Plasterboard, a material that has long been entrenched in our lives and is used for many types of work.There are several types of decorations and some can not make the right choices and determine which one is best for plasterboard ceiling or walls.
There is no single answer, and we will try to find out if any work is better to use a certain brand of material.
Pros and cons of drywall
Plasterboard ceiling has good strength, the material light enough and simple installation.This eco-friendly finishing element.
- consists of gypsum, which is 93% of the total, 6% and 1% cardboard other additives.
- Allows you to maintain the desired indoor climate;
- can be used for the manufacture of walls, partitions, ceilings and arched openings;
- not affect human health;
- relatively low price.This makes it possible to carry out low-budget construction;
- acidity of the material is very similar to the acidity of the human skin;
- is possible to manufacture virtually any design.Work can vypolnitm anyone with his own hands and thus can greatly reduce the cost of construction.
Like any material, it has its drawbacks:
- Has not the greatest strength in comparison with the materials of this type;
- to decorate a large plane, an additional reinforcing structures;
- Applying the premises in which a significant excess moisture is required to process additional solutions and primed;(See. The primer for the ceiling)
- When cutting material is required to use additional protective equipment.The resulting dust during operation may cause damage to human mucosa.
Before choosing drywall ceiling or wall, you should find out where it will be mounted.This material is divided into several types, and which should be determined where it can be applied.So
- Plasterboard normal GCR , can be used in almost all areas where there are no requirements for increased moisture and fire.That is, in buildings with normal humidity;
- Fireproof gypsum plasterboard GKLO , which includes reinforcing components and gidroforbnye supplements.It can be applied as in conventional buildings, and in buildings with moisture.
When assembling this material should be to protect the front side using a primer, paint or tiles;
- Plasterboard waterproof GKLVO , which combines the properties of the previous two.It can be used in any kind of space, and even in the bathroom (the bathroom sm.Potolok plasterboard done correctly).
only necessary to remember that it is required to protect the outside.
Also, the material can be divided by type of edge, thickness and color.The thickness of the material ranges from 6-25 mm.
edge can be circular, semi-circular, straight, curved, refined.The color separation is as follows: red - fire-resistant, gray - normal, green and blue - water resistant.
attention.In choosing the material for the ceiling of the above should be considered.Note the thickness and type of material.From the room humidity and temperature should be repelled in choosing the type of material.
Choosing the right drywall
to trim different parts of the room is always the question about the kind of material used.
you should consider some of the features and design of the room:
- Most often used for mounting lightweight plate material GCR, they provide a lightweight structure and yet provide reliable structure.Apply sheets with a thickness of 9.5 mm.
sometimes used sheets with thickness mm 6,5 , just trim them further glass.But the note and play it safe if you use a material for finishing the room with high humidity, then it is better to apply gypsum plasterboard.At elevated temperatures, note GKLO,
- about on this principle should be chosen and the material for the walls .Only here you should take into account the fact that you will attach to the surface.Here, the material is applied thicker.The average thickness of mm 12,5 .
In some areas are used GCR thicker.It depends on the type of structure and operating conditions.
In humid gypsum plasterboard is used in the standard-type buildings - FCL.
Video and photo decoration, you can find in the internet and on our website (sm.Otdelka ceiling plasterboard - doing the right thing), the instruction is also there.However, the choice is yours.
Do not pursue relief ceiling, be sure to take into account the material and operating conditions.