We always strive to bring to life something new, modify and embellish their ordinariness.And often start with their homes.We want to make a quick, cheap and nice.
But when we begin to choose one or the other thing, we think it is very expensive, it does not fit into our future interior.Therefore, some things have to give.But all is banal ignorance of alternatives to existing materials.
What is it?Perhaps you have such a situation was when you wanted to make a cornice lighting, ceiling or work surface in the kitchen.In this article, and will talk about how to make LED lighting ceiling.You will learn and be able to establish ourselves LED backlight LED-elements of the belt type, adhering clear instructions set out below.
Types LED strips
You can hang a chandelier in the suspended ceiling and can be done to make a ceiling with LED lights.Let us consider the components of the components of this type of illumination.In the production of LED strips use two technologies: SMD and DIP .
will consider first, since it is the most common in our market.The designation is still present figures for the size of the crystal chip in millimeters.Example: SMD 3528 - the chip size of 3.5 mm x2,8 mm.
Feature LED strips:
- The luminous flux - the number of LEDs per meter running;
- glow color.
The color illumination LED Strip are divided into:
- Monochrome , ieuniform color.Say: white yellow green, etc .;
- Colored , iecreate any color RGB.
And another important parameter - the color temperature, which varies from 2700 K to 10,000 K .Supply voltage for the LED strip is 12 or 24, but second voltage is very rarely seen.For their supply voltage converter is needed, i.e. transformer 220V / 12V .
to control the LED strip used controllers , who run a smooth change brightness LEDs for each color.Most of them are controlled by remote control that comes with it.
Pros LED strips:
- Easy installation , so they have the support on the basis of its double-sided tape;
- Low cost operation , because they have the highest rate in the ratio of light output / value of operating costs;
- in reliability because they have a long life ;
- Can not overheating elements , as the light output is proportional to the length of the tape;
- realize any design solutions;
- Selecting any desired color shade, using RGB-tapes .
And some disadvantages:
- Compared with white LEDs, color rendering index deteriorated.
LED strip is a flexible fee, arranged with her two components - light emitting diodes and resistors.What are the differences between them?
- By type LED .The most popular is the 3528 and 5050 Technology SMD.That is, their sizes are respectively 3.5 to 2.8 and 50 to 50;
- Number of LEDs per meter .This parameter is important because it determines the brightness and power consumption;
- Quality .There are two versions: Professional and Economy Class.The latter is not difficult to guess is made from cheaper components;
- degree of protection .IP- classification indicator on the packaging which indicates protection against external influences, such as water comes into contact with solid objects, and so on;
- glow color .Monochrome or RGB;
- background color .Of particular influence on the characteristics do not have, but only has a value from an aesthetic point of view.
Preparing to install
begin with selecting the place of installation.If you are just planning to repair, then you need to make a niche in the ceiling in the form of shelves, along the perimeter of the room.But let's look at the procedure works.
Before installing the ceiling:
- Adopt feeding niche for the future, through the switch;
- ceiling in the future to provide a place for the transformer , ieshelf width should be sufficient to install it;
- Output cable for the controller.Below we discuss the cases in which it is applied.
now can produce LED ceiling with tape.In addition to this coverage, you can consider the option of ceiling spotlights.All the following materials must be purchased in advance.
Choose the type of lighting
Select LED-LED backlight .In our market a great choice.You must decide for yourself what you want to highlight.There are several options as you choose.
most popular LED- tape:
- with the lowest brightness.Number of LEDs - 60 pcs.linear meter;
- Bright.Number of LEDs - 120 pcs.linear meter;
- RGB - tricolor.Number of LEDs - 30 pcs.linear meter;
FAQ.All of them have a standard length of 5 meters and wound into coils.We will consider an option with backlit RGB-.If you want to monochrome, the method of assembly remains the same.
You ceiling ready and you can start the installation works.At the beginning of the preparatory work, I talked about the fact that all materials must be purchased in advance.Why is that?We need to position the tape evenly around the perimeter.Then the flow of light to be around the same.
data are approximate, since it is unknown what is the length of your shelves around the perimeter.But you have to start from the length of the tapes, which can be connected to each other.
For example, to take a room in a 20 m2.In view of the false ceiling and niches, shelves, it turned out the perimeter of 14 meters / running.
- 3 bay tape 5 meters / running each;
- transformer 220V / 12V and 150 Watt;
- RGB-controller , it is required if you decide to use tri-color backlit 180 watts.For single color, it is not necessary;
- Postings to connect or connectors;
- Aluminum profile size of 3 cm x 1 meter.It is required for fixing the tape and serve as a heat sink for removal of heat;
- shrinkable tubing (about 0.8 meters).
How to calculate the data itself?You need to know the power LED 1 meter, in this case 7 Watts.Multiply by the total length of the tape, which will be mounted, ie7Vatt x5 m / running x3 bay and get 105 watts.
then multiplied by the power factor (it provides uninterrupted operation of the scheme) 131,25 1,25 eventually rounded up to 150 watts, that is,with a margin.
Council.To check the condition of choice, use the formula: P (with a reserve capacity of the tape) & lt; P (power transformer) & lt; P (power controller).
For our circuit conditions are met.
Well, let's start.With what begins the LED Light ceiling?
Cut the required length of the tape, in our case, the length of each shelf 3 m x4 m, ie2 pieces of 4 meters, 1 piece of 3 meters, and the rest we connect with each other by wires from the kit, followed by soldering shrink insulation tape.
Cut tape must be done in specially marked locations, otherwise it will not operate.
How to connect the wires?Prepare soldering 25W wiring 4 pieces of different colors (red, green, blue and fourth any color) for each section of 0.75 mm2 and a length of 20cm.Strip the ends of both sides of 1 cm.
to tin using tin and rosin.Solder to the board carefully observing the color.Then, slide the shrink tube and using a hair dryer or a construction matches, preheat it.It will pull together.
Lay the prepared pieces of tape around the perimeter of the ceiling, remove the protective paper and stick itto the aluminum profile.If you want to glue directly to the bottom shelf, she co-eventually come off, as is the heating pad LEDs.
Install transformer on a niche-shelf and connect it to the conclusions of the tapes through the controller.Before that, a closer look at the wiring.
How to make LED ceiling?If you, for example, using a suspended ceiling, the LEDs can be hidden underneath.To do so, provide a place for the transformer and the controller.
They must be easily accessible.The method of installation is identical.To create the effect, as in the photo, first attach the profile to the ceiling, then it kleite tape.
You can use them to illuminate the eaves.Keeping all the dimensions indicated in the figure.In this case it is also necessary to have a space for the transformer and a controller.
If space allows, they can be hidden in the eaves.Method fastening tape is the same as in the previous examples.
Well, on the right?Then you are to be congratulated.You learned how to install LED strips in the recess of the ceiling.And you have learned another way how you can change and decorate their homes.In addition, also found out about other ways to use LED strips.Good luck to you!