Which paint is best for the ceiling?So, or something like this, it sounds the question most often asked by those who are going to make their own hands in the house repairs or finish primary.
answer it clearly can not be, because a lot depends on the quality of the base purpose of the premises, as well as its design as a whole.One thing is for sure: the best paint for the ceiling of the one that perfectly fits the color of the interior!
How to avoid mistakes in the selection of paint
When it comes to paint for ceilings, most often refers to the concrete floor.But the surface are different.
Paint can on concrete, plaster, wood, plasterboard, etc.And when you consider that the areas have different purposes, and the paint must be used at the same time different.
- There is a huge variety of paint products, focused on painting of different types of grounds.From the choice of embodiment depends not only decorative, but also the physical and mechanical characteristics of the coating as a whole.And the quality of work produced painting plays an important role.
In this article we will talk about those colors that are perfect for decoration of offices, residential and ancillary facilities.
Advantages water-based paints
for interior works better suited water-soluble paint, and here's why.Firstly, they can be applied to all kinds of surfaces other than metal.
One component of the paint is water, and it contributes to the corrosion of the metal:
- Secondly, when painting is no pungent smell that does not erode a few days.Besides, to remove the old latex paint with a ceiling or wall, it does not require any cleaning agents, and solvents.It is enough to wet it and 10 minutes later you can remove with a spatula.There is
- and third.The vast majority of waterborne paints off the assembly line in white color, and are sold separately to them saturated Kohler rainbow.Thanks to this division, you can create virtually any existing shade of paint that is incredibly convenient for interiors by staining.
- ceiling color in fashion today - it is very beautiful, of course, if properly chosen shades and accents are made.In the course of this article will present a few photos, which can provide you an excellent idea for the design of water-emulsion paint the entire interior, and not just the ceiling.
- This type of design (sm.Dizaynerskie ideas for ceiling - make a choice) on aesthetics is not inferior to many other options, and its reasonable price for a long time holding the palm - always cheaper to paint other decorative coatings.Especially as tinting services, many stores offer their customers free of charge.In principle, you can mix the colors and hands.
We think these criteria is sufficient to understand what the best paint for the ceiling.Especially since the water-based paints, too, are different, and you can choose the appropriate option, as they say, for all occasions.
Types of water-based paints
is hardly an adult who does not know about the existence of water-based paint.But not everyone knows that it is not the same, and its characteristics may vary as a "heaven and earth".Therefore, let us explain: emulsion - is a molecular mixture of two liquids that just can not be mixed.Thus
- In the case of paint, this compound is water which is a dispersion medium and polymer resin is a dispersed phase.That material, which is used as the dispersed phase, and determines the properties of the emulsion.Therefore, more correctly, refer to such water-dispersion paint.
- vodoemulsionku often referred to as PVA-based paint.She is the ancestress of aqueous emulsions, as it is with it all started.Polyvinyl acetate emulsion quickly gained popularity due to its cheapness.And the fact that remove paint even easier than the cause, only contributed to this.
- But this paint has one very significant drawback.We cover a small life: from the sun is yellow, there are divorces from moisture and mold - so it has to be updated annually.In the struggle for the buyer, which is the quality of the coating is not always suit manufacturers are thinking about how to improve it.
- this task nothing better cope polymers , since they are not afraid of moisture and UV light.So there paints based latex, acrylic, silicone, polyurethane.Endowed with water-based paint for its remarkable properties, these substances are allowed to leave it to the next level of the consumer.
- Today is not just paint the ceiling whitewash, and the material with which to carry out registration of premises, not only the budget.Designers are increasingly turning to this type of finish, harmoniously combining several shades of interior paint.
- Paints polymer resins have a certain flexibility, may be not only dull but glossy.They are not so easily removed from the surface of the repair, but also to do it too often do not have.The main advantage of acrylic paints in that the surface can be cleaned with detergents.
- Due to its flexibility, this paint fills the pores and microcracks on the surface to be painted.Hence, the efficiency of water-dispersion paints: if the base prepared for painting properly, it is enough to apply only one layer.
- Paints, silicone and polyurethane is at a premium: with their help when painting can hide even the appearance of cracks and other defects are minor base.Such a coating can not only be washed, cleaned and abrasive powders.It has fire resistance and is highly resistant to mechanical stress.
- Accordingly, the cost of such dispersions is much higher than other types of paint.This is great for bathrooms and kitchens - and in general, silicone and polyurethane paint often used for facades and industrial buildings.
