Currently, there are various types of ceiling tiles, so the right choice is sometimes very difficult.Especially considering the fact that they all have their advantages and disadvantages.
For many, the deciding value for some appearance.That is why many people choose ceiling tile of expanded polystyrene, which refers to materials, perfectly combining price and quality.
This material is a decorative panel, which is made of expanded polystyrene.There are still wood, fiberglass, mixing with the starch and made of light metal.
tile from polystyrene are different:
- lowest cost.
- when they have good soundproofing and
- simple installation.
- variety of patterns allows you to complete the picture perfectly any design, however, as the color gamut.
Types of EPS ceiling tiles
There are several types of tiles, made of foam, which differ only in the method of production:
- Stamped tiles .This type is made on a small low-power press.The price of this kind of low, however, as quality indicators.
handle such tiles need with extreme care, as it is very fragile.In addition, this material has a protective coating that prevents the wet cleaning process.
- Injection tiles - this is the thickest of all presented.It is surprising that when laying such tile does not leave the seam, creating a completely flat, solid and seamless ceiling (ceiling tile sm.Besshovnaya - amazing design).
Also worth noting is the fact that this is the tile has the best sound quality.
- Extruded tiles is the most reliable, durable and expensive.It is made by extrusion technology, with the simultaneous pressing and cutting polisterolnoy band.
on the tile surface is applied a special protective layer which allows not only the wet cleaning, but the use of household detergents.The ceiling is made of this material will serve as a fairly long period of time without creating unnecessary trouble.
How to choose a tile
Types ceiling tiles are so diverse that a choice is sometimes very difficult to .That is why it is important to know what you should pay attention, and that, on the contrary, is unnecessary.So
- first step is to consider the geometry of the tiles.It must be clear and accurate.
Any tile shows a rectangle, so all the corners must comply with 90 degrees.Any deviation after installation gaps are formed, which significantly spoil the appearance.
- Another important point - is the density of the material.The smaller it is, the correspondingly better.
However, while the edge must not crumble.To determine whether or not they fall off, it is enough to hold a small experiment, which consists in the fact that the tiles should take the corner and a little shake.
In that case, if there was no deformation, the material is high quality and can be purchased easily.If the tiles broke its own weight, it is better to abandon the finishing material.
- The last criterion - a figure: it should not have chips or dents, as well as not be clear or no relief.
Despite the fact that the ceiling tile types is quite different, fit it is almost always the same:
- Before installation, correctly calculate the amounttiles that need to be placed.To do this, you need to calculate the area of the ceiling surface and knowing that the standard tile sizes up to 50 by 50 cm, can be using school knowledge of mathematics to calculate exactly how many tiles need.
It goes without saying that the final figure will be 10 - 15 percent more than the work because "losses" are inevitable.Mounting
- tiles is carried out by means of an adhesive, so it is necessary to choose one which would be of high quality.Moreover, its price does not necessarily have to be sky-high.
Currently, there are three popular adhesive, designed for ceiling tile - a "Titan", "Eco - naset" and "Moment".The first two - from Polish producers, which guarantees excellent quality of its products, however, their use requires additional time - to attach to the ceiling tile.
That is, the tiles will have some time to press."Moment" also holds the tile and the ceiling very quickly, however, its cost significantly more expensive, and higher consumption.Yes, and to work with them need a gun.
- During installation should take into account the fact that the instructions to the ceiling tile, however, as for any finishing material, provides a completely flat surface , so all visible shortcomings must first be repaired putty, assembly foam or plaster solution.Then you need to align the ceiling and primed.
Council.In that case, if the base is made of ceiling sheets of plywood or chipboard, then it must be primed previously be repaired gaps between the sheets.
- After that, the ceiling applied markings.You can do this by using cord treated chalk and stretched from the corner of the room.
by pulling and releasing the cord from the ceiling appear smooth line.The same is done with other angles.
at the intersection of the lines will be in the center of the ceiling, from which the perpendicular dividing the ceiling into equal parts.
- following is the most important point - the choice of the installation.In that case, if the middle of the room is a chandelier, the experts advise to start it from her, placing the tiles around the wires.
That is, those places that formed markup.
Tip!In order to avoid a gap, you need to cut corners adjacent to the wire, how to do it correctly, you can see the video on any theme, which is very much on the different building portals.In the event that no chandelier in the center, then you can start laying from any angle.
- adhesive is applied along the edges and diagonal .This method allows to achieve maximum bond the surfacing material to the surface.
- tile should be applied very carefully, without haste, since it will have a small bias to remove, resulting in damage to the material.
Stack of tiles can be - different, it all depends on personal preference.When using colored tiles number of possible increases significantly, as can be seen by looking at the picture presented below.
As a result, we can say that the tiles made of polystyrene - a great finishing material, which is suitable for all rooms and interior design, and has a fairly high rate.In this assembly the material does not require additional expertise, so it can be carried out by hand.