conceived to make repairs in a single room, each owner will think first: "What kind of finish prefer?".We can help you decide what is best for the kitchen ceiling, and go from a simple variant - to the complex.
smooth white ceiling
This option is finishing the ceiling is still very popular among the population.Of course, if your ceiling is perfectly flat and smooth, not working to refresh its whitewash.
We consider the case when there are cracks on the surface (see: How do seal the crack in the ceiling, the actual recommendations), flaking, visible seams between the floor slabs.In this case it is necessary to make the alignment of the ceiling.
It is possible to do it with your hands you do not get.
ceiling Surface preparation:
- First you need to remove the old decorative cover and try to determine, by tapping, the presence of voids under the plaster.If you have come to the conclusion that it is poorly kept and places behind the ceiling, the ceiling will be the preparation time consuming.
- layer old plaster, pre-moisten it, must be removed with a spatula.You must walk around the perimeter of the kitchen, the ceiling is the smoother, more carefully made clean.
It is very dirty and dusty stage.
- If necessary, repair the wiring, additional findings under the lights, it's time to do it.
- After electrical work all the cracks and crevices should be repaired putty.After giving it to dry, joints oshkurivayut large sandpaper.
- Now the room is made wet cleaning.It further should be primed ceiling (sm.Gruntovka ceiling - a useful necessity), the kitchen at the same time should not be dusty.
- primer is applied onto concrete slabs.This is to ensure better absorption of moisture concrete and strengthen its grip with plaster solution.
- Dove primer to dry, you can proceed directly to equalization.Ready plasters are sold in bags of 50 kg, they need only be diluted with water in the right proportion.
first layer of plaster is applied to the start, which is designed to smooth out any unevenness.
- necessary to give this layer to dry completely and once again be primed surface.And only after it is completely dry, apply another finishing compound that completely removes the small notches and cracks.
- After drying top coat, you need to walk on the ceiling №0 sandpaper and primed again.Priming of each layer is necessary for better adhesion between them.
- Align the ceiling - is the key quality of the rest of the finishing works.With such a thorough preparation on the kitchen ceiling can be applied whitewash, glue the ceiling tiles and wallpaper, paint.
Painting the ceiling:
- Actually, the ceiling in the kitchen does not necessarily have to be white.You can use a sufficiently large palette of colors: beige, pale blue, pale yellow, even pink.
Of course, the color of the ceiling should be in harmony fit into the interior kitchen.Such things think through in advance.
- ceilings used for coloring several kinds of colors. simple whitewashed with chalk or lime has long belonged to the past , except that used somewhere in the countryside.After whitewash the ceiling in the kitchen with his hands did not pose any difficulty.
- most commonly used for whitewashing latex (see: How do paint the ceiling latex paint yourself).There are several its kinds, and they have excellent antifungal properties.
Types of water-based paints
Paints PVA (polyvinyl acetate)
- This is the first paint is created on the basis of aqueous solvents.Its low price, of course, attracts buyers, but the quality of the coating is poor.
Eventually PVA yellow paint, so this is short-lived and whitewash is used only for indoor use.
Acrylic latex paint
- Its structure includes acrylic resins, thanks to which the coating becomes sturdy and waterproof.The range of acrylic paints is very wide, so you can create a ceiling colorful composition.
- Apply a paint on the surface of the ceiling only a month after the complete drying of the plaster. It is not very convenient in the event that the customer is not able to wait so long.
- a paint coating does not require frequent updates and will last for many years.
- Latex paint is added to enhance the water-repellent effect.This is the most expensive form of water-based paints, but its advantages are obvious.
- latex painted surface can be safely wash with detergent, and even rub.
- double layer of paint is sufficient to cover small cracks and crevices on the surface.And the cracks are almost always there, because the kitchen ceilings are subjected to additional heat from the running boards and to steam.
- If minor defects the ceiling, do not require prior puttying.
- consumption of paint in this case can not be considered cost-effective, but long-term, up to 15 years, the service life of the coating completely pay for all expenses.
- At the heart of the production of this type of paint water glass.You can use it in almost any conditions.The apartments
a paint is rarely used, but in large kitchens catering and health care - is what we need.
- It can even be used as a waterproofing in areas with high humidity.
- This type of water-based paint is based on silicone resins and is by far the best. It combines all the best features of the previous two types.
- silicone paint perfectly lays down on any surface, is not toxic, and is fully compatible with the other forms of water-based paints.
