In either rectangular or square room to calculate the ceiling, or rather its area is a snap.But how to calculate the perimeter of the ceiling, if the room has a complex polygonal shape, and the ceiling with significant differences.
calculation of the ceiling needs to be able to calculate the amount of purchased materials.
What is needed for calculating the area
If the room has a ceiling radical swings and complex geometric form, there will need familiarity with sophisticated measuring instruments.Let us consider the example of the ceiling, which is necessary to sheathe plasterboard (plasterboard sm.Obshivka ceiling with his hands).So
- For a start, we calculate the length of the walls to determine the area of the ceiling for the purchase of the necessary amount of drywall.The total amount of purchase determines the length of the wall of wall profile UD, which is required for the crates.
Attention!After doing mistakes and identify the
- Even when the ceiling should be performed under the order, payment still needs to plan the flow of material, even if it is an ordinary painting. If properly calculated, the price could change dramatically in your favor.
- For starters take the usual rectangular shape and calculate the area of a conventional multiplying length times width.Putting 4 6 meters will be S 24 sq.m.As
calculated in this case the perimeter of the roof plane.P = 4X2 + 6x2 = 20 meters.Of course, when buying Profile UD, it is recommended to add a small margin.
How to calculate the square footage of the ceiling if there is room ledges and niches?
In this case, make the drawing of the ceiling, with the maximum respect the proportions of the room.Initially made direct measurements of the walls, then the drawing is divided into rectangles and separately counting area of each rectangle.
How to calculate the square the ceiling in this case?Room mind can be divided into 2 rectangles, squares are summed, and the total amount is displayed.
Option rooms with slanting walls
This is the case when some of the walls do not have angles.Before you calculate the square meter ceiling, calculate the perimeter.
With roulette calculated length of all the walls, and made a sketch of the floor area is calculated:
- difference with the previous example is that you need not to divide the drawing rectangles, and triangles.Then calculate the area of a right triangle, see the photo.
- assume that the walls that are adjacent to the corner is 1.5 and 1m.In this case, S = 1,5h1 / 2 = 0.75 sq.m.
Attention!The configuration of the drawing is divided into three boxes and one right-angled triangle.
calculation of complex multi-level ceiling
familiar situation with multilevel plasterboard ceilings, the task is complicated by the calculation of the material, taking into consideration the differential with straight and broken lines and arcs with different radii.
especially difficult to calculate is curvilinear.In this case, the sum of all the horizontal surfaces is equal to the area of the floor.
recommendations.For more accurate measurements necessary to produce them than close to the ceiling plane.The difference between the floor and ceiling (the area) is much less than the margin for cutting material.
Before you calculate the square meter of the ceiling, calculate the floor area of the conventional method.Measured height and the length of each vertical section.
Where are curved portions must be some work summarizing each fragment arcs.
Then, for each of the vertical section of the ceiling multiply the length of the height.Then add the floor area and the area of benches, arranged vertically.
In this case, the perimeter of the ceiling is equal to the sum of all the segments, with the adjacent walls.
Attention!The accuracy of calculations depends on exactly how much will be calculated curved pieces.Errors of up to 5% does not play a decisive significance.
Instructions how to calculate the strip ceiling
Properly calculating strip ceilings can significantly reduce costs for the purchase of material, especially if the installation is done by hand.
To start with, what it consists of rack ceiling:
- Corner profile.
- carrying bar.
- suspension which is adjustable.
- Cover strip.
To calculate the needed tools:
Given that the area of the floor and the ceiling is the same, you can calculate the area of the floor, so it will be easier.The rectangular shape is calculated by multiplying the length by the width.
Attention!It is recommended for accurate calculation of the length of the wall measured from both sides.
If the room has not correct form, then they are measured separately and added to the area of the rectangular shape.For measurement accuracy better calculate twice and in the opposite direction.
In case of difference necessary to find "golden middle" (composed two results and divided by 2).
Council.When used to measure laser tape measure, please make sure that the direction of the beam is perpendicular to the wall.Slight variations can affect the calculation of the total area.
If the room is wrong with radial walls, it is best to triangulate and circles.
for such measurements is convenient to use the famous formula of Heron:
- S = √ (p (p-a) X (b-b) X (p-s)) (a, b, c, is a part, andp is the perimeter).
- P = (A + B + C): 2.
- S = 0,5hPR circle (P is the radius, and R, is the length of the arc).
After all measurements calculate the perimeter of irregular shape.After all the calculations you can start calculating all the components of the ceiling.So
- To start calculates the amount of angular profiles.To do this, the length of the perimeter of the room is divided by the length of a single profile.
Assume that the length of the room is 20 m, and the length profile of 2.5, then 20 / 2.5 and 8 receive the necessary angular profiles.In our example, it turned out perfect without waste.
Although in reality rarely get the exact number, so it is advisable to buy a stock.
- Then count the number of fasteners.In this case, we divide the perimeter of the ceiling at a distance of fixing the angular profile.
- The next step is to calculate the amount of support rails.We make a drawing of the ceiling and distribute it to the location of the support rails.
placement is made at a distance of 1 m.
- assume that the rectangular room, no more than 3.7 m, and the length of 5.5 meters with a pitch meter.The length of the room is divided by a step profiles and get the number of tires (5.5).
- then determines the required number of adjustable suspensions, per tire will need 4 pieces.This figure is multiplied by the number of tires and the calculated number of decorative strips.
typical rack width is 0.10 m and a length of 3m, respectively.The area is 0.3 square meters
- then the ceiling area divided into the desired number of slats.The resulting number is the minimum, so you need to buy material from stock.
should be remembered that in all calculations is recommended to buy the material with a margin of 10-20%.Thanks to simple formulas and the correct calculation can exactly calculate the area of any ceiling.
recommended to watch video from the pros on how to accurately calculate.
Just on our website you can learn about how to perform the installation of the ceiling panels.