Cellar is simply called space for storing food reserves: vegetables, conservation, tasting.Its construction is made depending on the expected volume of agricultural products, which are stored there.
most important part of the cellar is its ceiling.It was he who protects the entire space of hypothermia in winter and increase in summer temperature there.
In this article we will tell you about how the cellar ceiling insulation is made using the most readily available materials, and how to do it with their hands in each case.
The configuration of the cellar can be anything: a rectangular, square or even round. The firm ground, the walls of this room is no veneer.
in looser soils to prevent fraying of the earth, they are made of wood, brick, cinder block - anything is possible.Performing waterproofing cellar depends on where it is.If you are building a house or garage, and at the same time you can make a basement.
In the case when all the bui
cellar under the house
Suppose your cellar is located under the apartment house.Then the ceiling it will serve as a concrete floor slab.
Given that the house is always warm, hypothermia cellar is not threatened, you will only need to perform thermal insulation of the ceiling.
- First of all, the surface treatment is performed by penetrating waterproofing composition of the "Penetron" or "flashing".Such priming the tile will give additional protection to the cellar, and in case if the house is going to happen with the plumbing emergency.
- for this purpose is very convenient to use the compounds, ready to use - but there are dry mixes that need to be diluted with water.They are most often used when the surface treatment to be in areas with a large area.
- instructions on the package indicates the waterproofing compounds as they need to use and how long it takes to dry layer.After the primer dries, the concrete surface of the insulation can be glued to the ceiling.
preferred not to use a roller and slab options.
- The lowest price for mineral wool, but it has the smallest life, compared to other heaters.Mineral wool made from organic raw materials, and it is subject to decay and does not like humidity.
- Therefore, for thermal insulation of the ceiling in the cellar, it is better to use glass fiber, cement-bonded or basalt slabs.
- to the surface of the ceiling mounted on a special adhesive that is sold in dry form in bags, and simply diluted with water.The solution is applied with a notched trowel on the ceiling, creating a relief on it for a better setting, and then pressed against the heater surface.
- For additional fixation plate heater plugs being targeted by the center and the corners of the base to the ceiling surface - as shown in our example.The vapor barrier can be used as an ordinary polyethylene film, which should be glued on top of the insulation layer.
- If in the cellar to be stored are not vegetables, and barrels of wine, and you want to decorate the cellar in an appropriate style, its ceiling can be pre-make a wooden crate, so you can produce it finish lining, as in the photo at the beginning of this article.
- By the way, if the insulation will be executed cement particle board, to carry out a vapor barrier is not required - these plates are not afraid of no water, no condensation.DSP produces many domestic enterprises, and they cost quite affordable for the budget construction.
More information about insulation of the ceiling in the basement can be found on our website.
surface of cement particle board is an excellent base for any finishing, including decorative stone, which is often used in the design of wine cellars.
cellar under the garage ceiling
cellar, located under the garage, insulated somewhat differently.This process is performed in a room of the garage, it can also be considered a device of the garage floor.So
- If the subfloor compacted soil, you must first make a concrete floor.The ratio of components in concrete should be: 1 part cement + 2 parts gravel + 3 parts sand.
- After screed pick up strength, its overlap with roofing material veiled.You can make and surface waterproofing mastic asphalt or liquid glass.
For waterproofing, including roll, do not forget that it has to capture a portion of the wall at 12-15 cm.
- In the case where the area of the cellar is the garage area, in such a structure will be used a concrete floor slab.Then the warming of the cellar (the ceiling), combined with a device floor garage, you can immediately start with the waterproofing layer.
- The next step is a wooden sheathing, in which the cells will be laid insulation.In the garage, for this purpose it is best to take concrete block, it is the most affordable and insulated layer to get the most durable.
- expanded clay is put on top mesh reinforcement, and the whole structure is filled with grout so that the valves had been completely covered.There are, of course, other embodiments of the insulation layer in the garage.
- For example, for this purpose can be used arbolit - it blocks and panels of different sizes, made of concrete.As a filler for concrete, used in Arbol wood chips or sawdust.
wood-concrete slabs are very light in weight, and have sufficient strength, they can be used even for masonry walls.
If the garage floor insulation is made of arbolita, on top of it will need to put the tiles, or to make a cement screed.If you make insulated layer of expanded clay, the floor can be sheathing boards, which are easily nailed to wooden joists.
cellar in the basement, which is located separately from the other buildings, constructed or arched gable roof, which overhangs right down to the ground.Horse roof and ramps constructed of thick edging boards covered with roofing materials.So
- In a simple embodiment, it may be poles overlapping pit cellar that top smeared with clay-straw mixture.In general, the roof of a detached cellar, can be performed using the most modern roofing materials.
- And what kind of material is used, depends on the process of warming the ceiling vault inside.Suppose this board.Then the process of warming the ceiling should start with processing board antiseptic composition intended for the treatment of wooden surfaces.
- This treatment will not only protect the wood from rotting, but it will prevent damage by insects and rodents.Then tamp ceiling roofing material, or use roll roofing membrane.
- After this is done the wooden sheathing in the cavity which will be laid and closed vapor barrier insulation film.Insulation fixed wooden slats, which are nailed boards across the lath.
- in a separate cellar, it is desirable to use a heat-insulating material having a maximum thickness or make a double layer.For temperatures outside are very different from those that are in the house or garage.
If you are building your own cellar, watch the video - a vivid example always absorbed better.
further finishing the ceiling, at your request, can be made any material you like.The ceiling can be sutured lining, plastic saydinogom.
And if glued fiberglass insulation grid, it can be even plaster.Finishing may not be done, but it should be noted that it will create an additional barrier to the cold or hot air from the street.