Whichever you choose paint, a method of applying it to the surface of a ceiling.It is best to use a roller.
consider a more complex way of finishing: ceiling lining in the kitchen.
Batten - a board used for ornamental decoration.This material belongs to the category of environmentally friendly forms, as is made of solid natural wood.
used in the production of lining as conifers and deciduous trees.Board retains all the beneficial properties inherent in the wood.
pleasant woody fragrance in the room is a good antiseptic.Ceilings for the kitchen, and the walls paneled wooden board, will create a unique warmth and comfort.
This type of finish does not require such meticulous preparation of the surface, as before painting.Suffice it to remove the old decorative cover, if it was constructive.Manufacturers
this board, mainly oriented to the standard developed in Germany DIN 68126/86.According to this standard, the battens can be divided into four classes, by the presence in the structure of the board of natural defects: rot, knots, cracks, etc.
for grades Extra imposed the most stringent requirements.
Carriage board is durable, it is important to treat it with an antiseptic only.
This paneling is pleasing to the eye, and create a pleasant atmosphere in the house for at least ten years.Wood retains heat well and is able to maintain a constant humidity in the room.
connection between the boards is carried out by a ridge - groove.When headliner board is mounted in a certain direction: from the windows - to the opposite wall.
Such a method eliminates the play of shadows between the boards, it's purely aesthetic reasons.For clarity, you can watch the video.
Batten can be not only a straight and smooth, but also take the form of logs, the so-called "block house."Its surface is semi-circular shape, is achieved through the radial sawing boards.
Mount a ceiling in the kitchen a relatively large area.In a small room it will look ridiculous.
Such decoration creates a feeling that you are in this log home.
same method creates an imitation of timber - another kind of board lining.Simply, it is not semicircular section, and resembles the shape of the rod.
This is clearly seen in the photo.
In general, we can summarize that the wooden ceilings Kitchen are ideal.However, there is one, but significant drawback.
Natural materials are always more expensive synthetic counterparts.For those who want to save, our next column.
Frame ceiling structures
These include the types of materials, which are mounted to the ceiling on the frame.You just have to choose what to do from the ceiling of plastic, MDF or plasterboard.
technology of their installation is quite similar, so we consider only one of them.
Casing plastic panels
Of the three above-mentioned materials, plastic is the most easy to install and affordable. This can be an incentive to try to mount the ceiling in the kitchen with his hands.Then
saving on the cost of repairs will be obvious, the ceiling would cost twice as deshevle.Potolochnye panel weight is much easier to wall, they are only designed for the load of its own weight.
Therefore, they are not as durable, and require a careful attitude when working.This is one of the disadvantages of such panels, and the indisputable advantages from them much more.
- They are not afraid of no sun, no water, easy to clean and have a high, up to 120 degrees combustion temperature.This casing can be easily combined with any kind of lighting.
- only thing you have to remember that the larger the surface roughness is, the lower the ceiling.Quite possibly, this option does not suit you finish.
Therefore, you should carefully measure the height of the kitchen to the ceiling and think.
- start lining panels can be in any state of the ceiling.Provided, of course, if it is not sprinkled plaster.
All other issues will be hidden, as the electric and telephone wires.
- essence mounting panels is that the perimeter wall, according to preliminary markup attached metal guide profile.On target points to his self-tapping screw cross sections.
- Thus, a frame on which are hinged panel.It is better to draw the layout profile, you make a mistake and then redo the work.
- At this stage should be to produce electrical work, leaving the conclusions under the lights outside.
- Then, cutting the panel along the length of the room, begin to install them.The first panel is the most crucial: how exactly, without warping, it is installed will depend on all further work.
- junction plastic panels with one another in grooves on the edge along which the glue is applied neat "liquid nail".The last panel will build on the edge of the profile.
- considering options for how to make the ceiling with his hands in the kitchen, you need to take into account the complexity of the chosen design.The unit ceiling will require the help of at least one other person.
ceilings in the kitchen and can be stretched, they also referred to the carcass structure.Here the scope for design is virtually unlimited.
They can perform as well, and gypsum, in a multilevel variante.Raznitsa with the rest suspended ceilings only in that the material used to perform soft.Accordingly
different technology and installation frame and cover.The only thing, if you have a small kitchen to the ceiling must be a minimum distance of 2.8 m.
Otherwise, there will be a feeling that the ceiling "presses."After all, suspended ceilings take centimeters height of the room.
Stretch ceilings in the spacious kitchen can be designed so mansions original, what will a real masterpiece.
We hope that helped to understand what the ceiling in the kitchen need you.