What color to paint the ceiling?Speaking of which, without considering the idea of interior design as a whole, it would be wrong.
If you want to get away from the stereotype in the ceiling finish should think not only on the coloring, but also the shape, topography, backlit.But still, the main tool of the designer is vast palette of colors that can be combined in different variations.
Therefore, we will discuss not only the combination of colors on the ceiling, but also consider some concepts of interior design, bringing relevant photos and video examples, as well as, a table of the most successful color combinations.
create a harmonious interior is not easy.To choose the right color, and adjust the space of the room, you need to have creative thinking, taste, certain knowledge.
Remember that the main thing when choosing a color - a sense of proportion!If it is you have to learn the basics of design art will be much easier.
And before you plaster, plasterboard or wooden ceiling, "In what color to paint?".
Principles of selection
answer to this question can not be unique, because a lot depends on the configuration and lighting facilities, its destination, altitude, personal perception of being in him as a man.Referring to the basics of design.
At the selection of colors used most often, two principles.The first one is based on the contrast, the second - on the use of the same color but in different shades.This method of decoration is called the principle of similarity.
- color in the interior is not served separately, it must always interact to create a certain flavor.Shades of conventionally divided into warm and cold, which may be even within the same color scheme.
Take, for example, green turquoise belongs to the cool shades, and lime - a warm palette.And if we were talking about the color temperature, let's think about what color to paint the ceiling to get a cool shade.
- One of the most popular shades of green can be considered celadon.It belongs to the cold palette and is used primarily in the design of the room in a nautical theme - often, it is children and bathrooms.
Marine theme often present in the architectural style of Provence, which are made in such a manner lounges.
- In this example you can see just such a finish.Turquoise-beamed ceiling with white in hue echoes the furniture, lampshades and textiles.
A contrast to him is a wall of dark blue color.It should be noted that the perception of color man depends largely on the climate of the region where he lives.
- Cool shades of blue and green in the decoration more harmonious in the southern latitudes dominated by high temperatures - they symbolize freshness, sea freshness.But a person living in a cold climate zone, coolness and freshness is unlikely to please.
in his home should prevail warm shades, compensate for the lack of heat, light and vegetation.
To achieve this goal, the color of the ceiling is chosen in a warm palette.This can be a shade of the young leaves, mustard, eucalyptus.
What is most interesting variation of a green color scheme perfectly harmonize with the yellow and orange colors, creating the same color required in cold climates.
only orange-brown palette of more than 30 colors: terracotta, apricot, caramel coffee, orange - and all are countless.Their combination can create in the interior "cheerful light."
Here, a sense of proportion, and the need in the first place:
- It is not necessary to make a colorful ceiling.It may be, for example, monotonous, but the interior colors - belong to different colors.
And if the supply of color made metered, no-frills, bright colors to liven up the ceiling space without making it too variegated.
- And so boring it will not be exact.At the top you can see an example of the interior, the design of which focuses on the furniture of different colors.It brings variety to the kitchen ceiling and walls are painted in a single tone, chosen from among the avant-garde hues.
- Being accepted for painting the ceiling with his hands (see: How do roller to paint the ceiling), do not experiment with some bright color, until you are sure that it will fit harmoniously into the interior.Try to first create a sketch.
advanced computer users to help in this program, with the help of which you can also simulate and shape of the ceiling.
- choosing, for example, the color of the ceiling in the bedroom, keep in mind that bright and aggressive colors should not fall into the field of view of a man resting.And if you want to make a bright accent in the interior, let it be a wall in the bed headboard.
to ceiling bedroom is better to choose pastel shades, you can even darker, use a neutral coloring.
- neutral colors include: white, black and all shades of gray.They never go out of fashion, are widely used for creating a contrast, and as the dominant color.
white color of the ceiling are nothing new - it is, as they say, a classic of the genre.The ceiling is black is less common, but for the bedroom, for example, is a wonderful option.His only need to properly beat color wallpaper and textiles.
