Wooden houses, despite the seeming old-fashioned, today acquired a second birth.This is not surprising, in a wooden house creates a special atmosphere of harmony and tranquility.
Features hardwood floors
Despite the fact that the entire main structure is made of wood, interior decoration of houses can be made in very different styles, from rustic to ultra-modern.
In today's article, we will look at that from a wooden house to do the ceiling, based on your tastes and preferences.Consider issues related to sound insulation covering the ceiling.
Beams - base overlap
ceiling wooden house - it is primarily joists.Therefore, we will begin our review it with them.
Unlike houses with concrete ceiling, wooden beams provide a wide range of room for maneuver in terms of the ceiling device.They are easy to fix virtually any coating, and if desired, can be used not only as load-bearing elements, but also as decorative elements, emphasizing and ennobling the entire inter
Easy commits to the correct device
why we raised this issue now?The fact that having a joist is not enough just to fix them selected cover.
also necessary to perform a number of works on sound and thermal insulation of the ceiling.
Perform these operations in several ways, it all depends on the style and type of end-ceiling windows that you wish to receive.
style dictates device
After all, if you are planning to arrange the ceiling of modern style, you can sheathe sheets of drywall (plasterboard ceiling sm.Obshivka with their hands), and then perform the finish.In this case, the beams will be located inside the overlap and all of the other components will be placed accordingly.
But if you can plan a ceiling in a cottage ages 18-19, in which case all its components, visible and invisible, will be located quite differently. So before the start to work you must firmly resolve with the basic design.
Setting up a high-quality soundproofing wooden floors
issue resolved, but still remains the question of how to soundproof the ceiling in a wooden house.
- tree is very good conductor of sound.Wooden ceilings in the house is also not an exception.
- sound propagating through them can make life unbearable and deprive you of good rest.
- sound propagation is also affected used furniture and other interior elements, but that's a topic for another conversation entirely.
Noise - peace and quiet
Noise ceiling in a wooden house is the most important element, and the end result of a quality which at first glance is not noticeable, but nonetheless is a fundamental guarantee of comfort and coziness .Nemnogie know how to docorrect overlap in a wooden house.
Mineral wool - a wrong decision
main error in device floors of a wooden house is use as a sound insulator mineral wool.So
- Mineral wool is not a good sound absorber.
- Its use is not advisable in floors between dwellings.With aging, mineral wool can release micro-particles that can enter the human respiratory system.
- addition, if improperly installing floors, the floor begins to shake, resulting in not comfortable when staying in a wooden house.
overlap - you want to know
about how to avoid all these troubles and how to properly shut off and the ceiling in a wooden house, and we want to tell in this state.Potolki for wooden houses are arranged in different ways, it all depends onthe particular situation and purpose.
But most people are interested in the device overlap is two storey domah.Interes understandable, because the ceiling of the first floor is also the floor of the second floor and all movements and sounds can be heard well in several rooms.Therefore
ceilings of wooden houses, and even more so if it is a two storey house, to be performed correctly and competently.
choose the right beams and joists
Proper installation is when the overlap will be a lattice structure.
Thus, for example, the longitudinal beams have a square cross section and rectangular cross:
- This ensures absolute strength overlap while saving the material.
- If the beam will have a square cross-section size of 200x200 mm , the rectangular beam can be 150H50.We think the basic principle is clear.
- usually square beams similar to the beams, which are composed of the walls of the house, the rectangular beam must also be of the well dried planed timber.
- This overlap, even without the skin, does not bend and can withstand the weight of impressive.
Errors device overlap
- The most common mistake when a device floors in a wooden house with his own hands, it saves on joists and no lattice structure described above.
- If we go by this overlap, you can feel a slight tremor.At home insulation is reflected very negatively.
Noise - solution
And of course the main problem storey wooden houses is soundproofing.Nowadays this problem is solved by setting different, by and large heat-insulating materials.
Of course, the modern market is rich with a variety of new products designed to facilitate our lives, but we should not forget the experience of the past.Sometimes this experience is invaluable and tested for centuries, the best recommendation does not want.
As is known in the old days, when there was no concrete floors, all the ceilings, whether wooden or brick houses, arranged in a tree.The inner space overlaps wakes sand, sand mixed with clay, dry leaves mixed with sand.
I must say it was a perfect sound insulation.
Sand - how it works
- principle is clear, all the above is the consistency of heavy structure.
- sound is known well distributed in the empty space and subsides when passing through a certain mass.
- Sand in this case is an excellent material delaying sound.
We understand that anyone can doubt our words, so consider it our duty to explain in more detail the principle.
Nothing supernatural - the usual laws of physics
Take a handful of sand in his hand, you see a heavy and at the same time a free-flowing strukturu.Predstavim that the sound starts to work on the sand, you can gently shake the hand, what happens?
sand starts to move, swell and fall.
How does this relate to our question:
- fact that the sound energy is, trying to get through the sand, extinguished by weakening.
