Due to the high humidity, repairs in the bathroom has its own characteristics.This also applies to the ceiling.But
options here, even more than in any other room.We'll tell you what you can do in the bathroom ceiling, the advantages and disadvantages of each type.
Indoor bathroom is almost never a joint slabs, which means that the ceiling is smooth and without seams.Otherwise, we would have to do the alignment.
So before whitewash the ceiling in the bathroom (sm.Pobelka ceiling lime: how to make the right), it is sufficient to clean the surface with a spatula to a plate, putty small cracks, walk on them with fine sandpaper and primed.After the primer has dried, you can start coloring.
All kinds of water-based paints have anti-fungal properties, so good for rooms with high humidity.
The only stumbling block in this case may be the fact that the bathroom - this room, the most frequently flooded neighbors above.In this situation, the
And here you get to decide whether to make just such a ceiling.Or maybe you live on the top floor or in a private home, a situation that touches you.
There are two kinds of water-based paint, which is used for bathrooms.Tell us a little about them.
- Produce it on the basis of acrylic resins that make waterproof coating, giving it durability.
- This latex has a wide spectrum of colors, which makes it possible to obtain not only the surface of the white color.
- This coating is a long time without requiring frequent updating.
- This is a more expensive paint.Its water-repellent effect it has received through latex.
Using this paint, you can even do without the filler surface.Latex paint, wrought in two layers, easily hide small defects ceiling.
- ceiling, painted a paint can even rub, though wash, rinse with running water though.
- Pretty high price of latex paint latex justified long-life coating (12-15 years).
tile of expanded polystyrene
Perhaps this option finishing the ceiling is the most popular, as the force of its low cost and because such a tile is not afraid of water, and no leaks it is notterrible.
Basic dimension of ceiling tiles - 50x50 cm. By selecting it with the purchase, you need to pay attention to the accuracy of the geometry of the square - the corners of the tiles must be straight, otherwise they do not exactly stick out.
Check whether the edge crumble, do not crumble if polystyrene particles.High-quality tile can crack under its own weight, so you need to take the tiles in one corner and hold.
If she did not pass a simple test of strength, from the purchase should be abandoned. The simplest way of calculating the number of tiles, especially for irregularly shaped room, is to use cardboard template with the same dimensions.
So you can very accurately calculate how much material you need to buy.Reserve for waste need to add 10-15%.
If the room has a regular geometric shape, you can do simple counting area by the formula (length multiplied by width).According to a method of producing several types of tile of expanded polystyrene.
- Her produce using mechanical method of forming styrofoam blocks.It has a fairly loose structure and a porous surface.
Its thickness of no more than 8 mm, this tile is the most fragile of all kinds.
- Pressed tiles, thanks to its low price, it is suitable for the budget repair.
Technology of this tile is slightly different. hot mass is extruded polystyrene through a special form.
This method is called - extrusion. Hence the name of the tile.
In appearance, it is also different: the surface of her smooth and shiny.Varied design and rich texture of a tile gives a fairly beautiful ceiling.
This type of tile is also produced at high temperatures.The raw material is filled in a mold and sintered special installations.
Usually, this tile has a deep relief ornament, while its thickness from 10 to 15 mm.
variation of tile does not affect the method of its installation, so we summarize the information about how to do in the bathroom ceiling tile material.
- need to start working from the center of the room to determine it is necessary to do the layout.
- are held on the ceiling with a pencil crosswise two diagonals.Putting lines mid opposite walls.
- center of the room and will be a point of intersection of these lines.In other areas this is usually the point of a chandelier.
The bathrooms are typical apartments often covered wall lights located above the door.Therefore, you need to find the center point using markup.
- now ready to label.Through the use of any glue, designed to work with polymers.
Mount tiles need from the center diagonally, causing the glue evenly on its underside.
- tile to the ceiling are putting not just for curing the adhesive takes a few minutes.Normally, this information is specified on the bottle.
- first tile you need to make an angle of the center point. the photo markup is clearly visible.Next you need to lay out the entire central square and glue it on the tile to the side walls.
