There are many types of suspended structures, but the glass ceiling with lighting can be called the most functional.Glass is not afraid of moisture and does not give in to corrosion, which means that it can be done in any room - it will fit perfectly in the living room and bathroom.
In this article we will discuss how to construct such a structure of glass and in which types of suspension systems can be integrated glass elements.
Construction of glass modules
The most important advantage of glass is its ability to miss and scatter light.That is why it has long steel used in the construction of suspended ceilings.So
- glass surface makes it possible to place lighting in the ceiling space. It promotes better coverage of premises, especially those who have a large area.
- general, with a glass ceiling you can solve almost any problem space: visually reduce or expand the space, increase the height, divide it into zones.And most importantly - a consummate appearanceadorning even the most modest interior.
Forms glass ceilings
modular design consists of an aluminum frame and decorative elements that are suspended him.It is usually sold in a set of products, which includes the necessary profiles, hangers, fasteners, and, of course, assembly instructions.
- By type of construction, they can be a raster, or as they are called, cluster, and cellular.Module coffered ceiling is square 60 x 60 cm, or a rectangular panel 60 * 120 cm.
- This ceiling is going to fast as well, and dismantled.He usually covers the entire area of the substrate, its design features make it possible to bend around the contours of the premises of any configuration, even create three-dimensional plots.
- disadvantage of raster structure can be considered as its solid weight.But this problem has long been solved.
Natural glass is often replaced with acrylic.
- Its weight is much smaller margin of safety above and processing methods are no different from those used for glass decoration.And the price, not least an order of magnitude lower - so the feasibility of such a replacement is available.
- only negative, available from acrylic glass, is that the surface can be easily scratched.So it can be regarded only as a budget option.
The designer designs the glass is, of course, do not use.
- Cellular or latticed ceiling glass has a very different structure.Form modules here may be not only square but also circular, oval - what you want.Such a system has cavities for the insertion of modules sealed with rear substrate side.
- glass elements secured through holes drilled in the crate.Clamps are usually decorative screws.
These modules can be inserted into a plaster or wooden suspended ceiling or design with a stretch ceiling.
ceiling glass with illumination can be mounted and with his hands, looking pre-video.But the performance of electrical work that will precede the assembly of structures, are best left to a specialist.
their competent execution will guarantee operational safety and reduce to a minimum the need for dismantling the elements.
Design glass ceiling surfaces
As we know, the glass - a rather fragile material.Therefore, in such proceedings is most often used is not an ordinary window glass and laminated glass, which we used to see in cars.
Its use eliminates the risk of injury, if the installation or operation of the glass accidentally broken.So
- Some manufacturers use a special toughened glass, even more durable, and also possesses the properties of triplex. good choice is the same glass, but in a laminated form.
- In fact, this laminated glass product.On the basis of tempered glass by bonding polymer composite layer can be caused to cut decorative glass, tinted, sandblasted pattern or relief.
- After gluing sheets subjected to heat treatment in a vacuum furnace.In case of violation of the integrity of the top, not the hardened layer, it is not osypletsya.A
pieces are securely held composite.
- most expensive type of decorative finish glass is hand-painted.The extraordinary beauty of the original and unique designs, created by the skill of the artist, appreciated at all times.
The photo below shows an example of a glass ceiling finishes.
- creating exclusive solutions, manufacturers do not forget about the low cost options.One of these proposals are glass modules glued to their reverse side of film with a pattern or a photographic image.
- Such designs are usually installed in bathrooms, attics, corridors or basements, almost no natural light.
- glass, illuminated from the inside surface with a picture of trees or clouds, perform their function.In a small enclosed space, the hallways without windows, the rooms with low ceilings, they create a feeling of spaciousness, height.
- If such an option is in the basement, used as a dwelling or an office, a person, who is in it for a long time will not feel any discomfort.This figure is above the head to create the impression that you are on the top floor, not in the basement.
Before repairing the ceiling should think twice over the choice of the structure and its design. And if you decide you want just a glass structure, be sure that there exists a necessary option for any room.
On our site there are other articles about the glass ceiling.Read, choose and we wish you good luck in the implementation of planned!