This article will talk about how to make the installation of a stretch ceiling with his hands.
Select the type of stretch ceiling
There are two types of coverage:
- polyvinyl chloride (PVC) film,
- Textiles (fabric).
This type is made of separate panels of welded joints using the high-frequency currents.For each individual room made cloth to meet the specific size and geometry.
surface texture may be different: glossy or matte (even a "satin" or "suede").
mirror surface can be opaque or translucent (for the creation of the scattered light with lamps behind it).
wide range of color film ceiling can solve any design problem.
Note: The width of the PVC film from 1.3 to 1.8 m , therefore seams are inevitable.On the glossy films are more noticeable.
advantage of PVC films is their water resistant, and can be attributed to the shortcomings:
- is difficult to perform the installation of suspended ceilings with their hands of this type (requires special equipment and tools).
- possibility of accidental damage to the piercing or cutting objects.
Seamless (tissue) suspended ceiling
This knitted polyester fabric impregnated with a polyurethane mixture.
Such sheet (width 5 meters ) allows, in most cases, to get the surface without joints (if the size of the premises does not exceed 5 m ).
This kind of stronger than film, but does not ensure water resistance.
Textile cover can be painted, and the installation of their own hands stretch ceiling is possible.
choice of colors and textures textile coatings significantly less than film.
Price seamless coverage is higher than that of PVC.
There are differences in the production and installation works.
Installation of a stretch ceiling
Installation is performed after all the dust of construction work, usually before they are pasted wallpaper (you can and then, on the finished wall).
along the perimeter fastened aluminum or plastic molding.
It can be attached to the main ceiling or to the wall with glue and dowels and screws.Minimum height loss amount 2 - 3 cm .
Baguette set horizontally (deviation of not more than 2 mm ).
film ceiling installation
Apply harpoon or wedge (shtapikovoe) fixing web.
In the first case, the coating is made smaller than the size of the room, and on its perimeter welded harpoon - edging PVC sectional resembling a hook.This plant in the harpoon mounting profile and clings to him.If necessary, cover, fixed harpoon method can be easily removed, and then mount back.
If a wedge method, the coating is made larger than the size of the room, stretched and secured in baguette with a special bead (wedge), and its excesses are cut after work.
When installing PVC film using a heat gun to heat the air in the room and the film itself.This allows it to stretch during installation prints.
- starts with one of the corners.
- Securing web in the corner profile, pull and fix it to the opposite corner.
- Similarly perform the installation of the second diagonal.
- Then the factory coating profile on the sides of the room with a 80 cm step , alternately on opposite walls.
- make the final tension.
to perform work using special spatulas.
When completed, the temperature decreases, the film shrinks, it becomes even more rigid.
Mounting textile (seamless) suspended ceilings
When installing them rise in temperature is required.
Cloth factory in a special profile with fists that keep him or in profile - clothespin.
Note.When the cam mount, the minimum distance to the ceiling can be reduced to 8 mm.
- work begins with one of the walls of the room.The fabric is attached at several points with a step 50 - 80 cm .The angles thus not fixed.
- gradually unfolding sheet, pulling it fastened on two walls perpendicular to the first (pitch between the fixing points is the same).
- dots fix the fabric on the last wall (corners remain free).
- Starting from one of the corners, and use a special spatula, give birth in a baguette one side completely.
- then mounted adjacent sides.
- two remaining sides adhesive qualities in turn, gradually approaching the fourth corner.
- Angle fabric plant in the last baguette.Additionally
- produce tension on all sides (if necessary).
- folds near the baguette was removed by heating the fabric construction hairdryer.
- Carefully cut off the excess.
- usually installed along the perimeter of the insert of PVC, masking the gaps between the wall and the baguette.
ceilings in two (or more) levels
Modern technologies allow to install the film in several levels, creating a complex curved surface smoothly "flows" into one another.(See. This split-level ceilings)
Here the main thing - do not overdo it.If the room is a small area, and (or) has a small height, a complex form can spoil any interior.
Council.It must be approached very carefully to the choice of colors (especially when using a glossy surface).
in mirror (glossy) version, the film reflects all objects and walls in the room.(See. Black glossy ceiling)
multicolor glossy ceiling, most likely, will have a different, darker shade than the one you planned.This is not a defect in the production or the installation and features of our visual perception.
room will seem smaller and darker.
We constantly look up, the ceiling is not the main element of the interior.
But using some tricks you can create a work of art above your head (you need to do it or not - you decide).
Art and ceilings "starry sky»
using special printers to cover, at your request, can put any image.
Most often, it's different clouds floating across the sky.However, restrictions in the choice of the plot is not (except common sense, of course).
With the help of special devices using fiber optics, you can create a picture of the "starry sky", "shimmering galaxy" and much more.
price will be increased significantly.