Multilevel ceilings are beautiful in themselves, but if they mounted lights, they become a real decoration of the interior.About how to make plasterboard ceiling with lighting, tell and show in this article.
In a previous article we mentioned how to make sibling plasterboard.In that case, if you want to make plasterboard illuminated his hands, this information is very useful to you when installing the core, upper level.
repeats the information previously outlined we will not but draw your attention to some differences in the mounting frame for the normal ceiling and ceiling, to which is attached a box with illumination.
Device features a top-level frame
itself drywall - a material durable enough.In any case he is unable to withstand the weight of the second tier, which will be mounted lights.
Therefore mounting frame of this second tier should be done through the drywall to the guide of the upper level.And for that, they should be placed in the exact
with two parallel rails extending across the longitudinal profiles of the main ceiling, there are no problems; they fasten them with a pitch of 400 mm (it is the distance between the axes we kept).But with mounting other two guides will be more difficult, if not above them would be the longitudinal profile.
The conclusion is clear: either the profile that you want to pledge specifically at the stage of installation of the main frame, a design based on the second level of the existing structure.
In principle, there is nothing wrong if you forget about the mortgage.The longitudinal profiles are located sufficiently close to each other, which allows to select any of them as a base.
mounting frame box with a niche for lighting
Sew the main sheets of plasterboard ceiling, after which you can proceed to further action.To make plasterboard with their hands backlit, you first need to partition.
- first make marks on the walls , retreating from the main ceiling height on the future of the box, and connect the horizontal line.
- then make markup perimeter boxes on the ceiling , stepping back from the walls at the desired distance.The resulting figure shall be a rectangle.
Attention!Giving a mark on the ceiling at the same distance from the wall can be used only if you are sure that they are perfectly aligned and the room has the right angles.Otherwise marking is done using the polygon.
- Installing ceiling plasterboard with lighting begins with fixing the guide profile on the marking done.On the ceiling of the profile is to look down the shelves and on the wall - in the direction of the opposite wall.Of course, the guide fixture on the ceiling must be screwed into the profile of the main frame.
- Next, you need to prepare rack of hangers-ceiling profile .To do this, cut into pieces of profile equal to the height of the box, do the cuts on one side of the folds height 4-5 cm , and fold into the back wall.
number of such suspensions is calculated based on the fact that they have to be fixed on the inner perimeter of the box with a step 50-60 cm .
- Insert the prepared rack hangers-side Do not cut into the guide profile on the ceiling and screw them to metal screws to press the puck.
- Now make bars of ceiling profile , cut it into pieces of equal length of the bottom of the box.Note that this size is different from the distance between the wall and the guide profile on the ceiling, as the lower plane of the box should have a shelf on which is mounted lights ceiling plasterboard with their hands.That is, the length of the profile sections must be greater than the specified minimum distance 5-6 cm , this would be enough to accommodate the small lamps or LED strip.The number of such preforms must be equal to the number of racks, hangers.
- Insert one end of the workpiece in the guide profile on the wall, shelves up and secure with screws.
- fasten the other end of the workpiece with a stand-hanger, as shown in the figure below, keeping between them a right angle.
- You will get a box with protruding frame profiles.These protruding segments need to drown, cut from a ceiling profile segments of appropriate length and inserting them inside.They serve as a basis for fixing plasterboard strips forming a shelf to install lighting.
- 're close protruding ends of the frame, putting them around the perimeter of the guide profile and secure it with screws.The frame under the plasterboard ceiling illuminated with his hands ready.
After plating (sm.Chem sheathe the ceiling recommendations masters) main ceiling oblitsevat box will be easy, as there is enough drywall fastened narrow strips.The main thing - just cut it and comply with the order of the lining.
Council.To plasterboard ceilings with lighting with his hands looked carefully cut drywall handsaw, a special treat a plane edge, and then cut the excess paper from the edges.
Before facing the frame, do not forget to stretch it in the wiring for the lights.
- Attach the strip to the shelf niches .If the distance between it and the first level is low, use the screws to fit the corner bit.
- will be coated with a vertical portion box by screwing the drywall to the ceiling rail and rack-suspension.Joints bands should fall on the rack.
- will be coated with a horizontal bottom part box.
- At least screw to the end of the protruding ledge boxes, which will be located on the shelf to hide niche lighting .The distance between the upper edge and the main ceiling advisable to leave at least 5 cm .The upper edge must be strengthened, putting on her before finishing the U-shaped profile.
Installing ceiling plasterboard with lighting almost finished, leaving only the most illumination to set in place.What do you need?First, LED ribbon, which can have a different power to be monochrome or color change.Secondly - the power supply that converts AC mains voltage of 220 V necessary for the operation of LEDs 12 V.
Determination of total power LED strip
Once you have chosen the type of LED strip, you must determine how much power it needs,to select the power supply.To do this, measure the perimeter of the niche prepared for the installation of lighting and multiply it by the power of one meter of tape.
Now that you know what should be the power supply unit, through which the LED strip is connected to 220 V. But one needs to consider the following points:
- Connect LED strip to the power supply in series is not recommended, as each subsequent tape will shineduller.
- higher capacity power supply, the greater its size.Keep this in mind when making your rim to conceal the backlight.Or purchase a separate tape for each power supply.
Installation and connection of LED strip
Glowing tape reels sold for 5 meters .On the back of each adhesive tape applied to the foundation, which allows you to mount it both on horizontal and vertical surfaces.
Therefore, making the plasterboard ceiling with his hands backlit, you can use to mount the LEDs as a shelf in an alcove, and an inner wall ledge.
Before fastening tape, connect them to the power supply as follows:
extendable wires for a second tape lay in a niche parallel to the first tape.
Place the power supply in a niche of the drywall in the place where the withdrawn wire, and connect it to the network.
Congratulations, you were able to independently make installation of plasterboard ceilings with lighting.In fact, it is not as difficult as it seems at first glance.
Just on our website you can learn about how to make a suspended ceiling with lights.