Since building a new home, or start a repair to the old, everyone wants to make the interior so that it looks cozy, original and tasteful.In this case, it is unlikely someone will arrange a traditional painted ceilings.The vast majority of homeowners
now decides to make them hanging.But so many options, how to choose?
We'll tell you about what is acrylic ceiling, and what the benefits of this design has.And, who knows, maybe it is your choice falls on it ...
What is it
His name was on the ceiling of acrylic glass, which is used as a decorative coating. Plexiglas can be transparent, opaque or patterned, and take the form of a rectangular or square panels of the cassette.So
- These modules are good not only for interior decoration, but also to increase the visual volume of the room.Due to its transparency, acrylic glass diffuses the light and allows you to place lamps hanging over the surface.
- In general, it has all the properties of natural stainedglass, but its price is much lower.This makes it possible to take advantage of the broad masses of the population offers producers of this remarkable material.
And apparently ceiling acrylic glass will look just as good.
- Suspended ceiling Acrylic look equally good in the living room and in the office. To achieve the aesthetic effect of the texture of the panels can be combined with each other, and make modules using several different materials.
- example: plexiglass great fit in drywall constructions.Also produces wood panels with frosted or colored glazing.
this design looks very interesting: rich and respectable.
- acrylic glass is absolutely harmless to human health.It is much lighter and stronger than conventional glass, which means that its installation is made easier.
frame for such ceilings often made of aluminum, sometimes stainless steel.
- If a decorative surface of the tree is present, the frame can also be made from this material - especially if the device is made of the ceiling in a wooden house.The effect of stained glass is achieved by labels on the glass surface of the film with a pattern, as in the photo.
- drawing on Plexiglas can, as in the case of a natural glass, sand-blasted applied.There are individual design development, which, of course, affect the cost of construction in general.
- wide range of colors allows you to create glass pendant acrylic ceiling with unusual light effects, especially in combination with glass inserts.Thanks to the water resistance of the material, such a structure can be set not only in the hallway or the bedroom, but also in the bathroom.
Ceilings acrylic, as well as the rack, sold in kit from the manufacturer.It is very convenient if pattern on the glass should be docked when installing the fragments to obtain the finished drawing.
carcass method is not particularly different from other kinds of suspended structures, the kit must be attached instructions, with which you can collect the ceiling with his hands.
If such work you will perform for the first time, watch the video on the subject.The frame is mounted in the guide profiles of T-shaped cross-section, with a step size appropriate module.
Do this after all electrical wiring and fixtures left under the conclusions, and supporting structures marked with guides.When the frame is mounted, acrylic panels are simply placed into each section.
If lighting will be hidden inside the ceiling space, they are mounted immediately before laying tapes.Outdoor lighting and chandeliers hang in the least (see: How do hang a ceiling chandelier - what should and should not do).
Make holes and cut acrylic glass will have to yourself.Manufacturer offering ceiling complete, can not foresee how much will you have lamps and the size of the holes will be needed.
- closed glass surface film, which does not need to take off until the installation work. It does not hurt, and when cutting holes.
If for some reason there is no protection on the glass, it should be used instead of the improvised material - cloth or even food cellophane tape.
- So, before you start cutting, you need a pencil outline the score line.Having direct or curved incision on the tape should be pressure, broke off parts department.
This work is carried out as well as the cutting of tiles or normal glass.
- round hole can be cut using a circular saw, a drill outlining its center.To use a drill hole Plexiglas double angle (60 ° - 90 °).
only it will help to avoid chipping around the hole.
- When drilling glass the thickness of five millimeters so that it is not cracked, it is necessary to use a cooling lubricant-emulsion.For any thin sheet sufficiently solid and smooth pads.
- If you want to saw a large sheet, any suitable finely toothed saw, hacksaw or jigsaw .If a break has turned out not very accurate, the edges are ground loops, or fine sandpaper.
than favorably acrylic ceiling by, for example, the ceiling of plasterboard - it is not required after the assembly no additional treatment in the form of fillers and coloring.They then have the installation finished appearance and make the room very bright, even without additional highlights.
serve such a design would be indefinitely.Removable modules provide access to the interior lighting and wiring.
They are easy to remove, wash and replace - it needs a stepladder.