As you know, ceiling moldings in the interior is the finishing touch for finishing ceilings.They can be purchased at almost any store building materials.
nuances at work
standard length is 2 m products, thereby significantly reducing the number of joints that need to seal putty .In fastener material can be used liquid nails, finishing plaster or mounting adhesive.
-finishers Experts recommend buying the baseboards with a small margin, because the length of the room is rarely a multiple of 2m, so the product will have to cut.
as the starting material for the manufacture of decorative moldings used polystyrene foam, which is easy to cut with a knife or an ordinary hacksaw with fine amenities zubyami.Dlya cutting recommend the use of metal joinery rail or miter box, which is used as a template.
Stick skirting their own hands simply because of special skills is not required.
types of ceiling moldings: recommendations on the selection
fillets wet ceiling produced a wide ran
all depends on the way to finishing ceilings and taste of the owner:
- However, for rooms with low ceilings better to use narrow-skirting baguettes as wide visual will lower the ceiling even further.
- If walls and ceilings are covered with wallpaper with floral ornaments, then as a final accent is desirable to use the baseboard with a smooth surface without a pattern.
- Textured patterned product is preferably mounted on plain ceilings, ceiling moldings because the interior is emphasizing element.
- If you encounter difficulties with the choice of ceiling moldings, it is recommended to buy a few pieces of different textures that will make the selection of experimental way.
Installation Tools plinth
You will need:
- a sharp knife or a hacksaw with fine teeth;
- marker or pencil;
- joinery miter box, which is a box with a special slot positioned at a certain angle;
- fastening tool;
- soft sponge .
- moldings one side is attached to the ceiling and the other glued to the wall.
- Because these surfaces are not always sufficiently smooth, the fillet must be installed without deflection, and the resulting gap, sealed putty.
- work starts from the opposite angle from the front door.
Tip!If used for fixing the polymer adhesive, it should be borne in mind that it takes some time setting.Therefore, during this period will have to hold the plinth.
How to cut corners
Some DIY cutting corners ceiling moldings becomes a major problem.Although, to cope with it quite easy if you use the miter box carpentry.
- on boxes are slits arranged at different angles. Typically, cutting angle is approximately 45 °.
order for it to receive the plinth should be put in a box and carefully cut by inserting the saw blade in the right slot.
- more accurate adjustment can be done with a sharp knife.After skirting will be fixed, lateral and angular gap sealed putty, which after drying, the surface is polished with sandpaper.
Tip!Narrow gaps can be sealed not with a spatula, and a paint brush.As you know, ceiling moldings foam interior used more often, since its installation and finishing is simple, and the price accessibility.
How to install stretches skirting
Set short and the fillet can be yourself.If the products are used for finishing the length of 2 m, then the work can attract mates, since the gluing skirting need to hold it from both sides.
Detailed instructions for its installation can be found in your network.
- Glue is applied to the product are not continuous strip, and small touches at intervals of about 100 mm.
- The ends before installing trim, because initially they are not equal.
- joints is desirable to do in the middle of the wall at an angle of 90 °.If the connection is at odds, it must be secure with adhesive tape or pins.
- To skirting along the entire length settled as smoothly as possible is recommended to use a cardboard backing or small pieces of foam.
- If necessary, you can paint the baseboard .
- color chosen depending on the painting of the walls and ceiling.
- Universal is considered a bright palette - from white to beige.
- Since foam absorbs dyes, then in order to get even color need to apply 2-3 coats of paint.
- order not to stain the walls and ceiling paint on the edges of a plinth is necessary to stick masking tape.
photos and videos, which can be found on the Internet, in particular on the video server YouTube, to help in every detail to get acquainted with the process of installing baseboards.