In most cases, installation and painting of the ceiling moldings make the final stages of renovation.However, this can be done before the stickers wallpaper.
However, the question of what to paint the ceiling plinth remains relevant.In order to achieve a good result it is necessary to consider some features of the finishing fillets.What there
ceiling moldings, paint them what and how to prepare the product for installation?
types of ceiling moldings
Modern industry produces several types of fillets:
- also for sale can be found skirting boards made of wood and plaster, whose price is slightly higher.
Most often, artificial material is white in color, and if necessary it can give almost any color that will blend in with the design of the room.
Why baseboard be painted
most obvious reason - a small surface defects, which in bright light will then be evident.
Over time, the material under the influence of sunlight ta
Since polystyrene foam or have a porous structure, the painting will give them a more holistic, complete form.In addition, various dyes perfectly simulate various natural materials as marble, wood, etc.
Installation fillets almost impossible to avoid joints that no subsequent finishing spoil the appearance of the ceiling.
If used for finishing plinths of wood, the finish of paints reliably protect the product from harmful insects and moisture.
What kind of paint to use
order not to spoil the ceiling moldings, paint than it needs to be determined in advance.
Tip!There are some restrictions relating to the painting fillets.For example, it is not recommended to use compositions based on mineral spirits and the like solvents which are capable of dissolving the foam and polyurethane foam.Therefore, it is desirable to use a water-dispersion, latex and acrylic paints.
to select the colors do not need special instruction. desired color dye can be obtained by mixing white and other colors .
Currently, the building hypermarkets represented a wide range of paint palette.
for painting baseboards need their own hands:
- paint brush;gun;
Before you paint the ceiling plinth should carefully prepare their surface, which may be different scratches and dents.In addition, after installation, you must seal the putty the joints and corner joints.
- To do this, use silicone sealant or putties.
- Apply them with a rubber spatula.
- close up joints along the seam, without much effort. excess putty is removed with a damp sponge or a sharp spatula .
- Polishing conduct fine sandpaper after the material is fully cured.
Methods painting baseboards
features and nuances at work:
- most convenient way - a painting of parts to install them in place, as in this case, would be required to closeadjacent surface of the walls and ceiling paint.
- Before painting the ceiling moldings, it should be covered with a layer of soil, the tone of which is chosen according to the color base paint.This work is more convenient to do before installation.
The ceiling paint the baseboards, to obtain a surface without stripes and other defects?You can use the spray or spray-paint finished.You can do it on the floor.
What you need to prepare a place which should shelter with plastic wrap or newspaper.
- When painting baseboards installed brush, walls and ceilings need to protect the paint strips of adhesive tape.For this along fillets glued protective strips, trying to avoid gaps.
In addition, care must be taken so that the adhesive tape does not overlap the surface of the plinth, because after its removal, paint have minor flaws.
Tip!Do not use film tape, because when it is removed, you can seriously damage the finish (he clings so tightly to the surface that it can only tear along with the wallpaper)!
- addition of tape to protect the surface of the ceiling, you can use a wide metal spatula (just for a small piece of cardboard or plastic).During painting, spatula held close to the baseboards, and the other hand with a soft brush applied paint.
porous structure of the material absorbs the dye, so it will have to paint several times.The next layer is applied not earlier than previous dry.
How and what color ceiling moldings master finishers can be seen on the video and photos that are posted on the site.