almost all old houses are very low ceilings.Especially this sin houses built in the last century.The lack of building materials available for sale affected the private construction of the past.
low ceilings - the reasons
Seiling in a wooden house at the time was small, but over time the situation has only worsened due to subsidence.Many sometimes faced with the fact that modern doors and furniture can not be installed in such buildings without cutting.
But the low ceiling in a wooden house is not a mandatory feature of old-age home.There are times when, and with brand new houses there are such metamorphosis.Considering
video or photo design completely new houses, you can see the low sagging ceilings.
Why it happens:
- When building a house payment ceiling height should be 2400 mm.
- After the construction is that the actual height has already become 2100 mm .All due to the fact that mistakeswere made in the calculation does not take into account the thickness of the ceiling beams, flooring, etc.
- sometimes simply due to the negligence of the unit there are such incidents.
- Bought timber 150 mm in the case is 144 mm .Trifle?But ultimately, it lost nearly 100 mm.But it was enough to simply measure the purchased material.
But that's not all, after a while it turns out that the ceiling became lower, it led in some places the height is slightly larger 1850 mm .What is the reason?
most common shrinkage is what completely forgotten builders of grief.
But why suddenly become uneven ceiling?It was built during the construction of the foundation of all the rules and powerful enough?
's all about the usual incompetence in the procurement of materials.
main causes of this problem:
- logs or timber for the walls were purchased from different parties and therefore had different humidity.They are simply stored in different ways.
- unevenly distributed load on the wooden structure.
- During the construction of the crown has been used a different timber.So sometimes when used with spruce and pine .
How to raise the ceiling
But today we are not going to tackle the question of the correct choice of materials.The topic of this article is quite different, in this case we will try to rectify the situation, which turned out to be the owners of these houses.
Today we will analyze the question - how to raise their own low ceiling.The issue is complex and the need to approach it with all responsibility.
Individuality - the main factor
Sometimes you can find a variety of recommendations and advice on the subject that clearly indicate how to do this.
We responsibly declare such instruction in the best case can make you do a bunch of unnecessary work, and at worst can lead to the complete destruction of the house. thing is that each particular building has its own quirks on the device and a certain life.
For example, consider the question of when to raise the ceiling of the structure is recommended to raise the ceilings with the help of special tools.It is not a word that you first need to attentively examine the state of the beams themselves.So
- impact of lifting equipment may lead to the complete destruction of the roof due to the poor state of the beams.
- If the beams are in good condition, the operation could lead to the roof just move out to the side and set it in place will not happen.
- Have uniquely to completely disassemble and assemble again.
- moved down the roof can cause permanent damage to the structure.
- As a result, the complete destruction of the house.
One cure - another cripple
When you can not raise the ceiling with his hands because of the design features of the building, come easier, lowered floor.
Again, all completely individual and where to structure a panacea for other totally a waste vremeni.Predpolozhim the house with a low ceiling is normally placed windows.So
- Strict regulations on the height of the sill from the floor there, but really comfortable height is not more than 900 mm.
- you drop on the floor 300 - 400 mm .
- As a result, at the height of the sill will 1200 - 1300 mm .
- If industrial buildings that distance is quite possible, then, for the dwelling quite comfortable height.
Design features important
Asked lower floor or not also affects the device and the height of the foundation.Therefore, in addition to the windows should carefully examine it.
Otherwise, a strong decrease in floor level may negatively affect the status of the entire structure.In any case, if the floor in the room will be too low from the ground, nothing good from it should not wait.
Generally, designing and building wooden houses, is to provide such an opportunity as a replacement for individual beams and parts of the crown home.
Our reference: In the old days erecting wooden buildings, architects and builders are realizing the relative fragility of wooden structures, constructed them in such a way that, if necessary, the rotten parts can be changed without dismantling the main building.
Benefits rise building
If you can not raise the roof or lower the floor level, lifting is carried out of the building of the wooden house.In this case it is possible to achieve just two positive aspects.
Firstly, increasing the height of the ceiling, and secondly lifting the building can successfully align the behavior of the floor and ceiling.
Raise the ceiling
It is time to examine in more detail all the ways.
variable devices overlap
Seiling in a wooden house can be increased another way.It is used in cases when it is required to lift the ceiling 150 - 250 mm and wherein the ceiling has no significant distortions.
any ceiling wooden house consists of joists, insulation and podshivki.Samym economical option is to use a beam thickness of 50 and height 150 - 180 mm .
But this option can significantly difference, the greater the overlap span, the more powerful beams are installed.In any case, less than 150 mm they will not.
bottom to the beams of the ceiling mounted filing.In this embodiment, too, all individually, but in any case, removing the binder, we shall gain adjustment.So
- The first step is to clean the attic.
