plinth is the final touch, the last decorative layout that separates the two planes;horizontal face of the ceiling and the vertical part of the walls.Ceiling plinth, the types of which have a very wide range from which to a large extent depends on the perception of the entire room, individuality and comfort, aesthetics and harmony.
Ceiling moldings can visually change the volume and size of the room optically zoom in or out the ceiling.
Basic types and types of ceiling moldings
Purpose skirting is not only the decoration of the room.He also bears the function and meaning, covering a natural and technical gaps between the walls and ceiling slab.
protects joints from cracking at the interface of the ceiling and walls.
decorative moldings of polystyrene is increasingly used in the construction and repair than other types of decorative moldings.
This is due to a number of advantages:
- aesthetics and performance;
- ease of handling, assembly and disassembly;
- resistance to deformation;
- good dyeability;
- resistance to fungal contamination;
- a wide range of sizes and shapes;
- visually different from the plaster moldings;
- affordable price.
- low strength,
- at high temperatures emit toxic compounds.
For reference: Can be used with any type of walls and ceilings.The connection is performed by the hands, both the adhesive and the mixture of gypsum, depending on the materials used for finishing of ceilings and walls.
Polyurethane Ceiling Moulding
These types of ceiling moldings have in their chemical composition of rubber.This gives the ledge higher elasticity, strength and flexibility to create complex curved or broken lines.
similar products from other materials such qualities do not possess.
- Polyurethane skirting boards are widely used for finishing wet rooms (bathrooms, toilets, pools, saunas).The material is resistant to temperature changes, has a moisture repellent properties.
often used for finishing in the construction of a stretch ceiling.When installing, use glue to polymer-based alcohol (see: How do stick to the ceiling moldings stretch ceilings yourself).
- Polyurethane kinds ceiling moldings, mount up finishing (painting, wallpapering).
One of the most economical options.Structurally created species, ceiling moldings which are also embedded profile for the plastic lining.
fasteners made on the screws or mounting bracket, set the fillet of different colors and imitation of natural materials.PVC products are simple to install, hygroscopic.
Attention!Cons - can not tolerate the high, low and differential temperatures, fragile, flammable, can not be repainted.
- Articles of plaster is a classic. Gypsum is a quality, environmentally friendly natural material.
sculpted plaster moldings made by individual items manually.Due to the high ductility of gypsum it is possible to make of it the most intricate designs.
- plinth ceiling, the types of finishing details of this plaster moldings are not perceived as a technical element, but as an artistic pattern of individual design.
often plaster moldings are executed by masters of individual sketches, see the photo.The author's works are found fillet made of ceramics.
- disadvantage of such products in a large weight and fragility during installation.
- Fixing is made on plaster, gypsum and plaster mixture.
Wooden ceiling plinths
Wooden baguette is safely possible to determine the detachment of classic products.Demand ceiling cornices, as the construction of wood and hardwood timber, and even exotic (for example, ceiling moldings made of bamboo in the conservatory).
as a separate element of design, look favorably carved plinths made of precious wood in a log cabin.They are used for decoration of artistic compositions, performed on the ceiling.
- These types of ceiling moldings as wood in modern construction there, mostly when the tree is decorated ceiling (attic, sauna).
- Wooden skirting different ecological purity, strength and durability.Easy to install and operate and resistant to damage.
For reference of the drawbacks: no plastic, often need to be treated with ultraviolet light and antiseptic.
when paired with the mounting tension ceiling there is a risk to damage the fabric.The connection is performed on metal or wooden nails, screws or glue.
- Types ceiling plinths differ not only in material production.When selecting and installing no less important to consider the size, color and relief ceiling cornices.
- width of the ceiling moldings depends on the size and height of the room.Another factor in the choice of the width of the ceiling cornice is the target destination of the room.The width of the cornice
affect the visual perception of space.Wide skirting visually reduce the height of the ceiling, bring it, make the room smaller.
narrow, on the contrary, visually postpone the ceiling, and the room seem taller and more.
- Color ceiling moldings, species of which are usually matched in color flow, or combined with the walls.Not ruled out a neutral color that emphasizes the ceiling.
Tip: Not recommended for baguette contrasting colors.Optical is the "snatch" from the ceiling of the interior, comfort destroy the room.
Relief ceiling moldings are better suited to the monotonous smooth walls .To the surface with an ornament or a smooth pattern suitable plinth.
also apply backlit ceiling cornices.In heat-set ceiling skirting heating.
- Based on the fact that the standard length of the skirting-line is two meters, calculated as the number of ceiling materials.Sum of lengths of all the walls of the room is divided into two.
resulting amount is rounded to the nearest whole number pair.It is recommended to purchase the fillet with a reserve, in case of breakage or defects in work.
- By shear end it is clear that the plinth is not symmetric.The wide part of the cornice mounted to the wall, narrow adjacent to the ceiling.
- is advisable to start the installation of ceiling moldings, as can be seen from the video, with external and internal angles of slopes.Then proceed with the installation on straight sections coupling the ceiling and walls.
- When installing ceiling moldings in a rectangular room, you need a plinth sawing at an angle of 45 degrees on the slopes and in the corners of mating walls.Using the miter box, a painting knife or hacksaw blade with a fine tooth, made desperately butt ceiling moldings at an angle.
- requires careful when choosing a corner has washed down.On the slope of the fillet is cut back, cut off the front corner.
During the operation, the baseboard must be evenly and firmly held in a miter box, with a narrow piece of baguette (adjacent to the ceiling) must face the bottom of the wort.After cutting corners skirting cut to length.
Tip: Final adjustment of slopes and angles made by a small fraction of sandpaper.
- can do without the "jewelry" works by using special corner elements for ceiling cornices, which are inserted into the baseboard.
- Mounting ceiling moldings made on smooth, dry, clean and primed the walls and ceiling.The installation should begin with the angles and slopes.
on the back of the plinth, with assembly pistols, a thin layer of glue is applied.
- If possible, avoid getting glue on the edges of facial, all kinds of skirting ceiling firmly but gently pressed to the appointed place on time, which determines the instruction.
excess glue removed dry, clean cloth to dry.When mounting a baguette is logical to use an adhesive recommended by the manufacturer.
- After drying glue all joints, gaps and cracks with assembly pistols, filled with white acrylic sealant.Surplus sealant is removed with a rubber spatula and the foam sponge.
- not measurable color sealants based on silicone is not recommended.To proceed further finishing after drying sealant.
Other decorative moldings such as wood moldings and PVC borders, mechanically fastened to the walls.Using a punch to anchor nails 6 x 40 mm and a pitch of 30-50 cm.
or screws, if the wall is made of plasterboard or wood.When mounting parts or plaster moldings of polystyrene safer and better use of plaster with the addition of a mixture of white glue.