So it does not matter the color of the ceiling, and most importantly, how it interacts with the walls and furnishings. Speaking of cooperation: in order to space the room was organized, it is necessary to place accents, dividing it into zones.
This should get some kind of composition, but otherwise did not achieve harmony.Layout of the apartment or house plays an important role, depends on the height and configuration of the room.
geometry in the design of the ceiling
Even in cramped conditions, the room can and should be divided into zones, and most of it is done by creating a suspended ceiling structure.With it, you can not just space zoning, but also to adjust its volume, creating a convex or concave shape, symmetrical and asymmetrical elements, chamfered corners and smooth transitions from the ceiling to the wall.
- example, symmetrical shapes on the ceiling are perceived as a whole.They are able to make a large room visually more compact.
Asymmetry symbolizes freedom, and makes an interesting interior.It is this reception are designers when creating a resonating ceiling structures in a small room.
- asymmetry can be in changing the size of the figures, with the saved form.All these techniques are used in the design of plasterboard ceilings.
This color ceilings are chosen on the principle of contrast.For example: black - white, yellow - brown, purple - purple, etc.The emphasis may be placed on the perimeter of a shape or ceiling boundaries levels at the locations of fixtures.
- Contrast can be the whole area of the figure or the caisson.To do this often use flowers on the ceiling.
It can be molded or plaster figure in the shape of a flower - respectively painted or covered with gold leaf.Very popular in the ceiling design of the tension fabric with floral print, as well as stained glass with photo printing.Elegant looks and painting: hand or screen.
- Selecting colors, as well as the shape or pattern, is dependent on the purpose of the room, or a floor, and the status of its occupant.It would be ridiculous to make a flower on the ceiling in the home office or in a room of a teenage boy.With their design increasingly turning to geometric patterns, and the most popular of these is the stripe.
- bands on the ceiling give the room not only originality, but also allow you to visually adjust its size.The strips are usually placed across the short side, and their colors are combined or finished walls or curtains or furniture.
the example from above, you can see a beautiful example of this decoration of the ceiling.For striping using a stencil, which can be self-cut from a sheet of plywood or cardboard.The price of such a finish is almost no impact on your budget.
- Most often, colored ceilings make in children's rooms - and this is understandable.Kids love all the bright, but that does not mean you have to use in the decoration of all the colors of the rainbow.
Best option for the interior - the three primary colors.Additional colors better to use, for example as a panel on a wall.
The well thought-out interior and a sufficiently bright stripes along the junction of the wall and ceiling to the room got an unusual look.
Here is a table of the most successful combinations of colors and shades used for interior decoration:
|Basic color||What combine||more shades|
|Blue||Anthracite, herbal, egg yolk, tangerine, fuchsia, red, turquoise, pink and beige, milky, dark brown||+ celadon and ivory|
|Green||eggplant, dark purpleblue, brown, beige and gray||+ summer-autumn range|
|Orange||Cocoa, gray, cherry, cream Brylle, coral, mint green, salmon, Marengo||+ pale blue shades|
|Purple||turquoise blue, herb, lemon, bottle, mustard marsh, purple, smoky, lime||+ gray variants of different saturation|
|Red||Milk, dark gray, olive, orange, mint,Quartz, apricot, chestnut||+ all the variations of green|
|White||Flamingo, blueberry, lime, lemon-yellow, black, coffee, brick|
|Pink||Herbal, champagne, dark grapes,red rose, peach||+ all shades of gray|
|Purple||melon, coffee with milk, Rowan, green apple, blueberry, smoky|
|Grey||indigo, azure, strawberry, bottle, agate, cream, mustard, olive, egg yolk||Pink and red colors|
|Brown||cocoa with milk, gold, mahogany, lemon, herbal, champagne, apricot, pumpkin|
order not to err in the selection and combination of colors when buying paint color is best to use a directory that is in every company that sells paint products. In fact, it is the manufacturer's instructions, explaining the consumer how to balance the neutral shades with bright shades so as to produce a harmonious combination.
Typically, the buyer offered samples palettes that let you see firsthand how some colors interact with each other.