Plasterboard long and firmly took the leading position in the decoration and interior design, including in the ceiling structures.We consider in this article how to build a plasterboard in the hallway.
And not just perform their own hands and create its unique shape, considering all the design flaws of this small room.
Gypsum as a building material
There are several types of plasterboard, or as it is called, gypsum plasterboard.There are water resistant version (gypsum plasterboard), there is a flame retardant (GKLO).So
- there one that combines all of these properties at once.Naturally, the price for GKLVO highest.
But to create a ceiling in normal residential area, which is an entrance hall, take a regular gypsum board (GCR).
- Standard sheet size of the 1.2 * 2.5 m, thickness 9.5 mm.Judging from its size, it is easy to guess that one person is practically impossible to assemble such a list, especially the ceiling.
Therefore, if you are burning desire to do the ceiling in the hallway of the drywall yourself, be sure to have an assistant.
- gypsum plasterboard sheet is a gypsum core, enclosed in a cardboard envelope, which when wet is able to take any form, even the dome.This fact contributes to the possibility of the creation of false ceilings the most unimaginable forms and complex configurations.
- to create curved shapes and surfaces, flexible sheets produced on a template, making the pre-notches on the cardboard shell.There are wet and dry technology of that process.On this theme, our website has more detailed articles read.
But first, you need to try to do in the hallway ceiling of plasterboard in one level.In this article, you will be presented a small guide that allows you to get a general idea of the work ahead.
the best and most reliable assistant in this matter, will be video - visual information is always perceived better.
What you need to work
Before we explain what related material, as well as the tools you'll need to work, you have to understand something.The fact that the ceiling of gypsum plasterboard can be boarded or suspended.So
- What is the difference between them?And she and the other designs require pre-assembly frame.
difference - in the distance from the base surface on which the frame elements are mounted.The choice of design is done in view of the ceiling height of the room.After
- ceiling will reduce it to not less than 12 cm, while podshivnoy - only the thickness of the element sheathing.And on which of these you want to perform a ceiling, will depend on the range of materials that is necessary for this.
- in the suspended ceiling, which always happens in the same level, the frame can be either made of aluminum profile and be made of wooden beams with a small cross section.Their size can vary depending on whether the ceiling is to be warmed.
If so, then the section bars must conform to the thickness of the insulation.
Materials and tools
For example, execution of complex configurations in the suspended ceiling is not planned.Then a wooden lath will be enough.
In that case, if the surface of the gypsum plasterboard are produced various inserts or performed figures, the metal frame is much more convenient to use.After the profile, in contrast to the bars can be bent.So
- Therefore, we will talk about how to run plasterboard ceilings in the hall, on the frame of metal profiles.For its installation, you will need two types of profile: trim profile PP 60 * 27 and the profile ceiling guide DPU 28 * 27.
- To fix the sheets to them, we need universal direct suspensions (PUR).In the photo above, you can see all the elements of the skeleton connection of metal sheets.
profile to the ceiling mount and mounting plates to the chassis, in two varieties of screws and dowels.
- To prepare the surface for finishing GCR need plaster putty - it at least sealed joints and head screws.All overhead elements: friezes, moldings, cornices, ceiling made of polystyrene, polyurethane moldings fixed on the regular glue "liquid nails".
- If you want to use as decoration plaster moldings or cornices, you need to use the adhesive plaster.As for finishing, then the set of materials will depend on the choice of the decorative coating.The materials
- understood, now tools.If the substrate, which will be mounted on the frame, concrete, you can not do without Punch.
making plasterboard in the hall or any other room of a wooden house, you can do screwdrivers.This tool will need anyway, and to him - a flexible adapter that allows you to fasten a screw in a remote place.
- Cut aluminum profile can be ordinary scissors on metal, but for punching holes in the profile needed prosekatel.Double punching diagonally, gives the most reliable connection profiles when docking.
As you can see, for mounting frame is required not so many tools.
- But for processing sheets of drywall also need certain tools.This two kinds of planers: edging and grinding;Cutter;Needle roller.
To cut holes in the sheet, for example, under the spotlight device, require a hacksaw on drywall.Masters, in this case, using a circular saw.
- To achieve the maximum horizontal ceiling surface and perform markup will be required building level and dyeing yarn.Well, little things like a hammer, screwdriver, pliers and stationery knife should always be at hand.By the way, about the knife: cutting GCR is a variant with reinforced blades.
Here, perhaps, and the entire set of tools that you may need.You can now get to work.
device suspended or suspended ceiling does not require such careful preparation, as a "wet" surface leveling.But still, remove the old decorative coating is necessary, as well as, check whether it is held under the plaster.
If it crumbles or tapped emptiness, it is better to completely remove from the ceiling:
- Next, the layout, and its implementation should be approached with the utmost seriousness.This will determine all further work.
