common question, especially in light of modern paints and varnishes, which, as they say manufacturers, can be applied to any surface without preparation.Do I need to be primed before painting the ceiling and if so, how to do it right?
What is the advantage priming?
Why, in general, carried out the primer as such?It improves the adhesion of any material, whether or plaster finishing finishing putty, paint, wallpaper or tile adhesive.Primer fills micro-cracks and pores in the base material, sometimes quite strongly prevents the penetration of moisture in the base (see. Art. "The primer for the ceiling - a useful necessity").
For certain materials is very important, especially prior to the application of glue mixture to maintain its technology humidity for a predetermined time.
In fact, one or two coats of primer can not level the surface, and they are not designed for this purpose (see. Art. "The alignment of the ceiling with his hands high differential").But even coa
If the base of your ceiling - not plastic with a perfectly smooth surface, the primer before painting the ceiling is a must!
which includes preliminary (preparatory work), which are held before final primer?
It's pretty tedious, dirty and dusty event:
- Removal of old coverings (wallpaper, paint, chalk).
- Scraping base.
- Sealing large cracks, pitch dark, depressions and so on.
- priming the surface.
- Rough plastering.
- Finishing Putty.
- sanding, smoothing the surface.
What else you need just before the final priming?Be sure to remove all debris that will be dust.After applying the finishing layer of soil to plant dust and dirt in the room will be a fraught.
All the dust settles on the bottom, and the paint is to go smoothly.Ideally, after the primer layer and drying it is necessary to pre-wash with a damp cloth to remove the dust layer.
Depending on the applied primer, but mostly - finishing one layer of primer is applied.Even after the work on the ceiling will be allocated separate "islands" without soil size of not more than 10-15 cm in diameter , it's okay.After priming the water-based paint can start to spray or apply other methods in two hours.
determined already, you need a primer before painting the ceiling?Then we proceed to the execution of a simple algorithm:
- Ready-mix for priming sold in STROYMARKET in abundance, you only need to choose the right consumables under the base (and under the paint, respectively).Also on offer there is a special concentrate that for large area coverage will cost a little bit cheaper.They should be diluted in a certain proportion, for each surface is its importance - for example, 1: 2 or 1: 5.
not need to save the instrument, even on the sub.If you want to work vaikom, then purchase a quality product, and it is desirable - with interchangeable body immediately.The same applies to brushes.Be sure to buy a tray under the bead size - it will come in handy in the future when you're painting.
For high ceilings, so as not to build the box or design of the chairs set at each other, not to move around the room a large dining table, just buy an extension cord for brush or roller. agree that the floor is much easier to work with than the belfry?
- soil application technique is simple, just as you are the painted surface with a roller.Consistency Consumables virtually the same as any difficulties you do not deliver.Dip the brush or roller in a tray, shake off the excess soil and rolled (smear) of its surface.The multiple layers applied to the soil is not necessary, it is written above.However, if you are up to the final priming is not completely removed from the surface of the chalk, are "generally small islands" is not working.All chalking areas should strictly go under the ground!
- tiered ceiling with ledges and eaves: the surface should be primed with everything, not only horizontal!Even though it is sometimes very uncomfortable.
- At the end of wait until the primer before painting the ceiling to dry for at least two hours.As the drying promazyvat formed spots should not be!If it is necessary to apply a second layer of soil, need to wait for the complete drying of the whole surface, and then to apply another layer on the same principle.
more information and recommendations
Any surfaces primed with practically the same, it concerns, in particular, the walls and ceiling.Only when the vertical surface of walls too thin primer flowing on the horizontal ceiling it will be formed into small droplets, rather than drips.
Therefore, immediately after priming the entire surface, while it is still wet, it is advisable to pass the entire ceiling roll again, but not to gain ground on him.So you "roll out" the possible drop, ensuring the smoothness of the surface.
Do not use a brush with stiff bristles, if you work it with a brush rather than a roller.Solid hair is very easy to leave marks on the surface of the finish putty, and it will look very unaesthetic.
Such a method with a stiff brush is well suited to the preparation of walls for wallpaper gluing, in this case, tiny scratches glue will hold better.And for painting - only a soft brush or a roller.
again: painting begins only after complete drying of the last layer of the soil!
wish you success in independent repair.