finishing in the bathroom quite a simple process.If the walls are selected only moisture resistant and practical materials, the ceiling surface can be any, but is also desirable water-resistant.
As a rule, very popular painting of the ceiling in the bathroom.To this end, a variety of such material and pick it not be difficult.
Choosing paint for the ceiling surface in the bathroom
In order to efficiently and accurately paint the ceiling surface in the bathroom will need to initially choose a colorful tool.
Council.The most important thing to paint was water-resistant as well as pairs of very light and rises.
From this ceiling may start to deform.It is also worth considering the high humidity in the bathroom.
How to paint the ceiling in the bathroom?
there on the market a large selection of colors, which differ in their functionality:
- Acrylic paint.
- silicone paint.
- Silicate paint.
method of their application also dif
vodoemulsionku has excellent technical characteristics and has been used for many years for finishing ceiling surfaces, not only in the bathroom, but also in any other room.It creates the effect of whitewashed ceiling is applied on any surface.
- This type of moisture-resistant paint and is considered an excellent coating for finishing ceilings in the bathroom, especially in the bathroom.
- It is eco-friendly and bezopsnoy.It will be possible to attach a variety of water-based paint shades.
- For this there is a large selection of pigments that are added directly into the paint.
Council.Wash recommended such a surface is not very often, because the paint is based on water and can be washed off freely.Clean dirt on the surface of the paint must be very careful not to damage the appearance of the ceiling structure.
price for this type of paint is quite affordable.
This paint is today considered the most popular.She also, like vodoemulsionku applied on any surface, and applied very easy and simple.
Acrylic paint is a type of water-dispersion paints.
advantages of acrylic paint:
- Acrylic paint for the ceiling in the bathroom has a large range of shades.
- The surface will accumulate moisture, as the paint is not able to absorb moisture or various pollution.
- The surface, which is coated with a paint can very easily cleaned.
Council.Wash often such a surface is not recommended, since its basis is water, which can simply be absorbed in rags while the paint will start to lose its color.
- It should be noted that the paint could very well delay the various cracks and even smooth out minor irregularities.
- The main advantage is that acrylic paint in its composition has anti-fungal components that do not give the ceiling surface mold from excessive moisture.
Latex paint is a form of acrylic paint.It is more elastic and can freely migrate cleansing damp cloth.
This type of paint combines all the properties of silicate and acrylic paint tools.It has excellent technical characteristics.
advantages of silicone paints:
- paint has a high vapor permeability.
- surface that is painted with the use of this type of paint will not absorb moisture, so the paint forms a waterproof film.
- Also it will not accumulate a variety of pollution.
- silicone paint brings great temperature differences.
- paint very flexible and relatively easy to apply to any surface.Using a paint safe.
- It is able to block the cracks on the surface, the width of about 2-3 mm.
Council.To cover the surface of the ceiling in the bathroom is better to give preference to this type of paint, because due to its composition at the surface will not form a variety of fungal diseases due to high humidity.
As a rule, this type of paint is applied to all means of mineral surfaces.For example, it is widely used to cover plastered or before the whitewashed ceiling.
advantages of silicate paints:
- Due to the composition of this ink on the surface will not occur in a variety of fungal diseases.
- It is less elastic, but is able to close small cracks in the ceiling surface.Apply it quite easily.
Council.Before using silicate paints have to treat the entire surface of the ceiling silicate primer.
Choice surface: matte or glossy
What paint to paint the ceiling in the bathroom: matte or glossy (sm.Glyantsevaya paint for the ceiling: advantages and features of the application)?At the moment, modern manufacturers began to produce paints, which have not only a variety of colors, but also what kind of surface will be after applying the paint.There
- deep matt.
surface due to such properties may look different:
- matte paint on the ceiling surface can easily hide the defects ceiling.What can be said about the glossy that can only underline and make them more visible.
Council.If you want to use a glossy ceiling paint, the surface will need to be leveled.
- glossy finish reflects light, and thus little room bathroom is becoming visually more.It is necessary to take into account that the ceiling, which is covered with glossy paint is easy to clean and can be washed with any detergent.
- If the ceiling surface, which will be exposed painting is not ideal, you should opt for matte paint.Clean the surface to be a bit more difficult.
The photo shows examples of matte and glossy surface of the ceiling in the bathroom.
Paint the ceiling in the bathroom
Before you begin the process of staining the ceiling surface in the bathroom need to implement a series of preparatory work, which affect the quality of the painting.
Preparatory work on the ceiling surface
to the surface of the paint, it is necessary to make it smooth, as there are types of paint that will emphasize defects ceiling.
carry out such actions is possible using:
- Application of the plaster is quite popular.For sale is a means dry and to make high-quality solution for plastering surfaces have special instructions on the package.
According to it and added to the dry mixture of a certain amount of water.Use drywall
- more practical way.To carry out the alignment of the surface in this way can their own hands.
mounted on drywall manufactured on the surface of the metal profile frame.Then the joints sheets shpaklyuyut.
can then be painted.
Council.If the paint surface is ready and requires no additional actions, it must be washed and cleaned of dust, and after that - primed.
process of painting the ceiling in the bathroom
How to paint the ceiling in the bathroom?The whole process is quite simple, and it can carry out on their own.
You will need:
- Brush (small size).
- Roller (natural fibers).
- special containers for paint.
Council.Finishing work on the ceiling must be carried out when the wall has not yet been processed.This may spoil the surfacing material on the surface of the walls.
Stages and methods of application:
- application method depends on its composition.For example, water-based paint must be applied in small layers and try to get on the surface in the process does not appear gaps in painting.
If they are still there, you will not have to paint them immediately.This may affect the quality of the finishing works.
- If the paint is acrylic, silicate or silicone, the method of application is not too different from the method of application vodoemulsionku.Only these types of paint more flexible.
- begin the painting process would be better from the front door.For this purpose the roller, which is pre-dipped in a container of paint is good and blotted to avoid ink drips means on the ceiling and walls.
Council.When applying the paint to perform all the movements on the surface of the ceiling must be smoothly and evenly distribute the paint.
- roller surface and evenly distribute the paint on it.But in some places on the ceiling can not exercise prokrasku due to the size of the roller.For this reason, in this case, use a brush.
- first coat of paint is applied to the small size.After that take several hours to paint has dried well.
then painting the surface should be assessed and to determine exactly where there are defects in the paint.
- second layer should also have a small size.He applied the same instrument.The third layer is applied to the ink applicator means if necessary.
As shown, the third layer in the modern paint is applied in rare cases.
Council.Water-based paint is best applied to the surface of giposkartonnuyu and acrylic - on plastered.
In order to avoid questions about how to properly and accurately paint the ceiling in the bathroom, you can see the video, which shows the whole process works from start to completion.