Having decided to make repairs in your home, apartment or complete the finishing work in the new housing, all of us think about how best to implement this very final and responsible part.
Basic rules for the selection and installation
In our today's article we will discuss one of the types of false ceilings - rack.
All undeniable advantages
addition to a general review, we will introduce you to how correctly are assembled suspended ceilings, equipment and installation procedure.
Suspended ceilings are attractive, they are durable and are made of non-combustible material .
As we said earlier, the ceiling rack is a type of suspended ceiling.It can help you align the existing ceiling and give it a nice memorable view.
addition, in terms of installation it is the simplest of all existing suspended ceilings.Therefore, this structure is quite easy to build yourself (sm.Plastikovy rack ceiling - installation of their own hands).
Features space - make the right choice cei
But before proceeding with the installation, it is necessary to select and purchase.
making a choice for your space is important to know some of the nuances.
There suspended ceilings closed and open and open with inserts:
- Open type is different in that after mounting between the individual panels is still a gap of 10 - 15 mm.
- It follows that such a structure is not suitable for rooms with low ceilings.
- Visible gaps detract from the appearance of the coating.
Our reference - open ceiling mounted in rooms with a minimum height of 5 m. With a height clearances are hardly visible and do not affect the appearance of the ceiling coverings.
- Closed type is a device slatted panels that have a kind of edge, closing the small gap between the panels.
- Open type with inserts mounted as everyone else.At the same time after the installation there is a gap between the panels 10 - 20 mm, subsequently closed by special inserts.
As you can see, making a choice, you should consider not only the colors, but also the type of panels for each individual room.
With a choice understood, I want to say a few words about the possibility of installation.
Like any other, the coating can be mounted on almost any height and distance from the main perekrytiya.Esli you will need to significantly reduce the height, you can use for this special extension, adjustable suspensions.
What more remarkable given ceiling can be mounted almost flush with the existing, and the gap is less than 40 mm, in other words, no more than the thickness of the tire.
makes mounting their own hands
Let's assemble a design in the bathroom (sm.Reechny bathroom ceiling with his hands - how to do).To this end we take a panel of aluminum.The bathroom humidity, so the use of this material is justified in terms of durability and reliability.
height - an important component
issue with the material panels, we decided, but we have one more question, away from the main to our rack ceiling.Why is this issue so important?
fact that though we were told that the installation can be performed almost up against the current, but there is one little nuance - lighting (sm.Svetilniki for suspended ceilings - how to do?).
- After all, if we want to install spotlights, and the gap between the floor and our structure will be only 40 mm, it is clear that the lights can not be installed.
- Therefore, this issue must be solved in the beginning, too.
- course, there are spotlights that can be installed under the given size, but they may not suit you style.
issue resolved, materials and supplies purchased, it is necessary to prepare the instrument.
- Drill - Hammer
- Construction roulette
- Building level
- Shears for metal
- Carpenter knife
overlap - it is important to know the time and perform
installation should begin with a careful study of the existing overlap.Typically, in panel houses the main floor is poor.
Sometimes individual angles are much lower than the main part.This "disease" affects home series 1-507.In simple language this five-storey panel home.
If the first house in this series had a relatively good layout and good quality, in the later period of 70th.the last century, the number of wins quality.
Why are we touched on this subject?
fact that imagine such a situation:
- you measured out in one corner of the distance down the wall and made a mark 80 mm intending to establish further spotlights 70 mm high.
- Then using the level and range, around the perimeter to draw the line.
- Installed corner profiles.
- Installed tire and attached panel.
- But here you encounter a problem on the one hand the distance between the ground and the ceiling mounted only 45 mm instead of the required 80 mm.
's all about the irregularities basic ceiling.To avoid these problems, it is necessary to examine the existing ceiling and find the lowest point of his.
Step One - perform measurements
As we have said, are usually problems arise in the corners, but it is not necessary to focus on this and you should check the entire area, including the central chast.VypolnitThis is possible using a water level.
This level so good that it can easily determine the lowest point and accurately transfer it to the wall, regardless of its location, including downtown.So
- point is picked, transferred it to the nearest wall and a marker to make notes.
- Then using a ruler, building level and a marker, draw a wall around the perimeter line.This will be a new level of our ceiling.If done correctly, the start and end point of the line should match.
- If this happens, you are on the right track, if not, the line will have to redo it.In this case, pay special attention to the correct installation of the building level.
- If the second time point do not match, it could be a faulty level is, unfortunately, common.The level needs to be replaced.
It is the turn of the angular profile installation:
- Prepare a profile according to your desired length.
- To do this, measure the length of the line on one wall and cut the appropriate preparation.
Sometimes, there are profiles of the mounting holes, sometimes not.
If the holes are not, they must be drilled:
- Stand back from the edge of the profile 50 mm and make a mark marker.
- further marks placed every 400 - 450 mm.The most important thing to the other side of the mark, too, was at a distance of 40 - 50 mm from the edge.
