If you need to visually expand the space, the most reliable solution for this will be the mirror panels for the ceiling.They are widely used in the interior design of both public buildings and residential buildings.
Types mirror panels
Suspended mirror design
Like all other suspension systems, mirrored ceilings are a frame that holds the mirror panels.The outer part of the frame is visible, so it is usually performed in a variety of colors suitable to this interior.
mirror plate is also very diverse, both in color and in shape and size.In addition, they may have a matte surface, decorated with a picture or a facet (see. How to decorate the ceiling with his hands).
plastic mirror panels
Mirror plastic panels covered with reflective protective film - it's a completely different version of the trim, more simple and cheap .They are flexible squares or strips with a completely smooth surface, which are mounted on the main ceiling with cement or glue.Sometimes u
Of course, the base surface before finishing these panels must be carefully aligned , otherwise the surface will transmit a distorted reflection.Plastic panels often ceiling mirror finish applied to curved surfaces, as they can be easily bent in any direction.
However, this material is not recommended for use in fire-risk areas , as well as in combination with spot lights, as it differs easy flammability.
reference.The most durable and wear-resistant are acrylic mirror panels.They have a high reflectivity (98%), resistance to low and high temperatures and low weight.Most are available in rolls, which allows you to create large seamless surfaces.
Aluminium mirror panels
This is one of the varieties of rack ceiling. aluminum slats coated with a special layer having reflectivity.
Unlike ordinary mirrors, aluminum panels for the ceiling mirror have low weight and better durability .Aluminum ceilings for a bathroom - the perfect solution.And from plastic counterparts, they compare favorably with fire safety and environmental friendliness.
mirrored ceilings in the interior
Ceiling mirror panels of all kinds can be used for decoration both large rooms and halls, and standard residential .
most often can be seen in the exhibition halls, restaurants, shops and shopping centers, swimming pools and gyms.But even in their homes using more than is appropriate, especially it comes to small bathrooms or rooms with low ceilings.
particularly diverse uses Suspended ceiling mirror panels: they perfectly combined with other suspension systems.In the picture below you can see the options for such combinations.
Such combinations may be many: with the rack structures, metal cluster, with ceilings type Armstrong, in combination witha two-level ceiling of plasterboard, etc.Thus with the help of mirrors can highlight specific areas , for example, to make a mirror box just above the dining area.And you can create an original decoration, using panels of different shapes and colors.
Benefits mirrored ceilings
- aesthetic appearance .Mirrored ceiling panels allow any room to make a more spacious and solemn, he added brightness, brightness, refinement.
- functionality .First of all it concerns the suspension tape and rack systems.The space behind the mirror surface can be carried out any communication equipment until climate systems.And if you set the mirrored panels on the ceiling in combination with perforated metal cassettes, such a structure will serve for natural ventilation.
- possibility of embedding lighting suspension structures .Built-in lights mirrored ceilings can achieve perfect lighting not only due to the fact that they can be installed anywhere and in any quantity, but also due to excellent light reflection.
- variety of models and combinations .Thanks to what is possible to achieve a completely unique design of each room, using a mirrored ceiling panels different colors, sizes and shapes, combining them with other materials.In addition, and very visible part of the frame can become an additional decoration of the mirror surface - it can be tinted to any color.
- Moisture .Mirror decorative elements made of natural glass, aluminum or plastic, which are themselves water-resistant materials are protected from the back side coated.This allows their use in wet areas.
- Quick installation .Installation time hanging mirrored ceilings depends on the shape of the room.If it does not have any corners, ledges, decorative elements, reaching up to the ceiling, the installation is carried out quickly enough, so there is no need to align the reference surface.Of course, this also applies only to suspension systems.
- Easy to repair .If one of the elements of a mirror ceiling is damaged, the entire structure will not have to repair.It is enough to replace the item with a new.
Despite the huge number of advantages, mirrored ceiling panels and are not without drawbacks.
- on the mirror surface can be clearly seen every speck , especially when it is illuminated.And if such a ceiling set in the bathroom, there are traces of it from condensation and splash.However, mirrors are easy to clean with the help of special tools.
- glass panel on the ceiling mirror - fairly brittle material , which can be broken.
- For installation of plastic and acrylic panels require surface preparation - and that the additional costs of forces and means, increase the length of the finishing works.