For finishing ceilings are now widely used by various kinds of tiles, which have a number of advantages.She
- is an excellent finishing material;
- tiles also able to reduce the noise in the apartment;
- provides effective insulation;
- as well as all sorts of perfectly hides defects ceiling surface.
Depending on the type and method of installation it is able to:
- change the visual perception of the volume of the room (visually increase or decrease space).
- Kee advantages include ease of installation: install your own hands can be of almost any owner.
- moreover, care for the ceiling, which is decorated with ceiling tile is different complexity.For wet cleaning, you can use ordinary detergents.
starting materials for the manufacture of tiles
In the production of tiles for finishing ceilings modern industry uses a variety of materials: mineral fiber or fiberglass. Due to the high noise insulation characteristics, tiles ideal for use in living rooms and in the s
most common and inexpensive material for the manufacture of tiles is:
- polystyrene (foam);
- addition, there are samples of wood;
however large they have not been spread because the high price is not conducive to growth in popularity and demand.
These advantages include naturally occurring raw materials.For this reason, tenants significantly reduced risk of allergic diseases.
In the production process at the surface of some types of tiles are various patterns and embossing.Moreover, by using different dyes obtained samples are perfectly imitate wood, marble or metal.
This creates additional opportunities for the realization of design decisions.
Types ceiling tiles
Modern types of ceiling tiles vary according to the method of manufacture.
Depending on this it is:
- or injection.
extruded tile has the greatest durability and long life.Its production is based on the extrusion of polystyrene strips.
Several features of shape, it is:
- perfectly hide various defects ceiling.
- smooth tile surface is protected by a film coating, so it has a high moisture resistance.
The cheapest today is considered to be stamped tiles.But because of their brittleness it is quite impractical.
Besides, it does not have a protective coating, which is somewhat difficult to care potolkami.Odnako material quality is quite satisfactory.
The main difference is the injection of tiles:
- more, in comparison with analogues, thickness and high thermal insulation characteristics;
- ably fit the individual elements, the visual impression holistic, seamless surface;
- addition, if desired the tiles can be colored in almost any color;
- allowed to wet cleaning, using detergents that are used in everyday life.
Preparation before applying the ceiling tiles
Preparing the ceiling is as follows:
- removal of old wallpaper (see: How do different types of wallpaper removed from the ceiling), loose paint or whitewash;
- before sticking ceiling tile, the surface leveled;
- seams and joints sealed and coated with a primer sealer.The soil can be used as an aqueous solution of PVA glue.
What glue to use for
better to glue the ceiling tiles and how to choose the right material?The quality of the glue depends on the strength and reliability of fixing tiles.
In most cases, used for transparent polymer adhesive or adhesive putty.
Tip!If you are having difficulty with the choice of glue, you can seek help from a sales assistant that not only will help you choose the right glue, and explain how to use it properly.
For example, using adhesive putty-sealed joints between the tiles.If desired, it can be prepared individually.This will require 1kg finishing putty which must be diluted in water, then add to the mixture about 100g of PVA glue.
- Elbow - used for road marking on the tile and the ceiling.
- sharp knife.
- Spatula - to clean the ceiling of whitewash and paint, as well as to remove the excess glue.
- work begins with the layout of the ceiling into four parts.To this end, through the center of the cord is applied using two perpendicular lines.
- tile installation begins with the center. adhesive is applied to the back side products in the form of small points: along the edges and in the center.It is not recommended to stick the tiles immediately.
This should be done within a few seconds after application.
- other three tiles set in the same way: strictly on the lines of the markers.
- As a result, the ceiling in the center of the square is obtained, which in the future will be the basis for setting the coating.All other tiles glued parallel painted lines.
Practice shows that this method is the most convenient and simple.
following method stickers tiles experts called asymmetrical.It is not recommended to use a handyman with no experience of similar works, as is quite difficult to achieve in the fitting plates smooth joints.
It is also necessary to pay attention to the fact that the cutting boards is not compromised the overall picture ceiling covering.
Tip!Tiles glued to one side, allowing you to create a uniform color ceiling.For convenience, the reverse side has the meter needle.
- thickness of the adhesive layer which is applied to the back of the tile, depending on the status of ceilings.If the surface is rough, then touches make thick and bulky, with a diameter of 50 mm.
- As in the first method, first make markings on the ceiling, but the first tile is set parallel to one side wall and the other along the center line.
- plates during installation should be firmly pressed to the surface, but at the same time to comply with some caution not to damage the fragile items.
- For the rest of the tiles are mounted parallel to the initial number.Each plate paste, as closely as possible to the adjacent, thus avoiding large gaps.
- After the installation of all the cracks sealed with sealant, especially with respect to the ceiling in the bathroom, where humidity is high.The joints between the walls and slabs close rails or baseboards.
recommended to seal even the small gap, so that the surface of the ceiling will look like a single entity. to work can be used as a transparent sealant material and the same color tiles.
joints sealed with a special syringe that cause thin strips of sealant.When he got to the front of the plate, the surface should be wiped with a damp sponge.
sealant, which falls on the surface of the plates should be removed immediately, because after it hardens, remove it would be quite difficult.
For more detailed information on the technology of installation of ceiling tiles in a network of Internet sites have detailed instructions, as well as photos and video.