choose to install the suspended ceiling, the person is only one question, what better stretch ceiling fabric or PVC.And there is something to think about.
The unequivocal answer is no.Let's do a comparative characteristics of both species, and then determine how the suspended ceiling fabric or PVC sets the best in each individual case.
This type of ceiling is established by welding the film web, this is done according to the size of the structure. coating of this type is rich in colors and can be purchased at retail.
Preference is better to give the well-known manufacturers, who offer a guarantee on their products.
This material has long been in the market of sales and has many advantages:
- opportunity to give the design a variety of shapes;
- If done correctly, it turns out perfectly flat and smooth surface;
- not a high price of materials for the job;
- Quick installation, you can do the job almost overnight;
- large number of colors and shades;
- opportunity to strike the surface of a variety of drawings, photographs, paintings;
- absence of debris in the process of work;
- material in its structure does not absorb various odor and fat.Not form a mold;
- easy to clean.You can only occasionally wipe the surface with a damp cloth;
- Such material is antistatic and does not attract dust and dirt;
- By its technical parameters making noise isolation facilities;(See. Stretch ceiling insulation do correctly)
- high humidity.If you flood the neighbors, the water may be on the cover and do not proceed until you come to the specialists and later her;
- not contribute to the formation of condensate, it can be installed in areas that have a higher moisture content;
- Possibility of disassembly and installation design in another room.
For right choice ceilings PVC or fabric, it is necessary to know and disadvantages of film:
- Such material is vulnerable because the surface is soft and prone to mechanical damage.Of course, it is possible in this case to put the patch, but it will still be visible;
- During the bonding elements of the plane remains the seam, which, though not much, but enough is noticeable;
Warning;If you choose this material, you should consider installing particular plane.Select the correct configuration, prior to buying the material, and do not think of what to do, when it purchased the material.
- longer visible seam in vinyl flooring, here he had already obtained in the manufacture of the material.Which is made of different pieces and the connection is made by welding surfaces.
not select only the material in the catalog, you first look at it visually;
- shortcoming is the smell, which is accompanied by the installation process, the truth must be said that some days it disappears.It should be noted that it is peculiar to the materials and performance in European and domestic;
- During the installation, the room temperature is to create 70 degrees .Therefore, during the works better to remove things that are exposed to heat;
- very significant disadvantage is possible to name and susceptibility to low temperatures.When it decreases the surface can crack and warp.
So no film coating installed in an unheated room or where temperature changes occur;
- Many can save on installation of the ceiling, but in this case it would be quite difficult to do.For mounting use special equipment (sm.Demontazh stretch ceiling and removal of other types of ceilings), without which installation can not be done.
requires heating the film without the help and practice of work, it is extremely difficult to do;
Ceilings PVC fabric or have their own specifications, which should also be taken into account when selecting the material.
They may determine the choice:
- material width varies in the range from 1.3 m to 2.7 m;
- film thickness is 1.3 mm, a tolerance of 0.1 mm;
- By invoice material are: high-gloss, matte and satin;
- fire-resistant material is not subject to burning;
- frost has about 0 *.
Stretch fabric ceilings
To select a fabric or PVC ceilings, consider the characteristics and tissue structure.(See. How to choose a quality suspended ceiling)
which basically have a material that is impregnated with polyurethane.This article appeared in the market of sales later film structure.
Before making a choice ceilings PVC or fabric, you should compare them in all respects:
- Such material is much greater than the width of the film structure and reaches 5ti meters, with a width of meters 3,5 .In this volume the surface has no seams,
- This framework is much stronger film, it means less impact mechanical effects;
- This eco-friendly material.Skip the air.On odorless;
- has significant frost, you can do the installation at low temperature.It is possible to install in a room that has no permanent heating;
- not contribute to the formation of condensation, but not moisture-proof.When flooding can keep the water pressure, but maybe a little penetration.The fabric has small pores;
- simple installation, which can be performed within one day.When installing do not require special equipment, and it simplifies the work.
fasteners made of baguette, which is set around the perimeter of the room and the material just for it snaps;
- Easy to maintain, the owner himself can remove any contamination (see: How do wash the ceiling and normal tension).Perhaps the use of any cleaning agent without abrasive impurities;
Ceilings fabric or PVC should be assessed from the point of view of the shortcomings that exist in the fabric base:
- This material is not elastic, as it has high strength.Do not stand the large volume of liquid in case of flooding;
- Fixing to the base of the ceiling is carried out it is not as reliable as in the base film.At higher pressures, the fabric will break out of baguette, as when the fastener she just snaps for items.
