ceiling moldings is excellent material that can hide all the irregularities and errors on the border of the ceiling and walls.Also it has a name - the fillet.
plinth made from foam polystyrene and polyurethane.How to fix the ceiling moldings know not all, and the purpose of this article to help them.You can find the network and view the video to enhance their knowledge in this area.
mount ceiling moldings - is the final stage of repair pomescheniya.Dlya greater understanding and clarity as to fix ceiling moldings, a photo attached.
Mounting ceiling moldings
Step 1: Select plinth
- First of all, the choice of fillet, must be guided by the size of the room.The higher ceilings and larger room, the larger the plinth should be.
But in all must be an individual approach, it is possible to change the standards and to choose the suitable decorative element.
- There are certain standards, for example for a room with an area of 20 m2 and a ceiling height of 2.7 m, it is recommended to use a baseboard with a height of 9-14 cm. So, ceiling moldings chosen as a mount itread on.
Step 2. Calculation of material
first need to calculate how much you need to buy fillets.The perimeter of the room is divided by the length of the plinth, standard length - 2 m.
resulting number is rounded to the nearest whole number (even), this figure is the required amount of fillet.Fixing plinth ceiling - the work is simple, but because of the possibility of improper cutting, or marriage breakdown, it is necessary to take an extra quirk, well, that he has a low price.
Step 3. Designated gluing and markings
- necessary to examine the ceiling, to identify the place of irregularities and to determine the location brackets.
- In areas with a large curvature is not necessary to glue the long fillet, asthey can break.
- If possible, it is better not to join strips of different lengths, from an aesthetic point of view.
Tip!on the wall labels may be applied, but in a way that the mounting bracket ceiling moldings, baseboard or he hid them.How to attach a plinth ceiling using the mounting bar is described in the article.
Step 4. Preparation of materials and tools
At this stage, you need to prepare all the necessary materials and tools.
So, will need tools:
- gun assembly;
- Mitre - a tool for cutting the material from different angles;
- Hacksaw or a sharp knife;
- rubber spatula;
- capacity under the plaster.
- Fixing plinth corner;
- if necessary - Mounting bracket ceiling moldings;
- mounting glue;
- acrylic sealant to eliminate the gaps;
- Water paint.
Step 5. Cutting fillets
Before you attach the ceiling moldings make accurate cutting of angles for ideal splicing at the corners.There will miter box.
important to first cut the corner, and then produce a trim length.
Tip!While cutting corners, side fastened to the ceiling, must lie on the bottom of the miter box.At the same time, quirk to keep exactly to avoid the formation of gaps, which are not very easy to seal.
After cutting skirting produce cutting angle of the front, on the inner corner of the back, at the outer corner. But it is better to use special angular mounting ceiling moldings, with no need to accurately match the angles.
Step 6. Installation
So, figured out how to trim the plinth as a ceiling mount considered further.
For fastening the plinth there are three options:
- Installation at the wallpaper;
- Mounting directly on the wall;
- Installation with mechanical fasteners.
The simplest and most common is the installation of decorative moldings on the wall.The result of this installation method gets the highest quality.
third option involves the use of fastening straps, and it has a plastic mount plintus.Rassmotrim second and third ways to strengthen the ceiling moldings as the most effective and popular.
Mounting directly on the wall
- Ceilings and walls are leveled and primed.
- on the inner surface of the plinth glue is applied, so that the surplus is not made out.
now has a huge selection of adhesives for skirting boards, but it's better to use a polymer-alcohol. This glue is waterproof, dries quickly and firmly sticks.
moldings like crepe, read on.
- Now, applied moldings to the right place, removed and held for 5-6 minutes for the adhesive has set, then lightly pressed, glued quirk in place.
- important to note that under strong pressure on the baseboard, on its surface may be formed dents or it may break.
- So, the next ceiling fillets glued to the ceiling, wall, and the previous bar.Approaching to the wall, carry out trimming skirting size.
- After fixing all skirting boards, zashpaklevyvayut all joints, cracks and gaps.
- plinth, if necessary, paint.
Installations using mechanical fasteners
- Install corner pieces.
- Perform mounting plate fixing screws with a pitch of 0.3-0.5 m.
- quirk latches on the mounting plate.
Trimming angles on this plinth, made as described above.
This manual will help those who have never done it, but it's going to, and with your own hands.