create a harmonious design of the apartment includes not only repair the walls or laying new flooring, but also involves the installation of suspended structures, as well as the use of other modern materials.At the same time as a finishing touch, emphasizing elegance decoration ceilings, decorative moldings used.What
ceiling moldings are and what kind of material used to manufacture them?Most often, these questions arise immediately prior to installation of products.Selection
models depends primarily on the type of surface and the overall design of rooms.Ceiling fillet can be compared with the graceful frame, which frames the work of the artist, so she gets a special refinement and perfection.
types of ceiling moldings
modern market offers a huge variety of different consumer materials for finishing .A special place in this extensive list is occupied baguettes.
What are skirting ceiling?What should I look for whe
Next is a brief overview of the most popular types of fillets.
foam models are considered the cheapest option, which allows the lowest cost to get a decent quality of the ceiling surface.
These advantages include:
- ease of processing;
- and ease of installation.
Among the shortcomings, most often mentioned:
- flammability of the material;
- low strength, ie, exposure to mechanical damage.
How to choose the right ceiling moldings, which have no such defects?
Skirting boards made of gypsum
This is the material that is almost completely devoid of the disadvantages inherent in products from foam.Before you pick up the ceiling moldings of plaster discuss the material in more detail.
Similar decorations have long enjoyed a deserved popularity and demand.
In the modern design they are used:
- for framing ceiling molding;
- and also as one of the elements of artistic composition.
Krepjat ceiling moldings of plaster on:
- or plaster solution.
Models of Styrofoam
This material is an analogue of the foam, but is more durable and does not support combustion. But, nevertheless, considered a fire hazard because it burns in flames completely.
It features greater strength, although the ceiling moldings of plaster surpasses it in these indicators.Styrofoam lends itself well to cutting and processing of special tools.Therefore
of it produced as moldings and borders.Its price is a bit higher production of foam, however, costly materials, he does not belong.
With such an abundance of proposals is quite difficult to determine with baguettes.Next, consider how to choose the right wood ceiling moldings.
choice primarily depends on the materials used for finishing the ceilings, as well as the type of structures (tension or suspension, plasterboard or slabs) .Like the majority of materials, wood has not only positive but also negative qualities.
- relatively high cost of wood products as for the production of moldings using fine wood: ash, beech, oak and mahogany.The difference in price can be up to several tens of times.
- In addition, wood products is much more difficult to handle than counterparts from artificial materials.
- for quality work need not only special tools, but also certain skills and experience.If during the treatment will be admitted flaws, even with the help of fillers is difficult to correct.
- One of the major drawbacks of the wooden skirting is their exposure to moisture, rot and various pests.
Tip!The only way to protect the folding ceiling moldings from such trouble - a multiple processing special antiseptics followed lacquered surface.
ceiling plinths of various devices involves the use of various methods of attachment.For example, products made of polyurethane foam and fixed with a universal glue or putty.But
to install fillets of wood will require the installation of special fasteners on the ceiling to which they are attracted.
color and shape of the articles
in building hypermarkets baseboards meet virtually any width from 10 to 200 mm .On what to choose?So
- Wide baseboards have a number of advantages: they are setting allows you to visually smooth the corners and hide various defects in joints.
- not recommended to install wide baseboards in the room with low ceilings, because they visually reduce the volume of the room and look too bulky.
- Regarding the choice of colors, the range is also characterized by abundance.As a rule, products from foam and polyurethane are the standard white color that can easily be corrected by hand, using a variety of colors.
However, you should not get too carried away, because, according to designers in the same room should be no more than three colors.
How to fix moldings on the ceiling
For example, select Install the most common and cheapest types of foam or polyurethane, as wood is used much less frequently, and ordinary citizens are,most often can not afford.
For work you need the following tools:
- metal spatula;
- marker or pencil;
- sharp knife stationery;
- capacity for preparation of putty;
- sponge to remove excess putty;
Tip!For precise trimming skirting boards in places of angular connections, it is recommended to use the "miter box" where different angles are special slots.The final finishing is done using a knife and sandpaper.
proceed to mount:
- Krepjat ceiling moldings with a special transparent glue or putty fine (sm.Pravilnaya sticking plinth).To prepare a suitable container and pour water to the dry mixture and pour in using the building mixer thoroughly alter.
- Fillers gaining a metal spatula and applied to the edges and ends of the baseboards layer of about 1 cm. The installation begins with angles: the plinth is applied to the ceiling and gently pressed his hand.
To glue hardens, it takes some time, and then you can release the plinth and the remnants of putty gently remove with a damp sponge.If
- between the skirting and the ceiling has a small gap can be repaired by the same filler.Where installation is difficult due to extending the ceiling pipes or other utilities, cut a hole in the baseboard of the desired diameter.
What if you partition the plinth was a mistake, and found it after installation, removing the ceiling moldings, so as not to damage?Quite simply, this is done using hair dryer building.
need to warm up the place where the damage glue or putty.Under the influence of hot air, they soften and then remove the baseboard does not take much.
To learn more about all kinds of decorative moldings on the site contains a large number of photos and video materials, and instructions for installing them in every detail will allow to get acquainted with this work.