The worst run fasteners ago will be impossible.When the fastening fabric remnants are cut, otherwise the design will not be a finished look.In case of breakage, it is necessary to do a complete replacement of the web;
- water penetrates the tissue through the micropores, as a result of pollution that are almost impossible to remove;
- fabric impregnated using polyester, so there are only a matte surface;
- This design is fairly strong; however, it can be damaged.In this case, impossible to repair and need complete replacement of cloth ;;
- in retail trade is available a small number of textures and colors cover;
- The high price, which is significantly greater than the film coating;
- fabric has poor practicality, it has high surface roughness, resulting in difficult to wash dirt of any type.Therefore, it is not necessary to establish such a structure, in rooms with low ceilings;
- seams in the design are made only through the separator and the joint sufficiently visible in width of the room more than 5 meters;
Caution: When selecting a design note all the joints, if you can not do without them, distribute them symmetrically, to look as a pattern.On the ceiling is simply impossible to hide the baguette.
When a large area of the room is better to perform the installation of the two paintings, and let the seam in the middle of the room.
- When you secure the web can not be used harpoon, which is a very reliable fastening.It simply does not adhere to the base fabric;
were considered the advantages and disadvantages of such material, are now to be considered and the technical characteristics:
- useful bandwidth is 1,0-5,1 meters;
- film thickness of 0.25 mm, a tolerance of 1.1 mm;
- coating density is from 160 to 320 kg / m2;
- possible infiltration of water through the pores of the coating;
- The sound reduction at a frequency of 1000 Hz is 0.4;
- canvas is antistatisticheskim material does not allow to accumulate dirt and dust;
- texture of the surface can be matte and translucent;
- not support combustion and is fireproof material;
- Withstands temperatures from -50 to +80 degrees, the material does not lose its properties;
- not emit toxic substances and is an environmentally friendly product.Not exposed to mold and mildew;
- has a lifespan of 15 to 20 years, the manufacturer gives guarantee on the canvas for 12-years old;
- mounting structure is made without the use of fuel equipment;
- minimum distance to the ceiling during installation is approximately 0.9 cm;
- Installation is possible in all types of buildings.
Choose plastic or cloth suspended ceiling, each owner will decide according to his room.
However, it should heed the advice of some experts:
- To finish the ceiling in the bathroom and other rooms with high humidity, it is better to apply a film coating.It is well tolerated and increased moisture will serve for a long time;
- The room in which there is a constant heat, for example giving, more suitable base fabric, which will pass through great changes in temperature;
- Where appropriate to emphasize the sophistication of design, such as a cafe, bar and al., It is better to apply a film coating.With this material you can realize any design decision, and it has excellent decorative properties;
- Cloth ceiling gives the room comfort and visual warmth, so this design will fit into the interior of the kitchen and living room;
- to cramped and dark rooms is better to use a glossy surface, which has a coating film.This visually enlarge the area of the room and make it lighter;
- If you are installing the ceiling will be held in a room where the furniture is expensive and its nowhere to be removed, then it is better to apply a coating of tissue .When it does not require heat treatment, which may adversely affect the polishing furniture.
These recommendations are not binding.Maybe even a lot of reasons that can influence the choice.
For example acoustics, where you can use your pokrytie.Est many more materials, such as breathable, translucent, which will approach the owner of the premises.
In each case it is necessary to consult with experts who give the correct answer.A choice must still make you personally.