What is waterproofing the ceiling in an apartment knows everyone who even once the victim of the flood, neighbors arranged on top.In order not to bite the bullet during scheduled maintenance it is necessary to take care to protect your home from leaks from the top.
Waterproofing do basically to:
- protect your home from mold and mildew, which are happy to breed in wet conditions.
- Increase the lifespan and decorative building materials.
- exclude the possibility of a short circuit in the wiring due to the ingress of moisture in it.
is especially important to carry out waterproofing ceilings in humid rooms - kitchen, bathroom, on the balcony, as well as in basements and ground floors.
reason for such work are not only neighbors of scattered or leaking roof of the house (sm.Remont after leaking ceiling - what to do).
Modern materials used for waterproofing ceilings, differ in composition and the method of application to the sur
compositions and mixtures for waterproofing
- lubricative compositions are divided into several types: elastic polymer cement, bitumen-polymer and bitumen-rubber.They are relatively inexpensive and easily applied to the surface of the ceiling, but on top of this layer of waterproofing screed to do.
- Penetrating compositions - the most modern and durable material.When applying the wet mixture to its ceiling surface active ingredients are converted into a solid, insoluble crystals are densely fill all the cracks and pores of the treated surface.The main advantage of penetrating compositions - they do not hinder the movement of the air and do not emit harmful substances.But there can only be used as a ceiling for the waterproofing of concrete (concrete ceiling sm.Zalivka: do it right).
reference.Modern waterproofing compounds increase the strength of deep penetration of building materials by 15-20%.In the formation of new cracks in concrete active chemicals react with the concrete and to fill their newly formed crystals.
- powder waterproofing is a mixture of cement, resins and plasticizers, which is diluted with water to the consistency of plaster, which is processed in the usual way, and the entire surface.Rarely used, since it is easily destroyed by mechanical effects.
- Spray compositions - paints, varnishes, emulsions containing in its composition of bitumen, rubber, latex and other additives.Economical, environmentally friendly, easy to apply, but have a low life.Unlike the previous materials, may be used for wooden ceilings.
- proofing - universal (suitable for any surface) finished compositions having water-repellent effect.
By the method of applying the compositions described can be divided into those that are applied by plaster or by painting - with a brush.
waterproofing materials Wood banding
As the name implies, these materials are applied to the ceiling by gluing.Moreover, some of these are self-adhesive, others require heating with a gas burner.
Wood banding materials are divided into two groups:
- Polymer - polyethylene, vinyl liner, and so on. N.
- not polymeric - roofing, roofing, glass and so on. N.
This typeWaterproofing is very time-consuming and cost, so now rarely used.Although if there is a need waterproofing the floor and ceiling on the balcony or in the cellar (sm.Potolok in the cellar: finishes), it is quite possible to use.
ceiling installation of PVC film - the surest way to protect yourself from leaks from the top, at the same time giving an excellent view of the ceiling and design.Today, nobody needs to be convinced that the suspended ceiling is able to withstand enormous loads: in case of flooding all the water collects in it without harming any tissue of the ceiling or placed underneath pieces of furniture and interior design.
When the cause of the flood water is pumped through the holes for the fixtures and the ceiling takes the former view.
How do waterproofing
To waterproofing ceiling balcony, kitchen or any other room was high quality and reliable, the surface should be prepared.For this purpose, it is necessary to remove the old paint, carefully remove dust and degrease.
Next act in accordance with the recommendations of the selected waterproofing.
majority were deep penetration require no additional preparation other than wetting the ceiling, because they perfectly adhere to the surface and fill small cracks.If, however, between the floor slabs have cracks, they must be sealed suture materials for insulation.
Many other compounds and compositions require surface treatment primer for better adhesion to its waterproofing.If you plan to use paint compositions, the entire surface must be leveled prior to the application and primed.
Important!To ensure good sealing the ceiling need to be treated not only the ceiling but also the surrounding walls to a height of 15-20 cm .Or glue joints with special sealing tapes.
application of waterproofing
technology application depends on the composition.Some blends require pre-wetting the surface, others - its thorough drying. But in any case, the sequence of works is:
- Preparation of the solution according to the instructions.
- Applying the ceiling.Surface waterproofing the ceiling in the bathroom or any other room is a normal process of plastering, but must be followed by the manufacturer thickness and number of layers, while they dry.Penetrating compositions are applied to a synthetic brush.
Attention!Each previous coat before applying the next has to harden, but not to seize completely.Therefore obey temperature and curing time layers.
- After applying the waterproofing for the first night it kept wet by spraying with a spray gun, to avoid the appearance of cracks.