detail in the repair does not happen: every step you need to plan and think through in advance.For example, if you have to repair the ceiling is not to think about how to fix a ceiling cornices, then do it would be difficult or even impossible.
windows in residential areas require that a decorative frame, give the interior warmth and personality.Regardless of the fact that the selected hosts - the traditional layered curtains, blinds or "rulonki" To install these moldings.And about what they will need to think at the stage of creation of the design project.
Increasingly, the choice falls on ceiling cornices, as they look more attractive and give more freedom to design the windows.This article focuses not only on how to attach the cornice to the ceiling, but also the right setting, and even on how to attach the ceiling cornice to the wall if there is no other way out.
What are the cornices
If we talk about the
- metal (steel, aluminum, wrought iron);
The design of the cornices are divided into:
- Picture battensPicture;
- Kruglopalochnye (a tube);
- Special - to set the blinds, Roman blinds, and so on. N.
Choice eaves should depend not only on its appearance, combined with interior design of your home, but the method of its mounting, and other parameters.And since the installation of the eaves is made directly to the structural elements of the room (walls or ceilings), it is desirable to make this choice before the start of their finishes.
Selection and cornices
Before choosing a cornice and to think how to fix cornice to the ceiling, remove the measurements and decide what you will hang the curtains.To measurements were correct, you should consider the following points:
- Cornice should not interfere with the window open .To do this, it must be located at least 5 cm above the window opening.
- Removal of the cornice of the wall must be such that it hanging curtains avoid interference with the window handle, battery and lug sill .
Council.When using multi-layer curtains lead measurements of the layer, which is closest to the window.
- minimum length of the cornice should be such, to be able to push the curtains fully open the window opening .The optimal distance from the ends of the eaves to the window slopes - 30-40 cm , but it may vary depending on the width and density curtains, window location, and your desire (the cornice can be done on the entire width of the room from wall to wall).
But before making measurements, you need to determine the type and quantity of curtains - will depend on the design of the cornice and the requirements for its strength.
- When using heavy and dense curtains is better to give preference to the metal cornices or profile design made of durable plastic, the mount which is made directly through the mounting holes in the tire.
- number of levels in the cornice, and therefore its width must correspond to the number of layers of curtains intended.If this is tulle, thick curtains and pelmet, then immediately decide how to strengthen the three-level ceiling cornices.
Choice according to the method of fastening
There are different types of fixing cornices to the ceiling:
- through the mounting holes in the eaves.
- on the suspension.
- the bracket.
In any case the problem of how to attach the cornice ceiling comes down to ensuring that the mounting holes in the supporting structure (in our case in the ceiling).The only difference is in the number and location of these holes.
mount ceiling cornices
to concrete ceiling
If you select a profile plastic or metal ceiling cornice - how to attach it to the ceiling, will prompt the following statement.
- Cut along the length of the ledge, using the building area and a hacksaw, and build it yourself by using the ends of the curved part or if the cornice line, plugs for hooks.
- Around the middle of the cornice, drill the hole.Use of a special dual drill or two drills of different diameters.First make a hole in the front part of the eaves of the drill diameter, which is equal to or slightly greater than the diameter of the fastening screw cap.Then replace the drill bit to a more subtle and dosverlite hole in the plane of the cornice, which will be adjacent to the ceiling.
- Same holes make the entire length of the eaves.The heavier curtains, the smaller should be the pitch between holes.
Attention!When installing wide eaves make holes in them in two rows.
- Attach the cornice to the ceiling so that it has taken the desired position relative to the central axis of the walls and windows.
- later made earlier by the central hole put a mark on the ceiling and using the punch and drill the required diameter ( 5 or 6 mm ), drill a hole in it so deep to match the length of the dowel.
- Insert the dowel into the hole and temporarily fasten the cornice on one dowel-nail.
- Align it and make the ceiling all the other tag for mounting, and then drill the holes.
- remains fixed ledge, scoring all of the dowel-nails, and the problem of how to attach the cornice to the ceiling fixed.
Likewise profile rails are attached to the wooden ceiling, the only difference is that instead of the dowel-nails, you can use the usual screws.
little different from that described the process of installing curtain rods on the brackets or hangers.They tend to already have mounting holes, and after the assembly design you will only accurately mark the site of attachment, make holes in the ceiling and fasten the cornice in place.
to a tension or plasterboard ceilings
If your plans do not include heavy drapes decorate the window, and you have decided to do only light tulle or organza, and some problems with how to fix ceiling moldings on the ceiling plasterboard will not.You just have to choose lightweight plastic eaves and fix it in the above manner on the screws, screwed into plugs "butterfly".
is not the case with tension ceilings, gypsum board or the same, if the window decoration is severe and multi-layered.This does not mean that from the ceiling cornices have to give up altogether, but if your choice has fallen on them, you will have before the installation of ceilings to decide exactly where they will be located.
It is necessary to prepare a reliable support for fixing cornices, setting beneath the surface of the wooden ceiling mortgages.Therefore, it is desirable to purchase moldings in advance to make fitting and layout.
Filling a timber fixed to the base ceiling, in that place, where he will be placed cornice. It is necessary to take into account the dimensions of the timber:
- its thickness should be slightly smaller than the distance from the plane to the ceiling mounted drywall or tensioned film;
- length and width of the bar must be higher than the same parameters of the cornice.
will talk about how to fix the cornice to the stretch ceiling.
Mortgages for the eaves must be installed before the call gager so he could mark their location on the ceiling figure.In the production of reinforcing fabric at fixing the eaves by gluing.
During the installation of a stretch ceiling at the anchor glued small rings, which will not allow the film to rip and burn holes in them.Through them, and will be the installation of the cornice to the mortgage.
There is another way to strengthen the cornice ceiling if you want to have ceilings.It involves a device in the window niches: the ceiling is not communicated to the wall at the distance which is necessary for the installation of the cornice, and is attached to a fixed ceiling beams.
How is attached to the base ceiling cornice ceiling, you know, will not be repeated.In this case, it will not be visible, and the curtains will flow as if straight from the ceiling.
to the wall
It often happens that people buy ceiling cornice, and only after thinking about repairing its installation, where the ceilings are already stretched and mortgages have not been established.In such cases, the question arises as cornice ceiling to attach to the wall?The options here are not so much.
- can use Wall bracket, picking them over the width of the cornice and connect with them with screws.
- mounted on the wall near the ceiling wooden beams and make him mount the cornice.But in this case the timber shall be sufficiently wide to provide a space from the window sill, besides it will need to somehow decorate.
But it's best not to wrestle with how to attach to the wall ceiling cornice, and call specialists who partially dismantle the suspended ceiling, establish mortgages and to return the film to its place.