- diameter of the holes must match your existing self-tapping screws fixing.
holes ready.Mark marker profile to know exactly for which he designed the wall.
Thus, prepare profiles for the remaining walls.
- Attach to the line on the wall corresponding to the profile, and the marker through the existing hole, make a mark on the wall.
- Using a hammer or a drill, depending on the material of the walls, drill holes at the markings. diameter of the holes must match your existing anchors.
- With the help of screws and dowels must be attached to the walls of the profile.The profile has the mark of belonging to this or that wall, and problems with it not occur.
Our advice - clipping profile, do it in a way that the end was cut at an angle of 45 degrees.So join the individual sections of the walls is very convenient.
Now it is the turn of the rails.Tires mounted transverse position strip ceiling panels.
- at establishing the profile necessary to make the layout of the rails.
- taken from the edge of 300 - 400 mm, and annotation.
- further marks placed every 800 - 1000 mm. most important thing in this case is that at the other end of the profile was also noted in the 300 - 400 mm from the wall.
- The profile is placed on the opposite wall, follow a similar mark.
Our information - DIN rail (stringer) is a toothed rack, which actually established the panel.
Pendants - marking and installation
tires mounted on the suspensions. The best option in this case are adjustable suspensions. Using them, you can freely adjust the ceiling panels so that they are well fit with the angular profile without gaps.
- On the ceiling is necessary to make a mark at fixing hangers.
- Suspensions are located at a distance of 300 - 400 mm from the wall and 800 - 1000 mm apart.
- If the room is narrow, which is usually the bathroom of the standard panel house, enough to install two hanging on the stringer.You can certainly use one, but we do not advise you in order to secure the assembly.
- Drill holes in the ceiling and with dowels and screws set suspensions.
If you are installing the ceiling produced very close to the existing overlap in such a case, the stringer can be attached with screws to the most directly overlap.But again, it's only when you install a ceiling butt and do not doubt it horizontally.It is best to play it safe and use the hangers.
- Cut off the bus at desired size.
- tire should be installed so that between it and the profile, mounted on a wall, there is a gap of 10 mm.
All tires fitted.If you used the adjustable suspensions, check the position of the tire with the help of the level and range.They should be strictly horizontal and parallel relative to each other along axes X, Y, Z.
Otherwise you get is not quite smooth coating.
Installation of panels
Now you need to measure and cut the panels:
- To do this, measure the distance between the walls, which are located across the axis of the stringers.From the resulting distance subtract 5 mm.As a result, both ends of the wall panels and will have a gap of 2.5 mm.
- marker draw a line cut on the inside of the panel.
- must be done through the notch situated on the flat side.To do this a few times with a knife swipe across the line.
- tin snips clipped curved corners, and then flexing the panel at the notch, remove any excess.
- panel is placed over the profile and slight pressure to snap stringers.
Important - you must handle the panels carefully.Random scratches and deflections subsequently can not be fixed and they spoil the look of the entire ceiling.
- thus set the rest of the panel.
last panel - especially mounted
When the installation will be the turn of the last panel, it is unlikely to coincide exactly with the existing size of the room.
It must be cut not only across, but also along:
- First, trim the length of it as previously mentioned.
- Next, measure the width you need, trimmed side must lie on the profile.According obtained
- sizes draw a line on the inner side along the entire length of the panel.
- Attach the line to the line and draw on it with a knife, so we get the necessary notch.
bend and straighten a long bar is not very convenient, especially if the work is done alone, so proceed as follows:
- Make the profile along the entire length cuts with scissors for metal.
- incisions should be placed at a distance of 200 - 300 mm parallel to each other.
- Perform incisions should be unnecessary to our side.
- flexing produced parts, break off the excess.
is important - if you want to cut the panel along the length of a pair of scissors on metal, it can lead to the fact that the panel is deformed.
- Install the last panel.
Assembly scheme involves the installation of a ceiling rack inserts.If your ceiling, they are, it's time to install them.Make is not difficult, and the operation does not need additional instructions.
Fixtures - how to mount correctly
assembly and installation of suspended ceilings with installation fixtures must be carried out simultaneously.
If your plan you will need to install spotlights.
proceed as follows:
- After installing stringers, install wiring.
- Before installing the panel, which is supposed to install spotlights, do it in a hole under it.
- holes can be done with a drill and a crown of appropriate size .
Our reference - crown - head to drill milling type.Used to perform large diameter holes.
If the nozzle is not doing so:
- Draw a circle inside of the panel your desired diameter.
- Divide the circle into segments.
- In the center make a hole into which you can insert the cutting of the scissors and make cuts.
- Through circle swipe knife flexing segments, Break off the unwanted parts.
- Each time carrying out inspection efficiency lamp installed.Possible problems easier to resolve once, than after completion of installation.
ceiling is ready, you can admire them.Considering
videos and photos suspended ceilings on our website, you can choose a design suitable for your space and satisfying your taste.