- After all, the laws of physics it is clear that all the energy goes to the sound moving sand that Opal after the sound stopped.
- Acoustic energy is turned into mechanical.Roughly speaking, the sound is stuck in the sand.
Our information - sound energy going into mechanical energy sand is converted into thermal energy.The temperature of the sand to rise, not much, only some thousandths of a degree.The laws of physics.
Installing beams and lag
We have a house and we need to make a proper overlap. As previously mentioned, the main floor beams have a square cross section and arranged at a distance of 500 - 1000 mm apart.
It all depends on the size of the opening.
- next step is to put cross-lags.They have have a rectangular cross-section.
Set lags well
- Transverse logs are placed on top of the longitudinal beams, the distance from each other is 300 - 500 mm.
- In cross joists need to make grooves of such size that they were lower longitudinal beams. groove depth is not to exceed 1/4 of the cross section of the rectangular beam.
- Puts upper joists and fasten them with screws.
- In the future they will be laid floor of the second floor.
Basis for sand - Vol
Now you need to hem the ceiling below.In this case, the question immediately arises of what to do filing?
At first glance a simple question poses a few problems.We need to get a solid foundation on which to lay the sand.
can certainly make the filing of the boards, but it does get quite tedious and hard work.So
- Having a lattice support structure will have to perform a lot of manipulation of measurements, cutting boards and mounting hardware.
- This qualitative fasteners implies that it will be done by screws instead of nails.A cheap price for them, and the result is much higher.
So the question than to hem a ceiling, do not sound so idle.
Our advice - we recommend that you use plywood.By making measurements, it is fairly easy to cut out and cut.
Plywood is available and not very expensive.But of course what you decide to do filing, it does not matter.
- With wood screws to fasten the bottom to beams sheets of plywood 22 mm thick. plywood thick enough to withstand the weight of the sand is free.
- This plywood (plywood ceiling sm.Otdelka: for a country house and not only) is located between the longitudinal beams and joists attached to the cross at the bottom.
Below are visible only to the longitudinal beams.
Our reference - when working on wood, use screws specifically for this purpose.
important - plywood 22 mm thick, free to stand up a lot of sand in the 70 - 80 kg per m2.
Completion of insulation
If you look at this overlap from above, you will see a sinus formed, in which the sand and should fall asleep.
- sand poured thick 50 - 60 mm and carefully leveled.
But first you must isolate the board from the sand.
For this fit any dense film:
- film should be thick while plastic to wrap around all the corners good interior space overlap .
- Junctions necessarily the individual parts of the film glue tape.
Now you can safely fill the sand into the sinuses.
This guide provides a high-quality and durable ceiling, and most importantly, it will have a good sound insulation.
The result was a sort of cake from a variety of backgrounds and this is only the overlap.
Vapor - the selection and correct installation
At this overlap is possible to arrange any ceiling.What do the ceiling in a wooden house that's your decision, and we want to talk about this.
Vapor - necessary protection
Any house has a roof.It protects the entire structure from rain and snow, wooden house is no exception, moisture is one of the main enemies of wooden structures.
But the water can hurt your home not only from above, but from within.Steam generated by human activity, is able to settle on the wooden structures in the form of condensate, and the condensate is the same moisture.
Whether you will arrange false ceilings in a wooden house, or any other, in some cases you will need to install paroizolyatsii.Dlya adjoining rooms with different temperature conditions, this is an important need.
Vapor - choice and installation rules
First, you need to choose a vapor barrier.The modern market offers a list of all the material and it usually consists of a plastic film.Apart from him, there is a steam of reflective material.
Both type copes with its task.The most common paroizolyatorom
a film.Its installation requires a certain tension.
is important to remember when you install the vapor barrier film, it is necessary to leave the ventilation gap.You ask why?
film material and a vapor condensation on it.To condensate dries quickly and there are air gaps.Remember that.
smooth or rough?- How
Commercially available film has two different sides, with one side smooth and the other rough.
first confronted with it, including when ceilings are arranged in wooden houses, people are wondering - what side of where to install the vapor barrier film this?Some place it completely wrong.
Nothing complicated about it, the rough side should be located outside.Formed from steam condensate is delayed on the rough side and then dries up.
This is the case when the steam generation is possible only from one side.But then many people might ask - and what to do if there is a possibility of condensation on both sides?
Install film into two layers, with the smooth side should be placed in the middle of each other, and the rough outside.
What, how, why?- We will help
wooden ceiling in the house arranged according to the rules will serve faithfully for many years, therefore falls within its device with full responsibility Referring to finish it than cover you decide for yourself, especially on our pages there are numerous descriptionsdecorative finish ceilings of varying complexity and devices, including a lot of good video and photo.
If you have a variety of questions, how to make high-quality, reliable and beautiful ceiling in your home, we are always happy to help you with tips and recommendations.
Just on our website you can learn about how to make a rack ceiling with his hands.