market of finishing materials, regularly updated with all sorts of new products, makes many of us forget that the usual Water paint for walls and ceilings, tinted, and the right kind of shades that would make anyInterior unforgettable.Remind me about this - our task.
In this article we will discuss how to latex paint for the ceiling can be used in interior design, we will offer you the video, as well as some interesting solutions for the interior decoration.
What you need to know about water-based paints
Feature manufacturing waterborne paints, it is to provide aqueous emulsions of different types of resins and other binders.Besides them, the ink composition include pigments and substances that prevent their precipitation: stabilizers, emulsifiers, plasticizers.
From that which components used in the manufacture of a given ink depends on the properties of the final product, and, of course, its price.Before we talk about design, we will tell a little bit ab
|Variety interior waterborne paints||Brief characteristics|
|Polyvinylacetate water-based paints||In fact, PVA emulsion - is a latex paint for the ceiling.This is the cheapest option: it is suitable for any reason, but is unstable to moisture, which is its main drawback.This coating is a long time, so the interior design is not used.|
|Acrylic water-based paints||acrylic paint can be called the most popular paint products used for walls and ceilings.She is not afraid of moisture, so it's perfect not only for living rooms, but also for kitchens and bathrooms.The coatings have good abrasion resistance, do not respond to UV light, therefore sufficiently durable.|
|Latex, water-dispersed emulsion|| Dispersions Latex belong to an elite type of paint.They are more flexible, light fastness and completely non-toxic.Besides, latex emulsions are very economical. |
There are some options: latex paint for ceilings;for walls and ceilings;facade.In the production of waterborne paints are often used both acrylic and latex - they are called acrylate.
There are a variety of silicone and silicate water-dispersion paints, which for the design of residential interiors almost never used.Such coatings are highly durable and resistant to abrasion and chemical attack.It
expensive paints, which are often used in buildings for special purposes, as well as in the finishing of the exterior walls.
Most interior paints sold in white color, and to them separately sold color scheme.To obtain the desired color is mixed with the paint, but it's not so easy to do as it may seem at first glance.So
- Kohler - it also paint, but she has a very intense color, and white is added to the compositions to achieve the desired shade.In principle, it can be used as a stand alone coating, but not for continuous dyeing and to create contrast, as a design element.
- main thing is to buy the base paint, because some options may not be tinted in dark shades, while others are not subject to this procedure at all.The manufacturer's instructions posted on cans of paint, gives comprehensive information on this subject.The white paint is added to a maximum of 20% of the pigment - more it just will not be able to relate.
- It's not even in the number of used color scheme and its properties.The pigments are organic and inorganic.
first option has the highest brightness, and get a rich hue, like the image below, it is possible only with the help of organic caramel.
- But this type of callers have one drawback: they are not resistant to UV light, and the coating may eventually fade in the sun.Inorganic pigments to the sun's rays are more stable, but do not give a radiant color - here you decide what is best.
- easiest tinted paint in the store, of course, if in the fan from the manufacturer's catalog, which you will certainly be offered, there will your desired shade.According to the formulation of waste, laid down in a computer program, mixing colors is quick and accurate, and, in some trading organizations for it does not even take the money.
- You just have to write the name or number of the shade to be able to order it further - in case of paint is not enough.Computer TINTING paint, no doubt, easier to work, but there are also minuses.
resulting shade to be seen firsthand in the room were stained, given the intensity of its light: both natural and lighting.
- The same tone looks totally different on the big and the small area of the surface, in the daylight, and included the chandelier (sm.Lyustry ceiling wood - do yourself).
While in the store, take into account all of this possible, and to make a mistake with the choice of colors is much easier.Therefore, many manufacturers offer the consumer samplers.
- But if you want to design some rare shade type: Veridian, chartreuse, or mint tea, the computer program may not be the right prescription.In this case, engage in coloring paint you have to deal with their own hands, by trial and error.
