Conceived and embodied as a material for flooring, laminate flooring has long ceased to be just them.Today it can be seen in the decoration of walls, doors and other structures, and designers insist that the ceilings and laminate - is the perfect solution for any room.
skeptics may be recalled that no one is surprised ceilings, trimmed with clapboard, and some just prefer the option of finishing, especially for country houses.Laminated ceiling is different from the lining only more aesthetic appearance and better performance, so why not use it off-label?
Laminate - description and characteristics
What is it
such thing as laminate ceiling does not exist.In any case - yet.For finishing ceilings using conventional laminated board, except for its durability it is presented not as demanding as it will not have a serious mechanical loads.
If you give a brief description of the laminate, it may be said that a multi-layered wood-like material with many advantages of n
If you look at the laminate ceiling in the context, we can see the following layers:
- top layer - transparent plastic film (acrylic or melamine), which has high strength characteristics and protecting underlying theIt decorative layer different from mechanical damage, dirt and moisture.This film can be smooth or embossed, glossy or matte.
- Under the protective film is decorative layer , which is a plain paper, on which a pattern.It is this layer determines the appearance of the laminated board, which can imitate any kind of wood, natural stone, ceramic tiles and so on. D. To finish the ceilings often choose monochrome colored laminate light shades.
- third layer laminate - the main, he gives the material the required mechanical strength.This layer consists of a special compound impregnated MDF boards or HDF.
- lower layer laminate made of a special water-repellent composition impregnated paper protects it from moisture and provides additional strength.
thicker laminate, the higher the stiffness and the higher the grade, the higher is its resistance to abrasion and other mechanical influences.But if you decide to do a ceiling made of laminated tiles, then these criteria can be ignored in favor of lower cost, as the only load that will experience such coverage is periodically wiping with a damp cloth dust.
advantages and disadvantages
trim laminate ceiling has many advantages, but there are also some negative aspects.It is advisable before starting work carefully review all of them to not later regret their choice.
So, the dignity of the laminate as a ceiling covering:
- A wide variety of textures and colors, allowing you to choose the cover, fits perfectly into the interior.
- high sound and thermal insulation properties.In addition, as is the case with any other false ceiling, the device can further isolation.
- unpretentious in the care and durability.
- Low thermal resistance - laminate does not support combustion (but deformed by fire).
- relatively low cost of both the material and its installation.
- Easy installation - thanks to the special interlocks laminate is easy to install on their own, without involving the experts.
However, do not forget some of the shortcomings of this material:
- Stucco laminate is only possible in areas with relatively dry climate - living rooms, corridors, offices.For bathrooms and unheated rooms it is not suitable.
- In the case of leakage from the neighbors above laminate, very afraid of moisture, swell and deform, requiring its complete replacement.To avoid this, it is advisable before you attach the ceiling to hold the laminate waterproof ceiling.
- to create a laminate surface applied phenolic resin which evaporate toxins.However, if after laying the laminate to ventilate the room regularly during the month, stop evaporation and do not represent a health hazard.It is therefore desirable to produce the finish of the ceiling (and floor) in a residential area yet.
- Depending on the method of fixing a laminate base ceiling needs to be leveling off or the device frame.
methods of fastening laminate
When deciding how to attach a laminated board from the ceiling, you can select one of the two most common ways: sticking it to perfectly leveled surface or mounted on a frame with small nails or screws with special klyaymerov.
Council.No matter which method you choose, before laying the laminate to survive for several days in a room, having removed him packing.This will allow him to adapt to the indoor climate and take optimum dimensions.
Bonding For bonding the laminate to any surface it should be thoroughly leveled, otherwise the adhesion strength is low, and the connection of individual panels to one another may be of poor quality.
- ceiling can be leveled with plaster or any sheet material - plasterboard, plywood and so on. N. Plastered ceiling need to dry well, and then primed.
- choice of adhesive depends on the material surface, which will be glued to the laminate.Generally, a two component solvent based adhesive or hot glue mounting.
Attention!Two-component adhesive - quite toxic and flammable material, so when working with it is necessary to observe all safety precautions.
- Before fix laminate the ceiling fastening sealing grease grooves to increase the service life of the coating.
- If a finished surface area is small, collect the shield laminate the desired size on the floor, and then gently lift and press the adhesive to the oiled surface, installing backup.
- To finish the installation of large areas of the laminate is carried out sequentially, as in finishing the floor: the panel is connected to "lock in" to the previous panel, and then pressed against the surface.
Council.In order not to wait for the complete curing of glue, holding laminated hands, use double sided tape for installation.
This method has many shortcomings, because of which it is used very rarely.This is especially toxic glue and complexity of the work.The fact that the panels they secure connections have tamp each other, which leads to displacement of already established and lag portions of the surface.To avoid this, it is recommended to nail each panel into the groove to the bottom of the small nails (or screws countersunk screws).
Mounting on frame
sequence of works is:
- before a ceiling of laminate, repel the perimeter of the room rate.
- the ceiling on the level of attached wooden or metal frame using screws or dowels (depending on the material base of the ceiling).Installation can be carried out on direct hangers or by using the wooden slats of different thicknesses.The guide should be placed across the direction of laying laminate with a pitch of not more than 50 cm .
Important!For wooden crates can only use well-dried material, in other timber is deformed during operation.
- Starting from the far left corner, begin to strengthen the laminate to the frame with metal klyaymerov and small nails.In the case of a metal frame mounting is made with screws.
- If klyaymery not allow panels fit snugly into the notches clipped locks at fixing.
more clearly you will understand how to install laminate ceiling video, posted on this page.Upon completion of work the gap between the walls and ceiling covered by a decorative molding.
Just on our website you can learn about how to make the lining of the ceiling.