ceilings What is better?This question asks anyone who will repair old homes, or finishing just built home.
In this article we will explain what form of suspended ceilings are used today in the design of public and residential buildings.We will understand together, which of the options you can create your own hands, and in any case it is better to turn to professionals.
For clarity, we give you a few examples from successful design solutions.
Selection Criteria ceiling
Individual ceiling design is very important for finishing the interior as a whole.Without giving the ceiling surface of the original form, creating an unusual topography, interesting color combinations and high quality lighting even hard to imagine a modern interior.So
- Connect all of this, so to speak, "in one bottle", allow suspended ceiling structures.Moreover, with their help to solve many practical problems. for public and office buildings is especially important.
- where there are split-system, sensors burglar and fire alarm systems, where to hide cables and pipes, and finally, how to adjust the height of the room?
- solution is obvious - you need to install a suspended ceiling!What ceilings choose the best for a particular room, you need to decide on the basis of its purpose, as well as the height and configuration of the base slab.
- If we talk about the administrative, social and shopping buildings, the design of which is almost always different.In such cases, suspended ceilings designed more under construction and parts for assembly are produced exclusively.
- Update ceiling interior, for example, in the terminal building, the hotel lobby, and the lobby of the concert hall, only during the period of reconstruction or repair.But until then, the beginning of construction, will take decades.
Provided, of course, that the creation of a false ceiling used materials of adequate quality, and installation was carried out without departing from the technology.
As for houses and apartments, the owner of the design make a choice on their own accounts.Even if you ask for help from specialists, and offers several options for designs - the choice will still be yours.
ceilings and small rooms
So, let's think together about what to do in the house ceilings.Let's start with the entrance hall - that it is a hallmark of its inhabitants.
Most often, this room is poorly lit, so it does not have windows.But this is not its only problem.So
- Often hall has an elongated parallelepiped, with rather limited internal space.In apartment buildings, added to these deficiencies still relatively low height.
- How to get rid of these problems and get a harmonious interior.It will help in the installation of a suspended ceiling particular form.
First you need to think about it, and only then decide, with the help of the material can bring to life your fantasies.
- In this hall, which we have described above, first of all, you should try to get away from the regular geometric shape of the ceiling.And so, one of the most suitable options that can be used in this case.This is a curved caisson ceiling plasterboard.
- In small rooms, the ceiling is carried out on the surface of one large groove.Caisson always makes the room above, especially if it is the "bottom" is painted in a lighter shade.Incidentally, the surface in the recess may not be hemmed plasterboard.
- Serve as the bottom of the box may well aligned base plate.This figure not only fits perfectly in the ceiling hallways or corridors - the configuration of the box often have the same bedroom and kitchen.
- Looking through photos of design of interiors, you can see the many variations of the design that is similar to this.Often there are wide projections on the perimeter of the ceiling, made in the form of overhanging eaves.
space between the layers, thus, remains open - it is usually installed lights.
- This curved steps, both symmetrical and made in one zone ceiling.Of course, these options are good not only for the hall or kitchen.
ceiling of the living room, for example, such a design would benefit.Simply, if the room has a large area, the caisson as it cuts the lateral jumper.The design you can see in the example below.
- for vestibules, kitchens and bathrooms, as well as possible suitable acrylic modular ceiling.Of course, decorative modules can be made of natural glass or glass - but it is more expensive options.Price hardboard (so-called acrylic glass), we can say, it is the budget.
- when using glass cartridges, caissons on the ceiling are not required.The visual depth of the ceiling, in this case, is provided due to the transmission coefficient of these materials, as well as their internal illumination.Frosted glass is most often used in the ceiling structures of this type.
- No less popular and printing on glass.It can be as abstract pattern and landscape image of the animal, or a photographic image of the sky.And, the glazing is not required to be performed over the entire ceiling area.
- One or more glazed frames can be inserted in drywall, wood or stretched canvas.The insert may be located, for example, across the long wall, thereby adjusting the room space.
- Moveable frame often asymmetrically inserted into the ceiling, concentrating them in a certain area.In the hallway, usually zoned entrance, in the kitchen - dining area, in the bedroom - the bed headboard.
- most practical option for kitchen and bathroom, can be called a rack and coffered ceiling.Collect them from aluminum modules having a first case configuration lengthy narrow panel (slats) and in the second case - a square.
