the most comfortable temperature - namely, from 18 to 25 ° C. The room should be properly insulated from drafts and significant fluctuations in air temperature.
Furthermore, optimal level of humidity in the room should be at a level of 70%.
- as the adhesive can be used in a popular Russian kleyOscar that perfectly holds fiberglass ceiling.Available it occurs both in dry and liquid form, i.e., ready to use.
- work begins with the layout of the ceiling.To do this, from the adjacent wall is indented, which is equal to the width of the wallpaper.
marks do on both sides and with the help of a paint applied to the cord longitudinal line along which the first sheet will be pasted.
- sheets are cut with a sharp knife, according to the conducted measurements.To otrez was even possible to use a metal ruler.
In order to better understand how to stick fiberglass ceiling, video site will serve as a good example, do the work.In addition, detailed instructions will not leave "blank spots" in this topic.
Glue is applied to the surface of a paint roller, width should not exceed the width of the sheet. Steklooboi for painting the ceiling is applied on one side, and gradually fixed over the entire length.Smooth
them, as well as get rid of air bubbles under the wallpaper can be using a wide plastic spatula.The following list is glued back to back to the previous.
Paint fiberglass rolls made of natural wool.You can see it on one of the photos that are posted on the site.
To protect the wall from the spray, paste over the entire perimeter of masking tape.The paint is applied only after the glue dries and wallpapers.
As can be seen from the article, sticky broken glass ceiling is not much different from working with the same finish coatings, so to learn the whole process of the work will not be easy.
Just on our website you can learn more about glueing ceilings.