Repair work in the room and are characterized by not only the right choice of finishing materials, but also the tools to use them.Usually, controversial issues always arise from the design of the ceiling surface, which at the moment can be a tension, plastered, pasted or painted, but paint the ceiling of how best to roll?
What determines the choice of roller
What better roller to paint the ceiling?It's pretty simple.
Selecting this type of tool depends on the quality of the paint and its features.Also, do not remove from the accounts and the quality of the surface.So
- The simplest is to color the plaster surface that is capable of receiving any type of paint.
Council.Before you paint the drywall necessarily need to be primed it with a special tool.
with plaster, the situation is a bit more complicated, since it after the paint is able to absorb it and to the choice of the means necessary to approach in more detail, as well as to the choice
Varieties tool such as a roller
How to choose a roller to paint the ceiling?To begin with an assessment of all properties and qualities of the existing types of instrument.
rollers for painting the ceiling can be:
- domestic production.
Many just do not understand what the difference between them.The main difference between the import of domestic roller tool is that it has a much smaller size, but also for those coats and those substantially similar.
There is a large selection of rolls at the moment, they can be classified according to:
- pen size.
- drum size and its design.
- Quality coat.
The photo shows examples of tools.
Council.Before you decide which cushion necessary for painting the ceiling, you need to select it such a size, which will be more convenient to work.On this depends not only the quality of the painting, but also the speed of the work.
Consider the details:
- with manufacturers is clear.But the size of the handle can be varied.Its length
begins with and ends 30 cm by 50 cm. It is dimensioned to be advantageous for ease of operation.
- Regarding imported rollers of the handle can be 15 cm. Accordingly, the drum itself is less.
This type of instrument is not used for a large-scale painting the ceiling.They performed works by painting the interior decorative elements.
- size drum roller is also opposed.it may be from 20 cm to 40 cm. This is a standard tool dimensions which are most often used in the repair work.
Sometimes you can meet a larger size, but to apply a bead on their own are not too comfortable.What is needed
- roller to paint the ceiling?Painting with it should not just have a good lie down on the surface, but also evenly distributed on it.
Features and Benefits rollers:
- uniform distribution of the composition of the paint on the surface.If you choose the right type of instrument, the problems with such works will not arise.
- good absorbency.Roller must absorb ink so that its excess can be easily removed by a special container.
- Practicality - to use an air tool is much easier and more convenient than a simple paint brush.
- Increasing the speed of the paint work, as the drum roll is able to capture a large part of the surface than with a brush.
Along with the many advantages, there are disadvantages of such a tool:
- If the pen roll of plastic, it will not be able to withstand a lot of pressure on myself.
- Some manufacturers of fixing the drum is not too high quality and in the process of staining the surface can be left without a tool in the hands.
- not possible to paint the hard to reach areas on the surface of the ceiling.These are the coal and ceiling moldings, since the roller can only be used on a flat surface.
- In some cases, the price of such a tool is slightly overpriced.But again, it all depends on the manufacturer and the name of its market reputation.There are rollers that are cheap, but the quality of them does not suffer.
- drum on the roller can be fixed with one hand or two.Fixing a unilateral tool does a universal, as it gives the opportunity to change the quality of the coat of the drum and its size.
- If the drum is fixed on two sides, the roller can be used only with one type of coat.
- The main advantage of the coloring tools is that they are after the series of works on the painting surface can easily be cleaned.
Council.To clean the roller from paint or any other means will suffice to place it in a container of water, in the case of water-based paint or solvent - in case of use of other coloring agents.
worth noting that the roller with any quality coat should not be polluted in the state for a long time.From this structure will spoil his coat, and even have the option not to use the cushion in the future.
Sometimes 30 minutes is enough instrument to come into disrepair.
Types of coats roller
Roller ceiling can be:
- with natural fur.
- with synthetic.
Ceiling how better to paint roller:
- In most cases, preference is given to natural fibers on the drum.
- only a drum able to evenly distribute the paint on the surface and thereafter never left traces of paint, both on synthetic rollers.
- But it still all depends on the quality of the paint and the surface.
Note.Using artificial drum instruments have the ability to create with the help of coloring agents are not smooth and embossed surface.
Types drums rollers:
- fur and velor.
Fur rollers and their properties
the question of how best roller to paint the ceiling, most people will answer that with a natural bristle brush roller.
- This type of tool is different from all the others, not only their properties, but also functionality.
- Natural fibers are able to absorb the paint very well.But they perform such functions until the moment when the fur has a drum filled with a coloring agent.
- That is, the excess of paint rollers with fur on the surface there will be little.
- They are very easily squeezed in a special container for coloring surfaces.They also evenly distribute the paint.After they have no trace, because they are soft.
There are several types of fur rollers:
- With a little nap.
- with an average length of pile.
- with a long nap.
range of their application is quite wide.They are used not only for paint, but also for a varnish.
With velor roller, you can create on the surface topography.To do this, there is even a specific instructions according to which intermittent motion platen performed and smooth.
Council.This type of roller in any case can not be left in the raw state, even for a few minutes.
Since it natural, then clear it then it will be quite difficult.From this port, the quality of the tool and its functionality.
Foam rollers and their benefits
How better to paint ceiling roller?In some cases, it would be better to use a foam roller.It has some good properties and quality.So
- This roller can also be evenly distributed on the surface of the coloring agent.
- is also possible to create and relief.
How it works:
- by rolling the roller over the surface of her bubbles are dyes, which then burst.Thus it turns pupyristaya surface.
- Foam has a high absorbency.Rollers with a drum of this material is also easy to squeeze and almost on the surface do not leave traces.
Council.Use a foam roller best with oil-based paint, which has a dense structure.What a roller
choose to paint with acrylic paint the ceiling?Typically, this foam drums instrument.
Polyacrylic rollers and polyamide
- What is needed roller for painting the ceiling and giving it color heterogeneity?
- For this purpose, polyacrylic and nylon rollers, which are structural and constitute a drum which is wound a rope.
Due to this structure, the ceiling surface is made original.
How to paint ceiling roller
All actions on painting the ceiling surface is easy to perform with their hands, as they are not particularly difficult.
You will need:
- roller and brush.
- tank promakivaniya paint.
- dry cloth.
- originally prepared surface.It is well cleared.
it is necessary in some cases, wash and dry.She then primed special means to provide a stronger ligament paint the surface.
- After these works you can start painting the surface.The roller is lowered into the container, which poured paint and rolled it well so that it engorged means.
then blotted on the surface of the container to remove excess paint.
- on the ceiling roller runs along the entire perimeter.Movement should be smooth.
If there are gaps in the painting, then paint over them at once is not necessary.Thus, it is possible to obtain the uneven staining ceiling.
best to wait for the complete drying of the first layer of paint, and apply a second.
- All corners or other hard to reach areas not paint roller and paint brush.
Council.Work on coloring inaccessible places on the ceiling surface is best done initially before the main color across the surface.
You can watch the video, which shows the process of staining the ceiling surface.