Many people wonder: What is different from the color of the ceiling, which is painted wall:
- much difference between them and most of the water-dispersion paints are universal.They are called the interior design, that is designed for interior walls and ceilings.The inscription on the jar of paint "ceiling" means only that it is a little more liquid (for the convenience of working with a spray), and a high level of whiteness.
- on the package and write - super white.Such paints are usually worse tintable, and are only used to whitewash the ceiling.
we think we fully answer the question: "What is best for the latex paint the ceiling?".These nuances are usually explained on the package instructions - read it carefully before buying the paint, not too relying on the competence of sellers.
- We can only add that completely non-toxic water-based paints and water vapor permeability, which is especially important for homes.One liter of economical water-based paints, should be enough for 6m2 area.
And we must remember that there is a separation of paint on the type of the painted surface.There is a difference between the base plaster, plasterboard, wallpaper for painting or wooden facing.
last option, and will be the topic for the next chapter.
paints for wooden ceilings
Board, which is often used for filing the ceilings, too, can be painted with latex paint.But it completely hides the natural texture of wood, and not everyone likes it.
But it is a matter of taste:
- For example, in a room like the kitchen, wooden ceiling, painted a bright opaque paint, looks very good.As an example, we offer the following photos.
- And here, as is usually the case, there is one "but."Wood has a strong absorption capacity.To minimize this effect, it must be primed before painting, as indeed any other basis.And still, the consumption of water-based paints for wood will be higher than on plaster or plasterboard.
Alkyd paints for wood
Dark wood, in contrast to the white plaster covering, painted over more difficult.Therefore, for painting wooden ceiling of alkyd paints better use - they have a higher hiding power.In addition, most alkyd paints are "two in one": paint, primer or paint-antiseptic.
- for wood is a godsend.The main thing - to make sure that the enamel is intended for him.While many options and more suitable for metal surfaces.There are many types of alkyd paints but use on wood, mainly enamel PD produced by using Nitrocellulose lacquer.
- addition of pigments that determine the color, these colors may be other additives: marble powder, silica fume, pearl.Thus obtained ink with a decorative effect.The design of the ceiling it might look something like the image above.
- alkyd enamel are ready to eat, and have a fairly wide range of shades.In addition, bright and rich colors can create accents and contrasts.Especially beautiful it looks in suspended ceilings.Alkyd coatings durable and versatile.
This paint is not afraid of no water, no sun - which means that you can not just paint the ceiling in a room, but also in the sauna, outside on the porch, summer kitchen, and terrace.Here is the answer to the question: "What is the best paint to paint the ceiling, lined with wood?".
impregnation and toning
What distinguishes wooden ceiling from all the other reasons, so it's natural texture, which does not need to hide, and stress.
Therefore, when it is not about painting a fence or rafters, and finishing on wood surfaces indoors, preference is given to the most variants of colors, which are capable to do it.That is, they need to be translucent, but tinted effect.
- There is a great variety of options.First of all, it is blue with decorative effect, and impregnating varnishes.Primarily, they are to protect wood from rotting, and only secondly, improve the aesthetics of the surface.This wood grain remains visible, but its surface is toned;the coating has a gloss and feel silky smooth.
- for decorative wood apply various colored varnishes, incidentally, also alkyd.Though they are transparent, but a solid form on the surface of the protective film, which may differ in the degree of gloss.Any formulations with an aqueous or synthetic basis, called glazing.
- They penetrate deep into the interior of the wood fiber prokrashivaya it.This so-called stain.With their help, even a cheap wood will acquire the color of walnut, rosewood or mahogany.If the skin has been used valuable species of wood, it is sufficient only to emphasize its natural beauty.
- This design will look elegant and respectable - and here's a good example of such a finish wooden ceiling.Irregularity absorption composition has its advantages: it seems so natural wood color.If desired, after impregnation of the surface can reveal the glossy varnish.
say for sure what the best paint to paint the ceiling, whether it's wood paneling, or a leveling screed, it is impossible.Much depends on the operating conditions and the design of the ceiling as a whole.For example, for coloring polyurethane or plaster moldings, convenient to use alkyd paints aerosol.
for wallpaper for painting is excellent most common vodoemulsionku PVA-based .For wood, except for those kinds of paints, which we have already mentioned, there is also colored waxes, oils, patina, beytsevye compounds, plant-based stains that you can prepare yourself.
who are interested in looking for materials on this topic, which are also available on our website.See also a video from the professionals.Learn from them to choose the right paint and assemble shades - and you will finish no worse than what you have seen on the example given in the course of this article.