The ceiling is the most visible part of any room, that is why the regeneration of the interior should be given to him no less.Standard white ceilings are now becoming rarer and are replaced by construction of unusual form in which recessed luminaire.
All this became possible thanks to the appearance on the market of such material as drywall.It is worth noting that the price of the material is very attractive, which allows even people with average incomes easily make an excellent repair their own hands.
plasterboard suspended in design has many types and forms.The properties of the material not only allow the ceiling to give the base a flat surface, and hide all the flaws of the design, whether the cracks, bumps or electrical wiring.
Gypsum is a versatile building material, it allows you to use it when you create the most unusual and varied interior design. Plasterboard suspended structures easily fit into every project executed in any style.
So how to make the most of the ceiling drywall?Next, we analyze in detail all the stages, but now a little bit about what are the plasterboard ceiling.
Types plasterboard ceilings
conditionally suspended plasterboard construction can be divided into the following types:
- usual sibling , which are designed to hide all sorts of flaws rough surface;
- Multilevel design , ceilings that give volume and change their geometric shape;
- drywall constructions , which serve as the basis for fixing the various finishing materials such as mirrors, glass, etc .;
- Other types of suspended ceilings made of plasterboard.
plasterboard false ceiling may have:
- built-in lights
- backlight design features (tape with LEDs);
- various decorative elements.
Suspended plasterboard ceiling can be installed in any room, for example:
- in any living room.
- In the bathroom (use water resistant drywall).
- in the hallway.
- the balcony.
- in offices and others.
Tip: Before self-assembly is necessary to understand the terms.Thus, the term "pendant" is a verbal interpretation, for suspended ceilings - is the monolithic construction created from the profiles, and fixed to the base plane rigid suspensions.
And if everything is clear, then you will not be difficult, how to make the most of the ceiling drywall.
Technology of work
We now consider the stages of the process, how to make a false ceiling plasterboard.So
- choice of tools and materials;
- mounting frame (sm.Karkas ceiling plasterboard - all the little things or little things do not happen.)
- Adjustment and attachment of ceiling tiles.
For rigid structure in the construction of the ceiling in order to avoid the formation of cracks in the joints, you must use a special material designed for this purpose.
Such materials are:
- Plasterboard ceiling 9 mm;
- metal profile types UD, and SD, 3 m;
- dowels to secure the frame to the ceiling;
- suspension ceiling plasterboard;
- Screws , and hangers for mounting profile with each other and fixing plasterboard;
- reinforced tape , to increase in places of seams and joints - serpyanka;
- Caulking , for glossing over the joints and grooves in the screw locations.
You will need:
- Bulgarka or hacksaw;
- Drill having an impact mode or a hammer;
- screwdriver and set of bits;
- Shears for cutting metal;
- water level;
- Choklayn , the name has a tool for spacing lines of color on the walls of backfilling.
This stage is the most critical because it determines the strength and the entire structure and the kind of future the ceiling.
Technology installation of suspended ceilings made of plasterboard is quite simple, but it is necessary to understand especially at the stage of counting. On our website you can see a video how to make plasterboard, you can catch all the subtleties of the process.
Initially, you must use a water level to measure all elevation to determine the lowest point.
Only then measurements can proceed directly to the layout of the ceiling:
- determines the line for the first profile, departing from the lowest point on the 6-15 cm. In order to have a place lighting and wiring;
- notes on the nearest wall contour pencil;
- With water level define and mark the point on the remaining walls;
- All lines combine into a single circuit, with proper metering, all the lines should go back to the original point.About how to make a false ceiling plasterboard video tells more detail.
next stage - marking for fastening the main bearing guides.To do this, the ceiling is carried out parallel lines every 1250 mm, which is half the length of the gypsum board. These lines will become the reference, which will be installed hangers with metal anchors - wedges or plugs.
Tip: metal profiles in the ceiling should be held only in the middle of the sheet or on its edges.This important factor should be considered at the stage of counting.
- After drawing markup proceed directly to the installation frame.
- Along the perimeter of the room is secured type profile UD, assembly takes place in horizontal lines plugs every 350-500 mm;
- Further, each 500 mm to the ceiling on drawing lines set suspensions;
- Then prepare the profile of the SD of the required length (if necessary, trimmed his or dotachivayut);
- prepared profile is inserted into the guide and fixed to the suspensions with screws on both sides, do not forget to monitor the accuracy of the installation using a spirit level;
- then mounted transverse profiles required length c;
- With crabs connect cross sections with the main guide;
- strength of the finished structure must be checked for stiffness - it has to be monolithic.
Do not forget, in spite of the multiple layers, that whatever projects suspended ceilings made of plasterboard, most importantly, that the frame was thoroughly in order to avoid strong vibrations, which can lead to cracks in the joints.
Adjustment and fixing plasterboard
This is the final stage, it is binding on a metal frame plasterboard.
Who will be needed:
- Wooden Ruler with a pencil;
- sharp knife;
- screws and screwdriver.
When a large area of the ceiling with a simple structure, the following steps:
- sheet of drywall is applied to the frame, focusing on profiles and fasten with screws using a screwdriver;
- butt apply the next sheet and repeat the above steps;
- excess drywall is cut using a knife construction.
Important: When attaching the drywall between the sheets is necessary to leave a small gap of about 0.3-0.5 cm for subsequent filling of the joints with a mixture of gypsum.
When you create a multi-level design steps a little more complicated and will be as follows:
- sheet of drywall is applied to the frame;
- the inside contour of a pencil point for cutting;
- Dip a sheet and cut out the desired item;
- If necessary, customize the size of the fragment and is fixed with screws using a screwdriver on the frame;
- make cuts under the lights, according to their shape and size.
After the skin can be considered that the installation of suspended ceilings made of plasterboard is completed and it is time to proceed to the final stage, putty (see: How do putty plasterboard - correctly and efficiently).Special solutions fill the seams and fixing points drywall screws, reinforce joints using serpyanku.
then make the finish plaster and after drying to a final decoration, it could be painting, wallpapering, for example.
more and visual instruction can be found on our website.Before selecting the design and initial stages should be familiar with how to make a false ceiling plasterboard, video tells about the process in more detail.