moldings - is not just interior decoration, but also a great way to hide defects and irregularities at the junction between the ceiling and the wall.Maybe someone does not see how to choose the ceiling moldings, nothing complicated, but if you do repair their own hands for the first time, it is best to listen to the advice of knowledgeable people.
main selection criteria plinth - this is the material from which it is made, its color and shape.Skirting Ceiling how to choose: a few tips.
choice of material
Species ceiling moldings of this parameter bit - foam, wood and penopolisterolovye.Each material has its advantages and disadvantages.
- If your goal - is to find an inexpensive material that is not strongly pull the family budget, the foam skirting boards - this is what you need!
second advantage of using this type of skirting - the ease of installation and cutting corners plinth, for simple enough to have a sharp knife.But the price and ease of operation - it is perhaps all the advantages of foam moldings.
- One of the most dangerous shortcomings of foam - a fire hazard, moreover, that the foam is easy to ignite, so he thus liberates very toxic smoke which is dangerous even more than carbon dioxide.Another disadvantage of these moldings is their fragility.
Conclusion: The material is cheap, but short-lived.
Before you select ceiling moldings of this material should be familiar with its properties. polystyrene - a younger, more modern brother foam having improved quality and, consequently, the cost is slightly higher.
- Extruded polystyrene foam, which is made of ceiling moldings or cornices, unlike the foam does not burn or melt, releasing toxic gas.But the influence it an open fire, is still not recommended.
- Just like foam, polystyrene foam is easily cut and mounted , only random traffic it is unlikely to break, it is impossible even to crumple in your hand.
- cost of these plinths higher than foam, but not so high as to make the purchase is not available for the average Russian.
This kind of skirting the most expensive, but compared with synthetic materials with natural wood, I think, not worth it.
Any room where the ceiling used wooden plinth, will look more solid and richer.But in addition to aesthetics, the wood ceiling moldings have many advantages.
- Choice ceiling moldings made of wood depends not only on the tastes of the buyer, but also on the thickness of his wallet.The cost of a plinth made of pine, spruce or aspen is much lower than the cost of the elite skirting trees, such as oak, ash or mahogany.
- Before you select ceiling moldings made of wood, you should know that wood processing (cutting or sawing) is much more complicated than foam or polystyrene foam. then just a sharp knife can not do, in addition you need at least miter box and saw for metal.
- Choosing plinth ceiling of wood - is likely to guarantee that you will have to hire a professional, able to work with wood.
- In addition, the tree - a natural material, so be prepared for the fact that soon it can start to rot, shrivel, and will be a wonderful home to a variety of insects and mold.Exit - regular antiseptic, and, consequently, additional expenditure of money and labor.
- Fastening wooden ceiling moldings requires special fasteners, glue or filler here can not do.
How to choose the width of the plinth ceiling
range width of the proposed building shops ceiling moldings is very wide.Starting from one end and twenty centimeters.
How to choose the width of the ceiling moldings?
Here we must proceed from several reasons:
- If you want to visually smooth the corners of the room and make it more relaxed, if, for example, children or bedroom (sm.Oformlenie flow in the bedroom - making festive), the betterchoose a plinth.The room will be visually round, it has beneficial effects on the psyche;
- The more defects and irregularities angles (joints of the ceiling to the wall), the greater the need to choose a plinth, it will make them as invisible;
- wide baseboard will hide the junction of the ceiling to the wall;
- If the ceiling in the room are low, it is best to select a narrow plinth: the wider the skirting board, the less room visually.
Tip!Why Soviet Khrushchev and so little corridors create the effect of a matchbox?Because then it was decided to make a mezzanine, which cut the visual space to a minimum.
Do not make the mistakes of their parents and grandparents!
How plinth ceiling choose Khrushchev - do not try to choose the plinth 45 mm wider, optimal - 30-40 mm.
Tip!Color plinth, if possible, should be the same color of the ceiling, or at least to approach him in tone.
This parameter is how to choose a plinth ceiling?
Everything is simple, here's a little guide to help you make the right choice:
- For rooms with a low ceiling and a large space for lovers of the best selection of colors - a white that visually increases the space;
- If you choose a plinth, which is similar in tone and wallpaper, be prepared for the fact that the room will be visually less;
- choose wallpaper, baseboards and ceiling tile (ceiling) of different colors - a bad idea, the room will look clumsy, that is bad for the psyche;
Selecting the color of the wood skirting obligation to pick up items in accordance tone interior.White and black plinth can be combined with other colors, the main thing that it looked natural.
choice of form
How to choose a ceiling moldings in the form - it is, for the most part, scope for your imagination and ingenuity.You can see the photo look like skirting some form in the interior.
thing to remember is that the more complex terrain and figure, the more difficult to take care of such a plinth, in the lines of deposited dust, remove that, sometimes, it is impossible, so you have to paint the baseboard.
Skirting Ceiling how to choose - your business, the choice is very wide.
Too artsy pattern or shape requires to create interior and atmosphere, suitable to him.But to work with plinths, having a complex pattern hard, you need to adjust the angles very carefully.
Ceiling skirting How to choose?Very easy, much easier than krepitm what you can read on our website.