Mouldings Polyurethane ceiling, as, indeed, and the frieze, and a variety of moldings made from this polymer, gained its popularity due to its incredible flexibility.This advantage is simply impossible to overestimate, because it gave new opportunities not only for decoration of ceilings, and interior design in general.
plinth foam interior
With polymer moldings, which include polyurethane baseboards and ceiling, you can decorate not only the walls, ceiling, and the joints between them (sm.Styk walls and ceiling: sticking moldings andcarved cornice), but also to frame panels, furniture facades, a niche - that is, to create an original, memorable interior.
Besides flexible structure allows the material to work well on a bend, polyurethane moldings are also a lot of other advantages:
- They are the most durable because they do not fear neither humidity nor cold, neither high temperatures nor ultraviolet.They do not even require any additionalprotection in the form of hydrophobic or antiseptic impregnation and painting is done only for reasons of aesthetics of the interior.
- Thanks to these qualities, ceiling polyurethane moldings often used as a decoration of furniture, including the kitchen, around the gas stove, near a fireplace .Compared with the same material from expanded polystyrene, which is not bends, and therefore installed only in a straight line, skirting PPU it is the basic element curved ceilings.
- So you arrange border level ceiling, as was done in the photo above, without the flexible material is simply impossible.Polyurethane ceiling moldings can not only perform framing the ceiling, but also can play a major role in the design of the entire room.
- It is said that manufacturers now offer a wide range of polyurethane moldings, various shapes and purposes.So, choose the option that is most appropriate for a particular ideas, it is always possible.For example, the eaves of the polyurethane can be created on the ceiling coffers: one large or small lots.
- In the first case, it uses a two-step molding, which we see in the picture above.It is mounted to the ceiling, forming a groove on its perimeter, original framed border.
Special cornice ledge along the border, adjacent to the wall, can hide LED strips, used to illuminate the perimeter.The inner cavity of the plinth is commonly used as a cable channel.
- way, the device zakarniznogo ceiling lighting, there are specially shaped plinth.They are mounted to the wall surface of only one face.
Other forms a niche in which is located and Led-tape or neon cord.In order to create a ceiling set of square caissons used rather narrow polyurethane ceiling moldings, a beautiful relief, which are mounted up and down, across the ceiling area.
- With skirting can not only decorate the ceiling, but also to adjust its shape, and even height.At low altitude areas, the massive baguette on the upper perimeter of the wall will not look.Therefore it is better to use a narrow version, covering the walls and ceiling joints, or a flat plinth mounted to the ceiling, you saw one of the above examples.
- In private homes, the problem can not be low, but on the contrary, too high ceiling.To get rid of the visual sensation of excessive space, taking a massive ceiling moldings, and mount it to the wall, with a large space from the ceiling.
This wall is divided into parts horizontally, and its height becomes visually less.In the photo above is given an excellent example of such adjustment, the volume of the room.
Here, incidentally, is framed more Polyurethane skirting and a fireplace, which proves the fact that this material is not afraid of high temperatures.
ceiling moldings of polyurethane can have whatever profile, but they are classified according to the magnitude of the angle formed by the installation.These are three standard options: 30;45 and 60 degrees.
Their selection is made depending on where it will be mounted on a plinth.In all logic it should be, because the main purpose of this material is the interior decoration.So
- It is impossible not to agree with the statement that in some situations without plinth foam is necessary.Basically, this is the room with the complex architectural decisions.
These include semicircular bay windows and columns, braces, niches, arched doorways, stepped ledges.Most of these elements are adjacent to the wall, forming a right angle: internal or external.
- Perform their hard bypass skirting real punishment.Any unevenness on the wall and the cornice is not adjacent to it tight at the junctions are formed uneven seams.Ultimately, these places look sloppy.
In such cases, the joints sealed putty, but it saves long.Some time later, in the connections and the ceiling cornice cracks.
- flexible polyurethane moldings is the only decent solution to this problem.And, to mount his own hands without problems, since it does not require any special tools - he cut the usual office knife.
Those who are going to do this work for the first time, to help our guide, as well as video in this article.
- For aesthetic qualities, cornices and moldings of polyurethane can be compared only with gypsum products.Polyurethane foam, even in many ways superior to plaster moldings, as products made of it have a clear relief, and complex shapes.
- In addition, the surface should be primed with plaster and paint, while, skirting foam in color is not needed.They initially have a snow-white color, and the application of paint or gilt is dictated only by the aesthetics of the interior.
design of the room in which the ceiling painting skirting fully justified, you can see in the example above.
- Of all the above, it becomes clear that choosing cornices and moldings to be, knowing how it will be carried out finishing decoration.Sold foam skirting two-meter segments.
Calculate the right amount is not difficult, but we should not forget that when you are cutting corners are bound to waste.So, you need to buy with a small margin.The price of the product depends on its width, and of course, the complexity of the shape and topography.
- At the time of mounting ceiling cornices, walls and ceilings must be aligned, sanded and treated soil.Their surfaces must be dry and free of dust flying.
Before stick skirting, layout work to orient, which will be the whole article, and where necessary to put transoms.You can immediately take measurements of elements to traverse the outer corners, if present in the room.
- Begin installation from the corner.As we have said, you can cut the foam product and a knife, but the quality of the cut, there may be unsatisfactory. If possible, use the carpenter's miter box or miter saw.Although
perfect right angles in the room - a rare phenomenon, so often have to do the fitting, and customized baseboard in place.
Mount polyurethane products can be on the "liquid nails", but it is best to use specially designed for that seam adhesive.It is applied in the grooves on the back side of the plinth, tightly pressed, and fixed to the setting time of the adhesive masking tape.Segments of adhesive tape glued to a distance of 15-20 cm, and removed them a day later.