First perform the necessary calculations.In addition, the preparation includes calculating the amount of material that will be required in the work.Each room
calculation is performed individually, so we will not dwell on this, the more that calculate the number of sheets of drywall is easy.Installing ceiling plasterboard should be carried out at a time when the room finishing.
work should start as soon as the walls are aligned.If the installation is carried out in the winter months, the heating system in a room should work necessarily.
Installation is made before the painting work.Before starting work, you need to separate all electrical and communication wires, hiding them in a pre-made corrugated channel.
What You Need
If your intention is to make plasterboard, then you need to prepare in advance tools:
- Building a knife;
- Water level.
In addition, should advance to buy materials:
- Profiles (carrying, longitudinal, starter);
- Crab (required for connection profiles).
- UD-profile - the so-called "perimeter" or "starter profile."This profile is fixed in those places where the ceiling surface is in contact with the walls.
- CD-profile (main profile, guides) - is fixed in length loose-leaf sheets of drywall.In most cases, the pitch of the CD-profile is approximately 35-40 cm.
- Mounts Profile CD (spacers, suspension) - parts for fixing the basic profile.They are used in cases where the supposed installation of plasterboard ceilings so that the new ceiling coat dropped relative to black ceiling at a distance of 12 cm.
If you want to lower the ceiling even further, it uses special spring suspensions with which the ceilings may be lowered as much as youanything.
Tip!Suspensions are sold in stores in the clear.During installation, they must be bent so that they accept U-shaped.
After you have assigned the profiles, the free ends of the suspensions to cut or bend.
- course drywall ceiling can not be carried out without anchors.To fix the initial profile and suspension to the Draft ceiling used screws or dowels, and CD-profile is fixed to the suspension by means of screws.
- undoubtedly require themselves sheets of drywall.Today, the price of the material in DIY stores are quite different, but the range of pleased with the variety.
specialists for apartments and town houses is recommended to select the sheets whose thickness is in the range 9.5-12.5 mm.
- In some cases, require the use of water-resistant gypsum board: they are ideal for decoration of bathrooms, swimming pools, kitchens.It should be noted that this material will not be able to save, if the neighbors above you will be flooding.
If water leakage occurred, the only solution in this case - the dismantling of old coatings and newly renovated.
mounting profiles on the perimeter
should be observed when working temperature in the room temperature should not be below 15 degrees.Instructions many manufacturers provides that immediately after the purchase of sheets of drywall should be made to the premises in which the assembly, and let them lie there for a few days.
Before you install drywall on the ceiling, mount the profiles on the perimeter:
- first step is to draw a line around the perimeter of the room under the ceiling.For this purpose the building level.
retreated to 20-30 mm from the black ceiling in the corner and try to put a label to move it in all the corners, using a builder's level.Each corner put two tags (each on the wall opposite to each other).
To get perfectly straight line between the points, you must use the thread in choklaynom or better blue - and sharply pulls her go.On the wall of the blow formed a clear reference line;
- of this line is measured place where the installation is supposed to profile.We recommend using profiles type UD-27;
- Then with his hands cut into sections of the desired size.You can use the grinder;
- In line that marked the perimeter, bolted UD-profile so that its lower part as accurately coincide with a line;
- Then profiles are fixed in the previously identified locations with the help of punch.To fix peshki best to use internal ports instead of ears, becausesuspension to be fixed to the lugs, by weight of gypsum board is to be delayed by a few millimeters, which will compromise the level of the plane;
- profiles are fixed with special anchors.If standard concrete wall, it is best to use precast dowels (size 6x40 mm).
recommended to take a step about 30-40 cm.
Layout ceiling and fixing hangers
Given the location of the supporting rails made counting the ceiling.In this case it refers to the parallel lines.
Support profiles are required for mounting drywall sheets.When decorating the ceiling plasterboard supporting rails need be located at the edges of the sheet and in the center.So
- By marking carried mount hangers with dowels;Further
- CD-profiles are inserted in the UD-profiles, which are starting;
- attached to the suspension of the guide profiles.
Tip!Observe a small gap at the mounting profiles.At this stage it is necessary to use a laser level to check the levelness of the profiles.
Installation longitudinal profiles
continue to carry out the installation of longitudinal profiles.Installation of plasterboard ceiling without this stage is unthinkable, because due to the longitudinal frame profiles will be tough.So
- During the selection of the distance to be observed between the longitudinal profiles, you need to consider how to install drywall sheets.
If fixing is longitudinal, the distance - 40 cm, if the cross - 60 cm. During execution of this stage is used for fixing the crabs.
- If necessary, it is possible to use mineral wool.Mineral wool is placed between the profiles.
This approach allows to achieve good sound insulation and thermal insulation.If you need to use mineral wool not, skip this step.
mounting drywall sheets
Preparatory work has been completed, now it's time to learn how to install drywall on the ceiling.First of all plasterboard treated with primer on one side, and after they are installed, the primer will need to perform on the other side.So
- In our case, we will install sheets crosswise in relation to the longitudinal profiles.It is important that there is a gap at the walls (their size does not exceed a few millimeters).
Due to this, the resulting structure will "breathe."
- Since mounting plates, installation should be carried out from the wall.The second sheet is fixed relative to the initial longitudinal profile.
between the wall and the longitudinal profile of a hole which should be closed half of the sheet;
- Using this technology, we carry out the work on the whole ceiling.To fix the sheets of drywall screws used for metal.
maximum step - 20 cm, the minimum - 15 cm;
- Caps screws fully delve into the material;
- at the junction should be a gap of about 2-3 mm.They will need to putty.
Note: When using self-tapping screws for fastening sheets, you need to follow to be able to "drown" them in a profile of 10 mm.This allows you to get the most secure fit.
notes during installation sheets
work on the assembly of the ceiling drywall is best done with a partner.But if this is not possible, it is quite possible to cope on their own, backed by the theoretical part of the photo and video from the Internet.To do
prepare backup, to be made from a bar in a T-shape.Props are used to hold the gypsum board, which is not fixed to the suspension.
Basic rules for setting sheets which is conducted on the frame:
- can not sew the sheets against a wall.Be sure to leave a gap of a couple of millimeters;
- Sheets necessarily fixed in a staggered manner.This is required to ensure that the joints do not coincide.For this purpose, the first row of the whole sheet is fixed, and in the next - only half;
- For fixing screws are used.Location any fasteners - with a pitch of 20 cm;
- Screws need to tighten so that the cap provided flush with the gypsum board. You can use the screwdriver with a depth of screwing exposed.
After installation of gypsum ceiling is complete, you can begin to plaster surface.It is necessary to treat the places where junctions were formed.
addition, shpaklyuyut places where screws are used. Once the composition dries, the grout is performed with sandpaper.
After that, the ceiling must be prepared for further finishing.For this shpaklyuem entire ceiling surface.
work is very important to perform accurately, causing a relatively small layer of putty.When the grout is important not to damage the sheets of drywall.
Mounting additional level
as soon as the installation of a basic ceiling of plasterboard, you can install additional levels.To do this, on the basis of need to fix the new framework of the new profile.
today is very often used a variety of interesting curvilinear structure.To create an unusual profile bending trimmed with scissors for metal, giving it the desired shape.Ready
frame is sheathed with plasterboard in both the vertical and horizontal planes.
Finish To finish the plasterboard ceiling, you can use paint, whitewash or wallpaper (see: How do the correct fiberglass ceiling pokleit) - it is a simple and affordable options.Of course, you can use and innovative surfacing materials - it all depends on the financial capacity hosts and interior.