In this article you will learn how to cut off the ceiling moldings.Ways to cut skirting boards are not so much almost all of them are one and the same operation.
But not so simple as it seems at first glance, in this article you will learn how to cut off the ceiling moldings and that it is necessary to know.
- angle cut at 45 degrees to one side and the other the mirror relative to the other leaf moldings.In our result is an angle of 90 degrees.
- Many people doing repairs on their hands, yet they do not know how to cut the correct ceiling moldings (see: How do properly cut ceiling moldings).The form of the plinth is not important, only need to adjust the picture and cut off so that we figure does not terminate at the junction of the outer or inner corner.
- If plinth has a pattern that is more fine work from the fit figure. Immediately it discreetly but if you look closely it will be evident.
- For this to have a complete picture on the canvas plinth marks the spot on the half cut the pattern on one side and the other.So now you know how to cut off the ceiling moldings with a pattern.
- Then when docking plinth form a coherent picture composition and location of the docking simply invisible.These things are always taken into account by professionals.
cropped corners using the miter box
But there is a plinth with a set of components for internal and external angles, different forms of the semi-circular to square, even triangular, radially, as you can see in the photo at the top.This is a simplified version that is easier to work.But
cut without a special device on the eye and very difficult to seal the seams still have to.
For this purpose the miter box as standard with finely toothed saw.Even with Mitre inexperienced people have questions, how to cut off the ceiling moldings.I advise a little practice at first on simple rails or if the house has old plinth, then to them.
When you see what happens clean cut and good dock items, you can get to work.So
- Wooden plinth can be cut using a miter box like and using an electric crosscut and Mitre Saw which cuts in all degrees and directions.But it is more complex and more expensive materials and are mainly used by professionals data saws.
- This appliance is good, that it is possible to make non-standard sections 25 -35, etc., degrees, miter box that is not provided.
- But if you can not, buy a crosscut saw Mitre-you can use the miter box.Skirting miter box set in the same way as it will fit on the ceiling, insert the saw at the corner which we need in the grooves miter box and make the cut.
- If you need to connect the ends of the skirting board with a pattern here, too, need to cut a figure in the middle of one and the other floor.Then when combined, they also form a single composition pattern that will make invisible joints.
For each instrument there is an instruction, video instruction sites, so when buying a chair you can read or view the possibility of its use.
- plinth at the corners (see: How do glue corners) is cut in a mirror image.If you are one moldings cut at 45 degrees using a miter box in one direction, then another fabric skirting puts so the same, but the position of the saw me in the opposite direction .We had a slice of the mirror.
- to cut wooden plinth using the miter box if you do not have finely toothed saw blade, the saw can be used for metal
cropped wooden plinth
Wooden plinth, their price is much more expensive penopleksovyh or polyurethane and cut them much more difficult.Here, too, there are questions wooden ceiling moldings, how to properly cut.
main thing is not to allow chips and burrs on the front surface of the plinth.
- Use saws with large and medium teeth is fraught because you ruin baseboard and has no putty you navernete purity docking connection panels of decorative moldings.
- good slice on wooden baseboards still depends on the quality of the wood and the type of wood from which it is made. Soft rock is usually very easy to cleave and leave burrs, hard and solid rocks are usually expensive but are durable and processing can not be afraid that there will be chips or burrs.
- Mouldings of wood lacquered not usually sold only after fixing the ceiling of varnished passing lacquer in several layers.Sometimes used stain, to give a clear tree structure and only then lacquered.
- Places docking if the resulting small gaps are usually held after the first primer and putty on wood uniform color.
There are also more expensive saws.But for simple operations and frequently used baseboards miter box better option.
Video Mitre on the application, can be found at construction sites.Even for anyone that does not try to be a problem, go ahead, discover new aspects of your talents.