- Usually, the last tile is not entirely falls, it must be cut so that it fits against a wall cut line.It will then be hidden ceiling molding, gluing, and which completes the process of facing the ceiling.
about how to properly trim the plinth for external and internal angles, you can see the video.
- As you can see, nothing complicated in this work is not only a lazy landlord will not be able to fulfill its own hands.
- Once and tiles, eaves and glued, it is necessary to close up all the joints between them.It is better to use white acrylic sealant.
- extruded, tile desirable top paint with latex paint of the same color.This will give the ceiling a uniform tone, and virtually no visible seams between the tiles.
- Other plates can be coated at the factory waterproof paint and additional treatment is not required.
plasterboard lining of the board, for that matter, and out of plastic panels, can perform two types of ceiling structures: podshivnoy and suspension.The difference between them is only in the method of fixing the panels.
for bathroom use only water-resistant gypsum board, gypsum plasterboard markable .He has a wonderful feature - wet sheet can bend and after drying it returns to its original shape.
But plastic, as is known, the water is not afraid at all.Wooden wall paneling chipboard or laminated sheets require additional protection in the form of pre-coating with an antiseptic.
The same treatment is needed for the wooden slats, which will be filed plasterboard.It is important that a well-functioning bathroom ventilation.
Under these conditions, humidity is terrible even for wooden ceilings.Incidentally, such a ceiling, or even a complete tree-covered bathroom, not only has a spectacular view.
Wood radiates energy and a unique flavor, which contributes to a sense of peace.
Clear instructions on how to file the ceiling in the bathroom, how to do it accurately and reliably, you certainly can not hurt.So
- In podshivnoy embodiment pieces of wood or metal profiles are not suspended and are attached directly to the slab .He has a lot of advantages.
This ceiling will hide all the flaws of the ceiling, and even the old paint can not be removed.If it was not three-dimensional.
- greatly simplifies the process of creating a zone and spot lighting.Compared with suspended structures, podshivnoy ceiling does not take height of the room and is suitable for installation in rooms with a low ceiling.
- In these frames can be mounted any kind of boards or panels.Upon completion of the binder, it is desirable to seal all joints with sealing tape, putty and water-resistant varnish or paint, depending on the material chosen.
No dampness such ceiling is not terrible.
The name they got from the characteristics of the carcass structure.Profiles are attached in this case to the ceiling and to the special suspension.
Such designs are good for high spaces and they can perform in the same level, and the multilevel embodiment.
If you want trendy design, will have to invite specialists, as do the ceiling in the bathroom is not always easy, there is a fairly complex structure.Their installation requires special equipment.
to the bathroom it would be an ideal option .The essence of this structure is as follows: on a metal frame, mounted to the ceiling under high temperature, stretched fabric made of durable, flexible vinyl.
way, you can pull and textile fabric, but not for the bathroom.
PVC film used for such ceilings have a huge variety in color and texture.They can be used to perform complex spatial configurations at different planes.
Cloth, despite its lightness and fine structure, very strong.Even if you happen to leakage of water, it just sag under its weight.
PVC film can withstand loads of up to 100kg / m2.
Just in this situation will need to call the installers.They unfasten one corner of the film, will merge water and will dry the space between it and the capital ceiling heat gun.Then
workers secure in place stretched canvas.Well, you know how they say, show the score neighbors.About
drywall as the material for the ceiling in the bathroom, we have already mentioned.From it, too, can do multi-level ceilings.But there are several types of materials, remarkably suitable for the ceiling in the bathroom.
Ceiling aluminum panels are combined with wonderful metal fittings. They are not afraid of moisture, they do not require additional treatment, and a variety of textures simply amazing.
surface of a rack may be in chrome and golden, mirror, matte and multicolor.Moreover, the forms may be only geometric.
only drawback: the metal is going on any condensate, so metal ceiling will have to be washed frequently.
frame of the ceiling is going to of narrow, long strips.Hence the name.
For fans of non-standard solutions, you can choose to ceiling mosaic, clear or colored glass and mirrors.All this magnificence is possible to emphasize the well-thought-out lighting, and voila - you're admiring, lying in the bath, the beautiful and modern ceiling.
Just on our website you can learn about how to make a cassette ceiling in the bathroom.