The surface is often uneven, having differences between the floor slabs.Your task: to find the lowest point, which is zero.
- Regarding this point, on the opposite wall, and it should be noted otchertit skyline.Along these lines will be mounted guide profile.
It is applied to the wall of the line, and right in such a position drill a hole into which the dowel then hammered.
- Profile PP installed at 60 cm, which is very convenient for suspended ceilings.The standard size of most modules correspond to this size or a multiple thereof.Not an exception and sheets of drywall.
- As you can see in the picture above, the guide profile serves as a support for the PP profile, which is inserted into its cavity.Ceiling profile is fixed to the base by means of direct suspensions.If
profile length is not enough, additional segments are mounted, but not back to back, and with a small clearance.
- Ready frame is a metal crate, to which will be fixed and plasterboard sheets.But prior to installation, you should take care of all electrical work.
- Since the wiring is hidden in the inner cavity ceiling Stroebe concrete slab do not have to - laying wire is made on its surface in the cable channels.In order to avoid unpleasant incidents related to improper wiring, to perform work on electrical parts, it is better to invite a specialist.
Of course, if you are not.
- Electric competently pick up the cross section of wires, connect them to an existing network, do the wiring, leaving the isolated findings.Especially, professional help may be needed if you intend to mount zakarniznuyu perimeter ceiling lighting using LED neon tape or cord - these processes also have their own nuances.
- When the electrical part is done, you can mount the GCR.Obverse, as such, have no sheet of drywall.
need to be guided by its end.Abutting ends of two sheets must be mounted with a gap, and form a groove with sloping walls, which will subsequently be filled with putty.
- first row of sheets mounted on the angle, always relying on their profile - and so around the perimeter of the room.Each subsequent number is set so that the seams between the sheets did not match.Fixing screws GCR is produced at a distance of 20 cm from each other.
Note!From correctness screwing screws, ultimately depends on the quality of the coating.They do not need to be pressed deeply into the interior drywall is not damaged cardboard wrapper leaf.
- remains sealing of joints.First, they are treated with a primer and fill shpatlёvochnym solution, removing any excess with a spatula.
Dove putty to dry, grind the seams with fine sandpaper and primed again.
- Then, seams are glued fiberglass insulating tape.Better to take a self-adhesive tape so as not to mess around with thumbtacks, which are used as a temporary fix.
joints, taped tape again shpaklyuyut and grind.Just mounting points and are sealed sheets to mask head screws.
Such surface preparation will be enough if the plasterboard ceilings in the hall will be papered ceiling wallpapered with good relief.If the ceiling is preparing for painting, in order to achieve perfect smoothness shpatlyuetsya the entire surface of the ceiling.
little about design
It would be a shame to do such work, and get a smooth, level ceiling, without any chips, making the design attractive.A lot of chips, and you now we will tell about them.
- most favored option ceiling lighting is the use of spotlights.But this is too simple, and more like an office option.
ceilings in the hallway of plasterboard may be more than just a well-lit and decorated flat and recessed luminaires, as in the picture above.
- They look like wooden frame with stained glass illuminated from within.There are variants of fixtures designed specifically for gypsum ceilings.
Their body can be painted.It is made of polyurethane and has a beautiful configuration, which suggests that the ceiling plaster moldings used.
- When creating plasterboard ceilings, often used another design technique.Gypsum plasterboard is not mounted over the entire area of the ceiling, but only on the perimeter, in the form of a frame.
Thus, in the center of the ceiling forms a caisson, the surface of which hang wallpaper with a pattern or glossy self-adhesive film.
- recess in the ceiling can be either one large or several small ones.This option is the ceiling structure is best suited for small spaces with a small height.
- And you can arrange in the caisson false window seal his film with the image of the sky, treetops, and make internal illumination.Only for this ceiling has to be performed in two levels.
In the first level, and will be inserted into the frame with the glass that will be pasted film.
- incredibly beautiful on the surface of the ceiling of gypsum plasterboard, look and slots of different shapes.Particularly if they are curved.
slots can be glazed with colored or frosted glass, but always illuminated from within.The ceiling is depicted in this example, eloquently convinces us that this design looks very stylish.
- ceilings of gypsum plasterboard can be made in several levels and even planes.From GCR can perform almost any shape.
good wizard knows many secrets of this work - they have a lot to learn.
- The ceiling constructions, plasterboard perfectly combined with many other materials such as wood, stretched canvas, polyurethane beams.One embodiment of such a combined design - in the image below.
course, to create a complex design needed some knowledge and experience.At the beginner is unlikely to succeed, but to think about design as you can.
If there is no desire or time to master the technology of plasterboard work, bring your idea to help the invited experts.They can offer you a choice and your options.
main thing - to achieve the desired results, and create an attractive interior hallway - room, which is facing the house.