Kitchen - a room with high humidity and soot, which is inevitably formed during intensive use of equipment and instruments, to cope with which not under force even the most powerful extract, so the ceiling coatingKitchen should be chosen with great care, as it may turn yellow and aesthetically unappealing.
To maintain the appearance of the kitchen need to select practical and high-quality material, which can remain for a long time a beautiful, cozy and tidy.
Types of coatings
Currently, the following types of coverage for the ceiling in the kitchen:
- stucco walls.
- Using EPS tiles.
- design of the plastic panels.
Today there is a very wide range of materials for kitchen ceiling (see: How do the ceiling is best for the kitchen), but the most popular is still plastered. Snow White and sleek classic ceiling is still the leader in co
Its main advantages are eco-friendly materials and a decrease in the minimum height of the main surface, which is very important for kitchens small area.The disadvantages include the complexity of the process and the need for sophisticated finishes.
to create a perfectly flat, smooth and uniform surface quality required cleaning, alignment, putty and whitewash the ceiling.These manipulations require a large amount of free time.
Tip!In that case, if the ceiling is finished with in a new building, you should consider the fact that the shrinkage of the house continued for a long time, so to avoid the formation of cracks and crevices, it is better to use serpyanku and fiberglass that will make the surface more pliable, while maintaining the integrity oftime shrink.
In order to avoid the cost of filler and simplify the task and acquire reinforcing materials, you can resort to a moisture-resistant wallpaper, suitable for painting.
the question than to cover the ceiling in the kitchen, there is an optimal answer - paint.For these purposes, use washable paint to facilitate care ceiling.
Before painting the ceiling in the kitchen should be aligned with the help of putty, cement the cracks (see: How do seal the crack in the ceiling, the actual recommendations) and cracks, then walk sandpaper to get rid of the excess putty and only after that to start painting.This process requires a lot of time and effort, however, substantial savings.
Tip!In the event that carried out cosmetic repairs, the yellow spots, spoke at separate sites, we recommend primed using alkyd paint matt white and only then apply the base paint.
few words about wallpaper
Very often, the ceilings in the kitchen Wallpapers, since this version can be easily done by hand without making almost no effort.Using Wallpaper not only speeds up the repair, but also significantly reduces the cost of it.
In addition, this option is ideal for homes, which did not end shrinkage as the wallpaper will be able to create a high-quality finish and hide microcracks.
- Kitchen is best to use washable wallpaper, which last much longer. simple wallpaper with constant exposure to moisture very quickly recede, and will hang from the top, spoiling the entire repair.
washable wallpaper successfully tailor all roughness, unevenness and other defects will be easy to clean and acquire original appearance.And if you choose a wallpaper designed for painting, the kitchen ceiling can be of any desired color or pattern.
- To pokleit wallpaper the ceiling, you need to find a mate, as alone make it very difficult.First, you need to measure a strip of wallpaper.
It is important not to forget that the wallpaper may shrink after drying, so it is best to provide a small margin, it is much easier to trim excess than dokleivat missing.
- front page always glue plumb or level, and the rest of the previous one.
- adhesive is applied from the middle to the edges of the strip.
- After applying a piece of plastered should be folded in half and wait until it is saturated with glue.This will require no more than 10 minutes.
- At that time, when impregnated wallpaper, you can proceed to the primer.
- impregnated wallpaper gently applied to the plane and smooth.In that case, if the used paper wallpaper, it is suitable for smoothing the usual rag.
- For vinyl with a relief pattern, it is desirable to use a roller.
Wallpaper glue - is simple enough, but we should not forget that they may be left behind if nevovremya open .
tile from polystyrene
Asked what the kitchen to cover the ceiling, we should not forget about the tile from polystyrene, which is ideal for quick and inexpensive repair.
- ceiling for such coverage is not required careful alignment and sophisticated training.
- Ceiling defects are easily concealed thick tiles and its high elasticity.
- use of such material allows to save not only the tile, but at the finish, as it does not require skilled professionals.
- only significant drawback is not very presentable appearance, which affects the way that designers rarely use this material to decorate ceilings.However, if the kitchen designed in the style of the 70s - 80s, the old-fashioned tiles can be on hand, and turn from a lack of dignity.
If we consider the high - tech, modern and other avant-garde solutions for the implementation will require more progressive and modern trends.
PVC panels and suspended ceilings
These coatings are very similar characteristics, but the look and the price they are different.Data flows - a kind of suspended ceilings, which has both advantages and disadvantages.
- Suspended structures are mounted directly to the ceiling by means of a metal frame on which are mounted plates, rails and panels.
- main advantage is quick installation that does not require pre-treatment.
- addition of - the presence of free space becomes a much better sound insulation, there is a place to take stock of utilities, as well as the ability to install additional ventilation and spotlights.
- As for shortcomings, they are not so much, but due to design features, they can "drop" the ceiling is 7 centimeters, and formalizing the kitchen and formal appearance, looks like a office.
Another kind of false ceiling is drywall, also known as a solid, or boarding.For its installation requires no special preparation of the surface.
His device also allows for communication to make spotlights and additional ventilation.However, like his fellow plastic and suspended ceilings, it also makes the room below that for a small kitchen is inappropriate.
The difference this from other suspended ceiling is that its installation requires manual finishing, which consists in painting and flooring.
drywall ceiling is more expensive and requires more time, but the result is a perfectly flat surface on which there will be no seams or joints.Before finally install drywall, it must be cut out and bent as required by the design intent.
use of this material allows you to make a kitchen ceiling of any form, providing the ability to create multi-level original surface.That's what the designers are so fond of drywall.
In that case, if the house is constantly shifting the ceiling, leading to the formation of cracks, the only correct one will be the construction of plasterboard, which it is desirable to further steklooboyami or paste over with glass.
Very often you can find a photo with examples of suspended ceilings in the kitchen, which is not surprising, since they have many advantages, including quick and easy installation.
- surface requires no additional processing, you can install ventilation, fire protection system and spotlights.And thanks to the wide range of textures and colors urgent, you can create a spectacular appearance of even the most unpresentable seemingly cuisine.
data overlap made of durable vinyl, which has moisture resistance, flexibility, reliability and durability.Stretch ceilings are easy to clean and are not afraid of dirt and grease.
Cloth protects the room from dust and condensation collects. addition, such ceilings are able to withstand large amounts of water that would be useful if the top neighbors forget to close the water.
These designs also allow for the creation of complex spatial configurations and achieve different visual effects.
Now allocate Top 10 invoices for the manufacture of ceiling:
- Satin, has an antibacterial coating.
- varnish or perforated - lacquer.
- under the skin.
- under a tree.
Each invoice has a rich range of colors, so you can easily create any environment, in any style.
- significant drawback is the significant reduction in the ceiling.However, the lamps will not migrate on their own, since holes are cut during installation.
In addition, contact with the surface to be very careful, as even the slightest damage can lead to the replacement of the entire web.
It is worth noting the fact that the installation of the ceiling is also very complex, however, it can be done yourself by viewing the corresponding video, however, if these works had not been carried out by you, it is better to turn to professionals.