Responding to a question as to stick to the ceiling moldings suspended ceiling, any expert will answer in short: nothing.Because it is a stretch ceilings moldings are not glued, it is only mounting on the wall.To learn how to do it right, tell you in more detail.
Ceilings earned universal popularity not only for its decorative qualities and ease of installation.This is one of the most durable finishes.You can repaint the wall several times and re-stick wallpaper and the ceiling remain the same.That is why it glued to the plinth is undesirable, not to spoil the surface for subsequent repairs.
Modern fillet is called professionals ceiling moldings are made of very lightweight materials, so they are well kept and without fixing the ceiling.In addition, glue anything to bend under the pressure surface is difficult, and can damage it.If misfortune had happened, the article will help you repair the stretch ceilings.
Choose ceiling moldings
ceiling moldings are made of plastic, foam, polystyrene, polyurethane.There are also fillet of heavier materials, such as wood or plaster.But, as the glue baseboards to the suspended ceiling is not recommended, it is better to choose the material easier.The more that modern polyurethane moldings does not differ from the gypsum, especially after painting.
If your choice has fallen on the most inexpensive products of pressed pellets of foam, keep in mind that over time, they can dry up and docked between skirting a gap that will need to close up.
Council.Buying plinth, note that all of them were from the same party, had no scratches, dents and other defects.
Appearance and size
moldings can have a different width and length, smooth surface or a surface with relief.Choosing the appearance of the plinth depends on what style decorated room, and the condition of the joint between the wall and the ceiling, which is to hide the plinth.
to install a suspended ceiling is best to choose a plinth with a wider part of the wall.If you have a perfectly smooth walls and flat line interface, and the plinth is necessary not so much for his disguise, but for decoration, instead it can be stuck onto the wall molding.
With regard to the length of the plinth, then choose the one that will allow to make fewer joints and give fewer scraps.To do this, before you buy, measure the length of all walls.
If a large room is the optimum maximum length of the plinth (2 meters), then, for example, the toilet (the toilet sm.Potolok: finish options) size 0,8h1,2 m more economical to buy a plinth length of 1.3 m.
Important!Buy plinth with a good margin, since it is not always possible to adjust the first time in their corners.And if you're doing this work for the first time, you will need material to train properly to cut corners.
Many manufacturers offer special corners which are pasted between converging at right angles through the floor.They greatly simplify and speed up your work.If there is over you will not have to think how to adjust the ceiling moldings.
Mounting ceiling moldings under the suspended ceiling
installation method is chosen, depending on what stage of finishing you are going to mount the plinth, and the conditionwalls.
most often suspended ceiling set in the last turn, when the wall decoration has completely finished, and the owners have no choice as to glue the plinth to the stretch ceiling.They were on top of wallpaper glue or other finishes.
Although preferable to install ceiling moldings after installation of the ceiling, but before finishing the walls, especially if they are not very smooth.But in this case there is risk of damage or stain is already mounted suspended ceiling when you glue the wallpaper or paint the walls.
Installation on finished walls
- for bonding baseboards you need a special transparent or white glue, which does not darken with time.Experts recommend using time of installation , Moment Superstoyky , as well as glue Titan .They quickly grasped, and you will not have long to keep his hands plinth.Apart from adhesive
- prepare stuslo (if you do not use brackets) Stationery knife (or a hacksaw if plastic moldings), roulette, ladder and a clean, dry cloth.
- begin to glue the plinth should be from one of the corners.Prior to this work out properly cut corners, using a miter box. 45 degrees should be cut not only the front of the plinth, and its thickness.Moreover, the nature of the cut depends on what angle you arrange - internal or external.In the picture below you can see how to arrange plinth in Mitre in a particular case.
- Attach the plinth in place, pinning them to the ceiling, be sure to get the right seam.To subsequently stain the wallpaper, draw on the lower edge of the plinth marks on the wall.
- Apply glue only to the inner surface of the plinth (baseboard sm.Kogda glue), which will be adjacent to the wall.Wait for the glue to gently grabbed, and then attach the baseboard to the wall exactly on the markup and press it.Doing it better together to provide a uniform clamping along the entire length.
- If the wall is uneven, the places where between it and the skirting there is a gap, press plinth densely and temporarily secure it with masking tape.After solidification of the adhesive it can be removed without affecting the finish.
reference.The process described above helps eliminate any visible cracks, but the line is not that the plinth level.Instead, you can accurately seal the gap with silicone sealant, and then paint the skirting board in the color you want.
- Gluing plinth in one corner, you can do the same with all the other corners and then pasted between flat areas.Or you can continue straight to the next corner.In this case, measure the distance to it, to determine how much you will need of entire parts, and the length of how long you need to add.
Attention!If on the last corner before the whole fillet is less than 5-7 cm, it is better to cut a little bit of length to extend the angular part.
- Apply glue not only on the inner surface, but also on the end of the skirting board to dock it with the previous one.
- Gluing every quirk, immediately remove any excess glue with a clean cloth, if they were on the walls.The color of the baseboard must be carried out after the complete drying of the adhesive.
Installing plinth to finishing walls
This type of installation is preferable if only because that the subsequent change of the wallpaper you do not have to remove and reinstall the ceiling moldings.In addition, during installation, you can smooth out irregularities in walls.Installation
plinth in this case can be performed on the adhesive or sealant and the filler.The technology is similar to the previous installation, but you need a spatula and a moist cloth.A filler should be diluted a little thicker than for leveling walls.
- As ceiling moldings fit, you already know.This should be "dry" before applying putty.
- After fitting, slightly moisten the wall at the installation site and the back of the plinth with water.
- Coat the inside of the plinth putty using small spatula or a plastic bag with a corner cut off.
Council.In order not to stain the suspended ceiling, protect the food with plastic wrap.It easily adheres to the surface, and also easily pulled out after the plinth stickers.
- Firmly press the baseboard to the wall to part putty squeezed out from under him, filling in any gaps.
- Carefully remove any excess putty from the walls with a spatula, and joints - a damp cloth.
If between the skirting and ceiling to leave a small gap by gluing it to the 1.5-2 cm lower in the crack can be installed LED lights.
About how you can still decorate the ceiling, see the article How to decorate the ceiling with his hands - the ideas for your home.