Increased in recent years the popularity of false ceilings contributed to the fact that this way of finishing strongly taken place not only in offices and public buildings, but also in residential areas.And not only in their originality and beauty - in multi-storey buildings there is always a likelihood that the ceiling could be affected by flooding.
on a white surface appear unsightly yellow stains, peeling layer of whitewash, damp plaster falls off.And there is no guarantee that after repairs entire saga will not start again.
So we want to tell you what options the ceiling can be used in an apartment, considering the functionality of the premises.And go from simple budget options to more complex and expensive.
Understanding hinged designs
The name they have acquired through the frame, which is attached to the surface of the decorating, it seems to be "hanging" under the base ceiling. on the type of finish and design complexity of the ceiling will depend
Most often it is made from pieces of wood or metal profile of aluminum.Wooden frames apply only to certain types of suspended ceilings, such as plastic, wood, acrylic, MDF panels.
In all other cases, the framework must be metal.When the suspension system is purchased complete from the manufacturer, they may be offered the option of stainless steel.Naturally, the cost of the starting material, and depends on the price of the entire set.
- methods of fastening the frame to overlap virtually the same - as the fasteners used dowels and screws. Guide profiles are mounted to the joists with a certain step, which will depend on the size of the module.
- usually decorative surface of the ceiling is a finished look, and does not require further finishing.The only exception is the drywall.
This can be attributed to its cons, but there is a plus - this diversity of forms is simply impossible to create using the modules of regular geometric shape.
- inner space hinged design is used for a lighting device, ventilation, hide the wires, all kinds of sensors and video surveillance.
- If necessary, additional heat and sound insulation, the gap between the base and the ceiling decorative materials can be mounted to ensure that these requirements.
variety of options
In retail, there are a large number of such goods.Which has its differences.
Make a ceiling quite simple and, moreover, cheap.That's why plastic is so popular.
Because he is not afraid of water and ultraviolet light, the plastic ceiling in the apartment is used mainly in kitchens, bathrooms, hallways and loggias.Moreover, this material is not only sheathe ceilings and walls.
In the photo above, the plastic panels finished with the whole hall.With a little imagination, you can combine them to the width and texture, covering the joints contrasting color moldings and glazing beads, as in this case.
In the living room, this synthetic material is used.And who said that the ceilings in all the rooms must be the same?
MDF and wood
- MDF can also be attributed to a low-cost finishing options, it is a type of particle board, made from wood chips - just the other pressing technology.
- MDF also sheathe the walls and ceilings, but more often it happens auxiliary rooms (not bathrooms).
- fact that the surface of these panels looks quite monotonous.The choice of colors is small, so use them to create a beautiful interior is quite difficult.Rather, it will remind some office.
- quite another thing when used small square modules of MDF, and even with inserts made of acrylic glass.It's very beautiful, and deserves to be in the living room or any other room.
However, the cost of the ceiling immediately change in a big way.
- MDF make modules with a deep shaped recess, in this case, a surface of the ceiling caisson type.Of course, the natural wood panels also produce similar, but its high cost makes such a finish is not available to the general public.
- Budget precisely such a ceiling can not be called, but in fact quite a few people who could well afford it.Coffered ceiling always looks expensive and ornate, and is suitable for finishing the study, living room, dining room.
Stretch ceilings can also be attributed to the category of suspended structures - they differ only in the way the decorative surface mounted on the frame.PVC fabric has a huge range of colors and textures that can be combined and pull in different planes to obtain original designs.
- Because stretch film is not afraid of moisture, such ceilings are doing in all areas, including in the bathroom.During flooding, the water will delay the fabric, keeping the integrity of your property, but drain it yourself, you can not - will have to call the experts.
- There is a risk to damage the PVC film mechanically, accidentally pierced with a sharp object.Therefore, such ceilings should not do in areas without sufficient height.
This kind of ceiling structure can be called for today's most popular, despite some difficulties in creating forms and the need for finishing .Gipsokartonnye sheets are not expensive material and is quite expensive for most citizens.
This ceiling will cost no more expensive than traditional alignment.
- Make plasterboard false ceilings in the apartment can be developed for each room your own design.The only condition - in the bathroom need to use a moisture-proof sheets (gypsum plasterboard), or choose another type of finish.
- design false ceiling of plasterboard can be as simple single-level, which can be done by hand, so complex, in several planes.
- Creating curved shapes will help beat the wrong geometry of the room.This design can fit into any room, but would allow its height.
- mounted and plastered surface can be decorated on your own - painted in any color, use plaster moldings, and to invite the artist to paint the ceiling.
- We can not say that the inside of drywall constructions can be used all kinds of highlights - neon cord, LED tape, fluorescent tubes, various types of lamps.Gypsum is absolutely non-flammable, so worry about the ignition of the ceiling is not necessary.
designers sometimes combine not just two textures or colors of one type of material, and a completely different material.About wooden units with glass, we have already mentioned.
As you can see, you can embed a stained glass window in the monotonous surface of the board-lining.The appearance of the room at the same time immediately transformed and stained glass lighting design makes them alive.
obtained very interesting combination with the stretched canvas.Through its aerodynamics, you can write in drywall construction, and wood.
a creative ceiling looks modern and compact.Combined ceilings are individually and you can be sure that another of the interior will not be none.
Tree - a general-purpose material, it will beautify any design.To reduce the cost of such repairs, instead of wood, can be used laminated polyurethane moldings, raised-beams of different shapes (sm.Nestandartnye idea: how to beat the beams on the ceiling).
In combination with a wooden texture stretch PVC film turns chic interior.Properly chosen lighting only accentuate his personality.
All this beauty is designed for premises.As for the bathrooms, the rooms in these specific priorities.
ceilings for bathrooms
About plastic ceilings we have already mentioned in this article.More respectable and durable option for a bathroom aluminum ceiling.
for its installation can use the elements in the form of rail, panel or square cassette:
- aluminum ceiling water resistance and durable, easy to care for. Rack and cluster systems are sold complete with attached assembly instructions.
If you want to install it yourself, you will help the video, which is the official website of any producer.
- coffered ceiling can be not only metal, but glass, mirror.They are also sold in sets and can perfectly fit not only in the bathroom, and the kitchen.
- Acrylic glass is a natural alternative to glass. It looks no worse, and has its own advantages - weighs much less and significantly reduces the cost of construction.
Moreover, such a ceiling can be done in any room: in whole, or as a decorating element.
We tried to tell you about all the main versions of false ceilings that can be created in your home.The choice is up to you - most importantly, that it was done well.