Here's a perfect ceiling moldings you can do with your hands, if you follow these instructions.
to manufacture ceiling cornices are mainly used three materials, is:
- extruded polystyrene;
More made stucco ceiling cornices, but that's another topic.
- most fragile and cheapest of them is the foam, although the strength of the ceiling is not really required.
- polystyrene much denser it can be easily cut with a knife and, of course, it is more expensive.
- hardest to handle wood.To the corners of the wooden skirting boards were perfect, it is necessary to use only fine teeth hacksaw, and even better hacksaw and sandpaper.Only in this way can achieve a smooth angle
Crop ceiling moldings with their hands
Let us analyze step by step how to cut corners plinth (still referred to as the fillet).
In the vast majority of modern apartments corners of rooms and other facilities are equal to 90 °. Trim ceiling moldings must be at a
How to trim ceiling moldings?To do this, use a special tool called a miter box.
This instrument has slits at an angle of 45 ° and 90 °.At first glance, an easy task to trim moldings.
But the fact that he is glued to the ceiling at an angle of 38 ° to 45 °, which means cut corners will not be joined, leaving a gap.To avoid this, apply and miter box.
cropped inside corners using a miter box
To do this, you need these tools:
- miter box;
- stationery knife.
- fillet is laid on the bottom of the miter box with the side to be glued to the ceiling, and the lower side is pressed against the wall of the miter box to the right of its slot.
- Trimming fillets produced a hacksaw or a sharp knife.Trim should be neat, without excessive force, so as not to deform the ceiling cornice and were chipped.
- this way, cut the corner and adjacent plinth, but with the help of the left slot on the miter box.
- Then, these parts are attached to the corner to check if there is a crack, it can be cut with a knife.
Sovet.Dlya to translate wasted material and to acquire the skills, practice first on a small piece.
Cut away the outer corners using a miter box
- Attach plinth to the corner and mark with a pencil the spot onbaseboard, which begins with the outer corner.
- then skirting fits in miter box. The side, which will be attached to the ceiling, placed on the bottom of the miter box and push the other side of the wall.
mark on the baseboard should be located near the left slot.Cropped one end.
- then cut the same way the other half of the angle.Just mark on the baseboard should be located near the right slot.
We put the two halves to the corner and check whether there is a gap.If everything is in order, then you can paste the baseboard in place.
How to cut a plinth ceiling without miter box
cropped skirting for inner corner
If you do not miter box, you can do without it:
- To do this, putting a baseboard to the ceiling as he shouldto stand and hold on the ceiling line.
- Then putting a baseboard to the ceiling from the corner to the right and draw a second line.
- At the point where the lines crossed, make a mark on the skirting board and draw a line from the mark to the bottom corner of the plinth.This line and the line will be undercutting the plinth.
proceed similarly to the left corner.Cropped strictly along the lines of a sharp knife.
then applied to the corner and check if there are any cracks. If the gap is, neatly clipped corners.
Then moldings can be glued in place.
Council.Do not apply much effort when cutting through the floor.It can be crumpled and after you glue it in place after the glue dries, deform.
cropped skirting for outside corner
Without miter box can be easily cut the fillet and the outer corner:
- For this
- putting a ceiling fillet as it should be to the right of the corner.We draw a pencil line on the ceiling angle.
- then applied quirk left corner and draw a line across the ceiling to the intersection with the first line.
- On fillets make a mark at the intersection of the lines and in the place where the corner of the room.
- Putting a mark on the line of the fillet and cut off with a sharp knife.The cut has to go inside the fillet.
- Check the joints in the corner, clipped, if necessary, and glue in place the fillet.
In conclusion, it should be noted that the cost of mounting ceiling moldings, if you hire a team of workers in Moscow, will be approximately $ 100 per 1 meter.Count the number of meters in your home, multiply by 100. This is the amount that you can save, if you can do the job with their own hands.