for repair in the bathroom need to be handled with special responsibility.As you know by choosing construction materials, we must remember that they are moisture resistant, durable, high-quality and are easy to care for.
choosing materials for the ceiling should immediately take care of the baseboards.
increasingly using such ceiling plinth for the bathroom as:
most robust and flexible skirting experienced masters believe polyurethane.Their advantage is that they are perfectly mounted on a variety of adhesives.
At the same time the foam skirting boards quickly and easily mounted to any surface .There is only one drawback of such plinths - they are very fragile and above all when exposed to strong solvents they can quickly collapse.
advantage of polystyrene moldings is that they:
- very light;
- well glued;
- well painted.
moldings bathroom polyurethane
These baseboards are durable and flex
polyurethane, the material is different from the foam resistant to chemicals, and thus the adhesive when working with such moldings will pick up a lot easier.
only drawback of baseboards is the high cost.For many families with an average budget it will seem very expensive.Skilled craftsmen
note that glue the plinth made of polyurethane with no experience alone will not be easy.This material differs from the weight of the foam.
If the ceiling in the bathroom decided to perform a curtain, the ceiling moldings in the bathroom need to be glued to the walls, and it is not so easy to perform.Skirting can not only bend, but may in the future form the gaps between the ceiling and the skirting itself will be ruined, not only look and not sealing.
Cappings ceiling foam
This plinth ceiling bath foam is:
- the cheapest;
- easy to use.
foam material itself is unpretentious and glued to the walls and ceilings is simple.
but has several disadvantages:
- only thing - we must remember that it is fragile and we have to work with him very carefully and accurately.
- Not every glue can be used for gluing foam moldings.
- Some types of adhesive contained in the composition of the chemical elements that can destroy the material.
Tip!Professionals recommend using a special glue Titan, there is another option - to glue the plinth ceiling in the bathroom on the filler.
decorative moldings of polystyrene
Advantages of polystyrene moldings are as follows:
- They are very easy to install, not only, but in the dismantling.
- eco-friendly material.
- color skirting with time not fade and do not change.
- These baseboards will not rot, warp, and crumble.
- not a high price.
- material is easily painted in any color.
- aesthetic appearance, reminiscent of natural materials, namely, such as gypsum
recommendations when choosing a ceiling plinths:
- Preferably choose the most light skirting
- better to choose a plinth is not a narrow and a broad surfacewith a touch of the wall sticker for
- baseboards use special brand of glue, but rather, as follows: The moment Horace, Evroplast (see: How do stick ceiling moldings - process technology).
Sticking ceiling moldings yourself
If you decide to glue baseboards in the bathroom ceiling with his hands, then initially it is necessary to carefully examine a series of instructions.This applies not only how to calculate the amount of footage and baseboards, as well as how to properly cut, pick up the glue.
Technology stickers baseboards
First calculate the perimeter of the bathroom ceiling plinth for the bathroom are usually sold length of 2 metram.Zhelatelno acquire them with a small margin.
happens that the first time it turns out not all the "smooth" and some part may be damaged.When buying, you must immediately decide and the width of the plinth.
In this case, it can be very different.
necessary to immediately think, what means will be used as adhesive.Beginners masters recommend for the first time to use glue, and preference is given to such as "Installation".
start gluing ceiling moldings in the bathroom should be the corners .It is here that lies the whole complexity.
At first glance, everything seems that everything is simple and nothing fancy.Today on sale there are special corners, if they buy, you can solve this problem easily.
But if they do not have suitable, then the corners need to be cut.Usually in such cases are stuslomi hacksaw.
inserting a plinth in the miter box and tightly pressed, cut it at an angle of 45 degrees.How to use the chair, shown in the photo
Next should be the following:
Tip!No need to hurry, just start cutting all the baseboards.Ideal - originally trained on the pieces.
how to make sure that everything was okay, that's when you can safely proceed to the necessary cutting baseboards.
- Let him foam skirting price is not very high, anyway, during repairs often have to buy a lot of different building materials and it happens that every penny from the owners account.
- After the corners all agreed they begin to stick to the wall, ceiling moldings in the bathroom, as a rule, glued to the tile and the ceiling .For this, the surface coat with good adhesive baseboards and tightly pressed against the surface, in this case the wall or ceiling.
remove remaining glue with a soft cloth.Most can be formed small cracks, they are also required to cover a good adhesive.And a little crushing hands to hold.
- Today, there are many recommendations on repairing bathrooms, including relating it stickers decorative moldings.There are all the famous phrase, that it is better to see once than hear a hundred times.
In this case, you can find video instructions, where qualified professionals share their experience, telling and showing all phases of work.
Additional information about decorative moldings
Depending on the material from which made the ceiling in the bathroom, use different design options baseboards.Very often, the ceiling is made of gypsum board, but in this case it is necessary to use a moisture resistant material.
When selecting the material for the ceiling - plasterboard, skirting the best paint to paint.
- After the baseboard in the bathroom ceiling is adhered well, it requires careful zashpatlevat.
- When the putty dries, the surface will need to clean up the sandpaper (better to use small), especially the corners and places where the straps are connected.
- Then all surfaces primed baseboards.
- And then all you can paint over.Often skirting need to paint the color of the ceiling, but rarely dyed and the color of the walls
Although often colored plinth and stretch ceilings and ceilings of plastic panels.This is done when you want to add skirting some particular shade.
If you select the correct plinth bathroom and find a suitable adhesive means, do not be afraid of the upcoming repairs.It is also a good helper for beginners "builders" will be set forth above instructions.
After consulting with experts, viewing videos, you can safely get to work.