How to make a ceiling moldings angle depends on the material from which the product is made.To produce fillets used various materials: polyurethane, wood, polyvinyl chloride (PVC), polystyrene.
purpose of these products is different.Wooden fillets are used in the style "chalets" are good in combination with plank floors, exposed beams supporting structures.
PVC fillet suitable for kitchens and bathrooms, as it does not absorb moisture and are easy to clean.Under the painting and gilding use polyurethane moldings.
Price polyurethane moldings is very high.They can be used as ducts for illumination, and in combination with the same type of flexible rubber counterparts - to design buildings with columns and curved coffered ceilings.
surface preparation before gluing skirting: polystyrene plinth
Popularity polystyrene moldings compared to other fillets incomparably higher: by virtue of their low price, combined with ease of installation. When calculating the required number of strips counted the length of the perimeter of the room, taking into account the inevitable losses of 5-10%.
If fillet pattern, the loss will be even greater, as the figure on the corners and joints have podgonyat.V commercially available and cornices, are combined into one bar fillet and decorative wall frieze.
Many models are supplemented with skirting angles - external and internal.
Tip!With a ceiling height of 2.7 m is not mounted in the corners of the baseboards 3 cm wider! For rooms with ceilings higher than 2.7 m can be mounted eaves, combined with friezes.For ceilings higher than 3.3m eaves should be at least 7 cm.
consider how to make the corner at the ceiling moldings, if the range to the desired profile corner pieces available.
- Careful preparation areas papered walls and ceiling will ensure a snug fit polystyrene and quick easy installation.
- walls and ceilings in the areas of installation of the cornice should be carefully plastered, primed and oshlifovany.After the primer has dried
rail fillet put in a corner and use it as a template for marking the two guide lines on the ceiling and wall.The lines are not desirable to carry out in graphite pencil, and color - blue, as traces of graphite show through the layers of latex paint.
Mitre, made their own hands
for a precise fit at the corners of the baseboards need a miter box.This simple device consists of a rigid thick-walled box.
Before ceiling moldings make the angle, it is necessary to make sure that all guides Mitre - parallel to each other, and be ashamed for playing the saw - perpendicular.Disposable miter box made of three-edged boards.
Professional miter box is equipped with a wide hacksaw with fine teeth (photo below).In professional Mitre has guide slots for angles of 90 ˚ and 45 ˚.
soft corners for fitting thin fillets of extruded polystyrene is not enough to have a writing knife with a wide blade.
Template for indirect angles
in old buildings as a result of uneven shrinkage of the walls may be deviations from the values of the angles of 90˚.These angles should be identified before gluing fillets using a triangle.
Before you make the angle of the ceiling moldings in places with distortions, it is necessary to place the fillet so that it is aligned with the adjacent end wall, and then hold the guide line marking.Same doing a corner adjacent to the second wall.
From this mark the corners formed elongated or narrowed diamonds.Diamonds from the ceiling carry on board in the form of templates.Lozenges will set the middle of the line cutting corners.
procedure for cutting fillets on stuslo
- Before you cut the corner on the ceiling moldings, you need to clearly understand what the plane miter box will match the ceiling, and what - the wall.For beginners it is recommended to mark the bottom of the miter box labeled "ceiling", and one of the walls - a piece of adhesive tape with the word "wall".
During the entire process of mounting position and miter box markers remain unchanged, and the miter box can be rotated in any direction convenient for cutting.
- Even before the how to make the corners of the ceiling plinths, fillets need to be calibrated.This must be done even if they apparently symmetrical in its cross section.
Applying the joints and comparing, finding the top and bottom fillets, strips everything you need to lay on the floor with the same orientation of the top and bottom.
- firmly vzhav quirk in the miter box to the position where it will be on the ceiling, do desperately with a slope to the left - for inner corners or right - for pasting the outer corners.Following the markers inserted into the second bracket.
zapilivaem second bar should be the opposite slope.When the first angle is ready for the next pass.Do not be amiss to practice on a small piece in order to obtain primary skills.
- For indirect angles used diamonds templates planted under stuslo .The middle line of the rhombus must coincide with the vertical edge of the box miter box.
Edge Mitre box will focus hacksaw while cutting fillet angle.
Before you connect the corners of the ceiling moldings on the wall, you need to make sure that the gash at the junction are correct, and only then start gluing.The edges of the baseboards - fragile, dent or drive them into a corner can not.
Faulty gashes rework, strips try on the walls, and only then they can be spread with glue and insert into the corner.
Attention!To glue is best to start at the corners by using pieces of length of about 0.5 meters, and the whole strips used for large runs - finally.
Laying fillets on curved surfaces
Often the question arises, how to make decorative moldings on the corners for rounded corners and convex surfaces.
on a curved surface polystyrene fillets are placed pre-cutting them crosswise.The division into segments occurs every 3 cm, but not through, and so that the cuts do not damage a strong outer glazed surface.
after punching glued fillet.Some time later, after complete curing of the adhesive composition, the slots are filled shpatlyuyuschim solution from the start or finish putty (sm.Shpaklevka (selection) - doing the right thing).
If you get a small amount of glue on the surface of the fillets do not worry: the dried glue is painted beautifully.It should be wary of a large drop of glue drips: they create relief, they need to be carefully removed in the wet state.How to
corners on moldings for the curved surface of the semicircular bay?For this paste over land is divided into equal segments (20 or 30 cm - the same size) and using the diamond-shaped patterns customize each segment.
painstaking work, but the result is worth it.
Tip!It is not necessary to fill in the gaps with silicone or acrylic fillers, as these areas are not painted!
silicone spots wallpaper will not stick!No need to polish fillet at the junction of sandpaper: the areas with damaged coating will be different even if the uniform color painting!
- How to work with the fillets so important because they are logged in the usual range of works on the arrangement of the home.
- Concave C-shaped symmetrical fillets are best suited to the design of a conventional apartment.Smooth the fillet is better to combine with colorful wallpaper and vice versa.
- spent many years receiving wall design wallpaper with a light, airy pattern combined with smooth narrow C-shaped fillets - and economical, and easily carried out by one person.In addition, the price of the design of the room is quite accessible to everyone.
Other styles and techniques require special skills, tools, and other zatrat.Pered how to do corner on ceiling moldings should be familiar with the drawings and view the embedded video.