- Perhaps aluminum ceilings can be called the most durable, despite the fact that their operation is carried out in conditions of high humidity.These ceilings are usually repeated overlapping configuration, and installed in a single plane.
exception is only those structures that are assembled from thin and flexible aluminum tape.All parts for mounting aluminum ceiling, can be purchased in kit from the manufacturer.
instructions attached to it, will help anyone who wants to collect such a ceiling on their own.
PVC film and gypsum plasterboard: the diversity of
only option that can be used to design ceiling in the room any purpose, it suspended ceiling.It looks equally well both in the bathroom and a large living room.So
- In small rooms usually ceilings made in one level.And here is where the space of the room allows, you can let the imagination run wild.Tighten the PVC film on the frame can be of any design: a few levels, and different planes.
- ceilings with complex designs, often erect in the living room.This is not surprising, since this is the room for receiving guests and impress them wants everyone to master.
- Drywall does not yield the stretched canvas, and even adds even more possibilities to create unusual shapes: curved surfaces, volumetric shapes, caissons.
- advantage of a stretch ceiling is that you can install it quickly, in one to two days.In addition, the web does not require finishing.But for its manufacture and installation you will have to seek the services of specialized firms.
- plasterboard sheets you can try to do it yourself.This does not mean, of course, that you can immediately take on intricate designs - in all necessary skill and experience.
And to think that everything is so easy, it would be wrong.
- should begin with a simple example, with the filing of the ceiling in the same level, or the headliner of the attic.There's no need to fantasize too much, because most often it is the configuration of the roof.
- On our site there are many articles and videos to help you cope with the task.In them you will find many examples of different designs of ceiling structures made of gypsum plasterboard.
- Stretch film and drywall, we have combined in a single chapter, as in the ceiling structures, they are also often coexist.Therefore, we will discuss the form, and you - to think, which of these two materials prefer to create a false ceiling.
- So, what forms of ceiling structures are the most popular today?About caissons we said.Grooves may be of various shapes, including oval, as in our example.
- This is the same option as in the design combines two materials: the first level is spanned glossy canvas, and the second layer is made of gypsum plasterboard.This ceiling can be fully made from plasterboard.
In this case, the role of glossy stretch film, plays a self-adhesive film.
- When it comes to the ceilings in the spacious rooms, then we face a very different challenge.Roof design should divide the space into zones, and to make it more compact.
- The apartments, the largest area is the living room.In private homes, there are also quite spacious bedrooms and dining rooms, and even bathrooms.
- In the picture below you can see the bedroom, which also made a combined ceiling construction.Part of the ceiling above the headboard, which distinguishes the sleeping area, made of gypsum board, as in the rest of strained glossy canvas.
- Bedside area highlighted not only in the area of the ceiling, but also on the wall.For this purpose, there is also used a gypsum plasterboard.
bedrooms This design is the most common today.The reason for this, the desire to make the room as comfortable as possible for the rest.
- Psychologists believe that a person in a horizontal position, feels more comfortable when the ceiling is closer.For the same reason, the overhanging portion of the ceiling has a darker hue that visually brings its surface.This design is ideal for rooms with lots of natural light.
- And here is another example of using zoning bedroom ceiling.In the photo above, a bedroom located in the attic, which has no windows.What we see on the wall, it's false-box made for psychological comfort.
- On the ceiling are located in a series of three fairly large recess.Caissons are well highlighted, plus spotlights and finishing entire room done in white.Due to this design, the lack of windows did not notice.
- biggest challenge different ceilings in children's rooms.It has to do not only the various figures in the form of sun, Tucek and butterflies, but also often hand-painted as finishing.Not possessing artistic talent, perform a design of children's self, simply unreal.
- Ceiling drywall combine not only stretched canvas but also with wood.Most often, this wooden beams, the space between them hemmed gypsum plasterboard or stained frame.
- This design is suitable for almost any room, and is used in their design in classic English style.Such a ceiling in the interior of the room combined with a beautiful wooden moldings, decorative partitions, walls jointing strips or rack.
- way, the ceiling can be completely made of wood.I do not mean banal filing its surface board and ceiling modules: coffered, relief, carved - mounted on the frame.Wooden ceilings are ideal for interior room, an office, or a billiard.
There are many types of ceiling panels is made of precious wood, and in more affordable versions: MDF covered with veneer or plywood.At this point the choice depends on the amount of money you can afford to spend on finishing the ceiling.