- Further, if the insulation is laid on top, remove it.
- Once on top of the beam were bare, you can shoot a binder.
Beams - what you should pay attention
It is the turn to arrange a new slab.The beams in this case, will perform two functions at the same time, serve in their intended purpose and fulfill a decorative role.
Our advice - Inspect all the beams.Rotten must be replaced.
Sometimes joists have unpresentable appearance, they were previously hidden sheet set, it does not affect the appearance of the premises, in this case, their appearance is very important.
If you can not make the existing girders attractive appearance, cover their false ceiling beams.At a certain imagination and ability, false beams can be made independently.
Finish device ceiling
next step is to arrange a ceiling coating and thermal insulation on top of the beams.
How to do this is described on our pages and we will not sharpen its focus on this.So
- Doing this operation, you lift your ceiling without rebuilding the whole house, and visually it will rise at a very great distance.
- well trimmed joists, bring some color into the whole interior of the house.
But sometimes the best option to raise the ceiling, the floor is lower.In order to perform this operation is necessary to carefully examine the routing of floor joists.Sometimes
floor joists during construction, fit only after having been laid, one or even two rows ventsa.Esli so, then lowering them to the level of the foundation may be considerable benefit in height.So
- Remove the edge of a pair of boards subfloor and inspect as beams lie.
- If they are, as we told you earlier, you must completely remove the genital flooring.
- beams cut from the crown and placed directly on the foundations.
Our advice - sheet under the joists pieces of roofing material to protect from moisture.
- Now you can re-plank floor.
This method allows to increase the height of the ceiling in the room wooden house.
rise at home - where to start
But if not one of the above methods will not fit on the design features of the house, we can only raise the entire house and then lower the floor level.
to this type of work must be approached very responsibly:
- Examine the structure of the house.
- If the house has an oven, pay special attention to the pipes Cutting .Lifting the house, you simultaneously lift the entire ceiling, so it is necessary to disassemble a breaker.
- next step is to determine the approximate weight of the assembly.
- calculating the weight of a wooden house, pay attention to the moisture content of the wood.
- also important, from which the wood to build your house.
Below are the main parameters of various weights m3 of wood.
|Wood||m3 Weight kg.|
But as the basic building material is pine and spruce, we separately present their weight per m3.Here we give just two parameters according to materials with varying degrees of drying.
|№||Name||Weight m3 per kg.|
As is evident from the data presented above, the difference is significant.
Our advice - if you find it difficult to determine the degree of drying wood, better take into account the weight of the maximum values.In this case, you just do not have any problems, etc. the rise.
Rams - a lot is not always good
Next we need jacks.Sometimes advised to use several jacks with capacity of 5 tons.
Application simultaneously multiple jacks will significantly increase the speed of recovery and to prevent possible damage to the finishing of the building.
But we advise you to do otherwise, and here's why.
Knowing the reality of modern life, we doubt that there is rarely anyone just 4 or 5 identical, regularly jacks, and buying them is unjustified financial expenses.Moreover, the price is not so small.
Rising, so the house you expect that they will work properly and completely not let you down at the crucial moment.
But if your expectations are not met, this can lead to tragic consequences.Moreover, installation of several lifts simultaneously increases the embodiment in which the house on jacks could move sideways.
one jack - literate rise
Unfortunately, this is the reality of life.
Therefore we advise you to take one, but powerful jack:
- Of course, the best option would be to use the jack lifting capacity of 10 tons, but if this is not possible, you can use a five-ton.
- The most important thing is not to hurry and to lift the building as evenly as possible no more than 50 mm per pass.
- In this case, not any violations related to the strain will not come.
- lifted one side, insert wooden wedges corresponding to the thickness and go to the next side.
- When you do the first pass on all the parties continue to rise further.
Installation wedges - doing the right
In no case do not insert a raised structure loose with each other wedges.
best to proceed as follows:
- immediately determine at what height you plan to raise your home
- Determine the number of points at which you will be lifting.
- establish the exact distance that the rise will be implemented in a single pass.
- Divide this value by the total lifting height.
- Make a required number of wedges for each pass of the appropriate thickness.If
- wedges consist of separate parts, they must be brought down firmly with each other.
- If during the work will show a leak jack, work must stop and proceed only after replacing the defective instrument.
WARNING!- Remember the fulfillment of these recommendations is the key to your safety and the safety of those close to you.
- Once home to raise the desired height, you can add the required amount of crown and lower house.
After lifting - descent
House that we have raised, but that the interior of the rooms was not higher.To do this, simply remain lower floor, exactly the distance that has been carried out the rise.That's all.
remains to add, doing all the work, observe safety.