Tension ceilings in the bathroom - a modern and correct decision.They are characterized by good water-repellent properties.
In addition, if the neighbors above you will start to flood, the flood can not be afraid: 1 sq.m.tension fabric can withstand the order of 90-110 liters of water.Stretch ceilings in the bathroom easily dismantled if they need to be dry, and also easy to install back.
Of course, if you are familiar with the peculiarities of installation and have experience in this field, the suspended ceiling of the bathroom can be installed by hand.
But it is necessary to take into account some important nuances:
- purchase all materials and tools - the event is not cheap.Therefore, if you are not confident that you can do everything yourself, then a specialist is not worth saving.
Otherwise, spending will increase;
- Stretch ceilings in the bathroom, all the tension structures, assembled with the help of a heat gun and gas cylinders, so you need to observe safety precautions.
On our site you can find a variety of photo and video installation of suspended ceilings.Do not neglect this information.
Ceilings can be or fabric (polyester) or film (polyvinyl chloride) .
Tip!Fabric suspended ceiling in the bathroom is not recommended to install.
Film ceilings made of PVC.Features of PVC materials:
- has high elasticity - in the process of heating the stretched by 10%, and during the cooling return the original form.
- This feature PVC film provides a completely flat surface.
- Stretch ceilings for bathroom are made in a wide range of shades , so it will be easy to choose coverage under the interior.The material can be matte, glossy or satin finish.
Note: to date, the price of the ceilings falling.The reason for that - widespread such structures and the increase in the number of manufacturers.
Preparatory work prior to installation of the ceiling
installing the suspended ceiling for the bathroom, it is necessary to conduct some training rough surface:
- First of all it is thoroughly cleaned.It is important that no traces of whitewash (see: How do wash whitewash from the ceiling with the least effort), plaster and dust.
Otherwise stretched canvas will be stained and dirt with them to remove the problematic;
- After that determined the future of the area of coverage. to evenly pull the stretch ceilings in the bathroom, measurements should be carried out as accurately as possible with the help of a spirit level and measuring instruments;
- Measurements are made along the perimeter of the ceiling and fixed separately on paper.After that, the future is drawn diagram of the structure, which necessarily should be noted fixtures, openings, etc .;
- With the construction level mark applied for securing a baguette;
- Preparations baguette: for angular joints profiles are cut, they drilled holes for mounting;
- The bathroom stretch ceiling mounted outside the box: the need to consider securing a baguette wall material (in this case a tile).Tile spacing between dowels will be 10-12 cm;
- screwed baguette, mark locations for fixtures and wiring.
Tip!It is necessary to pay attention to: the layout of fixtures must be marked on the ceiling and on paper.To do this it is best to use a laser or plumb line.
The layout should be kept until the end of the work.It is recommended to use a permanent marker.
install suspended ceilings in the bathroom should be based on some of the features:
- Before you pull the cloth out of the package, you need to close the door to the bathroom andheat the air to 40 degrees ;
- out of the box, it is heated gradually.During this process, be sure to use a heat gun;
- PVC film should be heated to 60 degrees.Required!
The material will be easier to pull out of the baguette.
If the packaging material has a guide, it should be read carefully, even if you've already installed the suspended ceiling of the bathroom.
- The instructions always specify which of the angles should be secured in the first place;
- Once this is clarified, begin fastening the film.The film should be fixed on each of the corners.Gradual transition from one corner to another, attach each corner;
- In the process, you need to constantly heat the coating .This helps in pulling the film on a baguette, and lets you quickly straighten folds and creases appear;
- Once the film on the suspended ceiling in the bathroom is tight, it is necessary to warm up even from the heat gun for about 15-20 minutes;
- After warming up, you can open the door and ventilate the area.
note that the gap between the ceiling and the walls can be closed by a variety of decorative covers.After airing the room
web can be gently washed and cleaned with detergents, but not abrasive.
Such fastening fits Tension ceilings for bathroom using PVC film.Dlyafiksatsii cover this method in recent years is gaining popularity.
The advantages of this method of attachment:
- With harpoon attachment can assemble and dismantle the suspended ceiling in the bath unlimited number of times.
- method is suitable if you want to install a few lights in different parts of the ceiling.
Tension ceilings in the bathroom and in any other room to be installed by professionals.Mounting tension ceilings spend 2-3 specialist with special equipment.
Purchase materials, purchase of equipment, inexperience and errors during installation - just spend more.