To calculate the required number of panels, it is necessary to divide the total area of the ceiling (for this side, and measured parameters are multiplied) in the area of one panel (indicated on the package).On the segment must be added 15%, rounded up to the nearest whole.
Calculation of materials
Typically, the thickness of PVC panels for bath is 5-10 mm, width - 25-50 cm in length - from 270 to 300 cm.
would be difficult to calculate the number of metal profiles.For this paper depict exact scaled diagram of the ceiling.
Along one side draw parallel lines. It should be remembered that the profiles must be located at a distance of 60 cm from each other.
expect as required on the premises.It will also require more stringent profiles, which are fixed on the perimeter.
- To mount the plastic panel on the ceiling of the bathroom, require screws.The number of screws for fastening the panels and wall plugs for fixing the profiles is calculated based on the number of available panels and profiles (better to take the reserve).
If you wish, the profiles can be replaced by a wooden beam.Instead of screws used in this case bracket.
Such an approach would save money and simplify the process of assembling the panels.
Now ceiling moldings.Divide the perimeter of the ceiling for three, and as a result we obtain the required amount of floor.
main thing - do not confuse
Tip!Do not confuse the ceiling panels with wall!
In large hardware store offers a huge selection of plastic panels.Different lengths and widths.The price is also different.You can choose what you like, to your taste.
The main difference is in the weight panels - wall specimens much harder and heavier.Ceiling, in turn, is much easier, greatly simplifying installation.
ceiling panels are brittle, so work with them requires care: you can make a dent even a finger, rather than what tools. Before going to the store, you can view photos of ceiling and wall panels on the Internet.
Advantages of PVC panels
PVC panels have the same value as the ceilings:
- Alignment surface of any curvature;
- There is no need to dismantle the old coating;
- Easy to install various lamps - even instruction is not required;
- Ability to hide under the panels of different communications;
- Ease of construction (much easier, even in comparison with plasterboard);
- possibility of using thermal insulation and sound insulation;
- lack of "wet" processes.
addition, the plastic ceiling panels benefit from the same plasterboard in terms of the final cost and easy installation - just assemble and no stripping, putty, paint and the like.
important to know that plastic panels differ in the application of technology to them decorative coating:
- matte white panels do not have any coverage.This so-called "pure" panel.Affordability;If
- panel surface shiny, then it means that the manufacturing process it is covered with special varnish.
mounting ceiling in the bathroom
ceiling of plastic panels in a bathroom - a video installation he can be seen on all major construction resources.It is no accident, because it is the best option finishing the interior.
This kind of ceiling has a lot of advantages that surpass its shortcomings. First of all, it is possible to note the relatively inexpensive cost and, of course, practicality.
Tools and materials
To make a ceiling with your hands need the following tools and materials:
- Punch or drill;
- sharp knife;
- metal profile (UD-profile) and CD-2.5h2.5 profile 2.5h6 cm (profiles for suspended ceilings);
- moldings or starting strap;
- Building levels;
- plastic panels.
Install plastic panels for bathroom ceiling is not as difficult as it might seem at first glance.This work does not require special skills and building skills.
In principle, many handle this without any problems at the responsible approach to business.
finishing the ceiling in the bathroom to begin with training facilities and layout.It is best to remove all the excess out of the room, so that nothing could stop working.
marking frame required to fathom the level of the perimeter, mark the line on the wall where the new ceiling will be nachinatsya.Esli you exactly stacked tiles, the building level, you can not use, making the measurement of the tile joints.
also need to think in advance and buy lighting fixtures (sm.Potolochnye Nouveau lamps - stylish home furnishings).Most likely, the new ceiling will need to lower the relatively old - up to 10-12 cm.
- first cut UD-profile along the length of the wall (the desired length of pre-measured out a tape measure).In the profile of the drilled holes for dowels in increments of about 50 cm.
Put the profile against the wall on marked places, drill holes in the wall, just at fixing.We fix metal profile anchors.
For this work fit the special plugs that can clog hammer.
- CD-profile is cut to the desired length and width of the bathroom.Keep in mind that plastic ceiling tiles for the bathroom are fixed perpendicular to the direction of the profile.Then
CD-profile is inserted into the guide profile.Between the carrier profiles distance should be more than 40 cm.
If the distance is large, then the panel will sag.
- If your Profile length 150 cm, in order to give the rigidity of the structure, it must be fixed to the ceiling with metal hangers.In addition, in places the insertion profiles necessary to twist screws.
Then you can say that the frame is ready, so you can start the installation of the panels.
- Note that if you do not plan to use spotlights as lighting, in place of fixing ceiling light need to set another profile to mount the light fixture.
Before you mount the plastic ceiling panel bath required around the perimeter of the bar to set the starting (the side with the screws to the guide profile).Note that you can use instead of decorative moldings launch rail.
but not necessarily a guide to install the profile.If you have a tile, then it is best to stick to simple liquid nails ceiling moldings.So
- panels are cut to size.Then we take the starting bar and paste it at one end.Next
bit wobbly it and install the other end.Her little pressed against the wall and fasten with screws and washer.
- remaining panels are installed the same way.Press them in the previous joint.It is necessary to monitor the pressing force, because the plastic is fragile material that breaks easily.
- last panel must be cut to length with a knife.It is inserted into the starting rail, screwed it optional.
Before installing plastic panels for the ceiling in the bathroom, you need to take care of the future of lighting facilities.
After you set the framework, it is necessary to reach wiring to all future fixtures.It is best not to save the wire and leave long "tails", because you can always cut off the excess.
- recommended to use double insulated wiring additionally protected corrugated plastic hose.Check out her performance is desirable immediately.
- plastic panels before reaching the place where the lights will be located, the place you need to make a hole and mark the desired size.
- All wires are pulled through the hole made.
- Power Lamp is connected via terminals.
- Install bulbs.
Tips for installation
polyethylene film, which is used to protect the front side panels removed right before the installation to completely eliminate the possibility of accidental damage to the glossy surface of the material.
Tip!During operation, especially when marking and cutting the panels, you should try to avoid contact with the tool face panels.
Cutting plastic panels made with a hacksaw for metal.Sawn panel on the front side in order to eliminate the possibility of chipping on it.