How to choose the suspended ceiling with lighting?According to this, the most frequently asked question of the readers can judge the extraordinary popularity of PVC fabric in the roof design.
Whatever the aesthetic quality of a stretched film, it does highlight the room - cozy and interior design - finished.Instructions and videos in this article will tell what kind of basic and additional lighting can be used in the regeneration of suspended ceilings, you need to do and how to do it with their own hands.
Lighting stretched ceiling
main ceiling lighting, which is used in the design of the tension fabric (sm.Polotno for ceilings: the pros and not), often also provides the traditional chandelier or bulkhead.There are only some of the limitations associated with the fact that the PVC film can be melted at a certain temperature.
Therefore, a key requirement for lighting equipment is used to power these bulbs does not exceed 50W, and their l
Spots and spotlights
But one lamp in the center of the ceiling, and even with low-power light bulbs are not able to fully ensure good room lighting.Immediately the question arises: "How to choose a stretch ceiling lighting?".
cope with this task will help built-in lights, as well as ceiling spots, which can not only further highlight the ceiling, but also to replace the basic coverage.So
- spot called devices, which are a group of spotlights placed on a flexible arm.Due to this, lights are directed action.
This feature and sets them in a special group of downlights, which have many advantages, which we will explain.
- What you need to know when it comes to stretch ceilings: installing any lighting in this case, should be designed in advance.Gager must provide information about the dimensions of lighting fixtures and their locations.
it takes into account when cutting cloth and installation fixings.In addition, you must first make a wiring harness, to be hidden inside the ceiling space.
- Spots are usually installed along the perimeter of the ceiling, and ease of installation makes it possible to do this without the involvement of specialists.Using the spots saves installation time.
Take, for example, such an option, as in the photo above - it replaces four spotlights, but it requires only one detail of the mortgage.Accordingly, simplified installation of the ceiling, and therefore, reduced its price.
- Spots can be embedded, overlaid or combined.They are often confused with chandeliers, as several directional luminaires can be placed in a common housing.
Moreover, they can be based on ordinary incandescent lamps and with halogen and LED lamps.This spot is usually placed in the center of the ceiling, and installed along the perimeter of conventional spotlights.
- Installation spots has its own characteristics.If you are installing several of these lamps, the cable from the junction box extends only to the nearest one.Remaining connected thereto in parallel.
- Before you make a stretch ceiling illuminated, made all the electrical work, the findings under the lamps are isolated and are left free.Sami fixtures already installed after the web is strained.
By the way, the majority of spots has a capacity of 12V, so they connect to the network must be done either through a step-down transformer or adapter.
to install spotlights in the suspended ceiling, mounted to the overlapping of a special hanger.It is important that the lower portion is flush with the line of the web.
holes in the film, cut under the lights, heat-resistant plastic rings paste over - it will not allow the web to spread or weld.
How to make lighting for ceilings?This question is of interest to all who gave their preference to this design, harmonious design that is impossible to imagine without additional lighting.
install it on the borders of the levels;the perimeter of the eaves;and even within the ceiling space.For illumination use different materials and devices.
What is the material and what are their characteristics, you will learn from the table below.
|materials for backlight||As used||Features mounting|
|a miniature diode lamps, which are used in the design of the ceiling under the scheme "starry sky".They are equipped with diodes diffuser, which is obtained thanks to a very good visual effect.Mounted on the ceiling in tandem with fiber-optic cable, with the obligatory use of step-down transformer.||are mounted in a certain order, alternating with optical fiber cable.Simulates a large and bright stars.An example of such an illumination of the ceiling you can see in the picture above.|
|cable is a bundle of glass or plastic strands enclosed in a polymer shell, which does not allow light to be scattered outside the fibers.||Installation is fan-shaped manner.The process time consuming, but the result is worth it.For this purpose, the basic ceiling mounted projector, mounted diodes and cables.Then the canvas is stretched with the image of stars.In it a special soldering iron are burnt holes 2 mm in diameter, into which are inserted and optical waveguides.|
|LED-strip - a printed circuit board on which are located at various intervals LEDs.It can have one color glow, or be multicolored.Depending on the type of crystals, the luminescence can vary in length.||tape advantage over other types of lighting in the apparent ease of installation.Almost all kinds of adhesive tapes have a foundation - the substrate is removed, and the tape is pressed against a hard surface.Most often used for contour illumination on the ceiling.|
|The principle of neon cord, which is also called a cold neon, is that one central and two copper contact wire is fed a high-voltage current that generates an electric field.Located between the wires phosphor glows, emitting a beautiful uniform light.||can work both on a permanent network and on the batteries.To convert the current to the desired value using the inverter.It is used to illuminate the boundaries stretch ceiling levels, as well as for internal illumination of the translucent fabric.|
Where is the light
In practice, a few constructive ways to mount LED-ribbons of neon and cold.For contour lighting, installation can be completed in decorative moldings, specifically designed for this purpose.
Such moldings have a special configuration forming a wall between him and enough space for cord management.It is very convenient, inexpensive, and installed quickly.
- But, overwhelmingly, uses a different version: plasterboard box with a niche serving the center of the room.The suspended ceilings are often a combination of all drywall and PVC film.
A version with a niche not only interesting in terms of design, but also practical.
- Box installed around the perimeter of the ceiling, and allows you to hide in a niche lighting elements, cables, transformers, power supply units.And the spotlights or spots mounted on drywall better than to make holes in the canvas.The box is a horizontal molding, extending from the overlap of not less than 20 cm.
- This distance is necessary in order to remain a place for the installation of stretch ceiling, as wellalso for free access to the equipment hidden in a niche.Based box, as well as any of drywall constructions, on a frame made of aluminum profiles.
Its installation is done before would be strained canvas.At the edge of the box is performed bend up height of 5-6 cm. Actually, he forms a niche.
- With this design, standing on the floor of the room, you can not see objects in the niche.But, they can be seen in the reflection on the surface of the film.
Therefore, if the tension in the design will be used glossy canvas mounting cord or LED ribbon use the first method (with skirting), or set the backlight for the web.There is also a version of the device hidden niche, but make it more complicated, and is it worth?
Because PVC film, used in stretch ceilings and thin enough good translucent, light, located in the interior space, it looks very original.Especially if the tape or cord is laid in a pattern or any image.In the photo above is an excellent example of such a backlight!