- We think some advice on the subject will not hurt anyone.First of all, try to buy the paint and pigment single source - so more chances to produce quality tinting, but if he does not have the right color, you can take the other color scheme of the company.
main thing is that it is compatible with the composition of the paint.By mixing a large amount is required to be used mixer.
- operational supply plastic capacity required volume.It is better if it is measured, ie printed on the wall of the gradation.
So it will be convenient to measure the number of base paint.It is important to know exactly what proportion of the paint used, so you can exactly replicate a second party if the amount that was originally tinted, is not enough.
- Before you start mixing the primary volume, you also make the first probe.For this purpose, it is more convenient to use a disposable plastic cup.
Measure in a glass, for example, 100 ml of ink.Dial color scheme in medicine dropper, or better yet - in the syringe.Enter a drop of pigment, each time stirring the paint, and do it for as long as you get the desired shade.
- When you reach the desired result, paint a small section of the base surface (see: How do roller to paint the ceiling).If it is sheathed with plasterboard, it is possible to experiment on a piece of GCR, applying it to the wall or ceiling.
If the surface turned a shade lighter than you need, add more pigment.Just be sure to get the desired tone, you can start coloring of the main volume.
Importantly, do not forget to write down how many drops, and for a number of paint was added.According to the rules, when mixing a large volume of ink, the amount of caramel is reduced by 20%, compared with the prototype.
Once the basic structure is ready, you need more time to make a test staining, and only then you can start to perform painting works.
Possible use of paint in the interior
When it comes to interior design, for finishing surfaces can be used one color for the walls and ceiling, but most often performed combining several shades.This may be a game of few colors of paint on the photo below what is called the principle of similarity in design.So
- combined and well blended shades of different spectra.Their selection is not made spontaneously, you need to carefully consider not only the color scheme of the ceiling and walls, but also how they will be combined with flooring, furniture, curtains, accessories.Only such an approach to the interior design can be called design.
- To create the colors of the interior does not need to invent a "bicycle", but you can use ready-made tables that are full on the Internet.Use in the interior of a particular color may be due to many factors.This purpose of the room, and its size and the quality of natural light.
- great importance in the creation of color interior solutions, has chosen for its design architectural style.For example, opting for the Scandinavian version of the design, which is dominated by white, tinted paint and did not need it.
- At first glance it might seem that the room with white walls and ceiling will look too dull, but it is not.The interior can be customized with the help of furniture, textiles bright, contrasting photos with a frame on the wall.
White, as well, and black, and gray, refers to neutral colors.Therefore, their combination - a win-win.
- only gray color in this "company" stands out because it has many shades.They are well combined both with each other and with many shades of other color schemes.
Not to be unfounded, we give an example design of a living room, where the basis is taken the white color, combined with different variants of gray saturation.
- Please note that in the interior, on the ceiling and on the wall, used a complex technique of staining.That is, there is a continuous coating of paint - one color from wall to wall, and to insert in the form of contrasting stripes.
To get clear boundaries between different colors, the surface is first painted in light color and allow it to dry completely.
- Then, using a level and yarn dyeing, marking lines perform stripes - for them will be bonded masking tape.This is done so that a contrast dye is not merged with fair basis.Who is interested in this issue, it is best to watch the video.
- Generally, the band in the interior looks very creative.They can be wide, narrow, vertical and horizontal, and the broken lines.
option for this design you can think of a lot.It is not necessary to paint the room - need only one wall or a small section of it.The ceiling with applied stripes on it, too, looks very interesting.
- Moreover, longitudinal or transverse layout stripes can visually adjust the width or length of the room.Such techniques are often used by designers to design the base of the ceiling, but there is also suspended construction of plasterboard (see: How do make a ceiling of plasterboard with their hands), whose finishing time, in the vast majority, is performed using all of the same, with water-based paint.
Here, too, it can be done multi-colored, but more often, it is only a contrasting line focuses on the limits of the ceiling, dimensional figure or shape of the caisson.Anyway, latex paint has been and remains one of the main materials for decoration and design ceilings.
Just on our website you can learn about how to choose wallpaper for painting.